Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

Yes the substitution was a mistake, we had Kingy available, like for like, would have been the better option, but I guess Shaky didn't want to sit on the lead?

Great display really but gutted nevertheless, Iborra would have been ideal. More positives than negatives IMO.

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Cretin.

The goals came from defensive lapses in concentration. Nothing to do with shape. We were already under the cosh. 

I liked his thinking. Stretch them so they can't commit men forward to ease the pressure.

Of course, the goals go in and the plebs point to an 'unusual' substitution as the cause.

You utter, utter idiot.

So you think ridiculous name calling somehow strengthens your argument? The irony of you calling anyone a Cretin. If you believe their last two goals had nothing to do with the substitutes that altered our shape then sir it is you who is the " utter idiot " So you like his thinking? stretch them so they can't commit men forward, at what stage ever tonight have we stopped them committing men forward? you obviously know nothing about the game Pleb.

Let's go for positives:

- played very well for most of the game and had star signing on the bench

- did that also without Huth or drinky as options

- Maguire was great

- James like a new signing. Very good.

- Vardy is back

- Schmeichel some very good saves

- haven't picked up a point there since being back in PL so a free hit tonight. Nothing gained nothing lost.

The most annoying thing is we had Arsenal where we wanted them, when Amartey came on we managed to nullify their threat somewhat and they were reduced to pop shots and hopeful balls through. The shape was great and we contained them well...

James HAD to come off because he was shagged...but not for Kalechi.....for **** sake Craig come on...at this point it's about containment, King would have been the right choice, sure up the midfield and keep the shape as it was....Arsenal needed two to win and time wasn't on their side...so what do we do....revert back to 4-4-2 against a side playing 5 attacking players....and low and behold we gift them two goals (albeit one disgraceful miss by baldy bollocks).

If you take the pin out of a grenade and hold it eventually it will blow up, that's what we did...

That was avoidable, bollocks to this "they're a good side shit" we had them rattled and beaten and then gift wrapped the wankers three points. 

Merry ****ing Christmas Arsen you ****. 

9 minutes ago, shen said:

Are people forgetting how we actually conceded the goals? Shakespeare's subs, a knackered James going off and Kelechi coming on, Mike Dean and formations do not explain or excuse conceding from two set pieces within minutes.

Totally agree. Set piece defending is a mess still.... 

Shouldn't concede goals to Arsenal from set pieces. But do we never ever work on this? 

Arsenal were poor tonight really. Four times in a row we've left here with nothing and should have got a point minimum from each. 

1 minute ago, shen said:

The sequence was repeated like 6-7 times during the game. I'm just going to refrain from putting on the blue-tinted specs on this one.

Fair enough. More posted out of frustration than anything. 

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Listening to Shakeys post match interview on Sky he knows what caused us to concede.

I believe in the bloke! Hope people have stayed to watch it, he's coming across really well. 

He damn well should do it was him.

1 minute ago, Aeropars said:

The nature of both arsenals goals were not cause by the personelle we brought on and off. The goal was caused by our lack of concentration caused by the changes. 

Three players unmarked at the far post......no one there for a flimsy ****ing tackle or to concentrate....

Best form of defence is attack. CS tried to regain some attacking impetus for us and I admire him for that actually. 

As mentioned, quite sad to see so many of our own almost want to see us and CS fail. That's the most disappointing thing about this evening quite frankly

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

So you think ridiculous name calling somehow strengthens your argument? The irony of you calling anyone a Cretin. If you believe their last two goals had nothing to do with the substitutes that altered our shape then sir it is you who is the " utter idiot " So you like his thinking? stretch them so they can't commit men forward, at what stage ever tonight have we stopped them committing men forward? you obviously know nothing about the game Pleb.

Cretinous response that.

Spent 2gbs of my 5gb data allowance watching from my caravan on Holiday.

Disappointed. Going home tomorrow and the missus has been cleaning the kitchen and said ive got the toilets to clean which i was actually looking forward to when we were 3-2 up. Well good mood at that point. Not looking forward to it now tho. Drinking beer instead.

A bit pissed off tbh. When Shakey brought nacho on, as he was stood on the touchline I was thinking wtf. Minite later we concede. I cant help but think he wanted to bring him on no matter what just to keep him happy but then last game of the season he didnt bring wasyl on saying sentiment goes out of the window... leaving a complete heads ratcher at his decision to bring nacho on. Why? Surely solidify the midfield and defence and leave vardy up front on his own. James leaving and iheanacho on gave arsenal exactly what they needed and exposed spaces between our midfield and defence for them to exploit.

On the bright side, good to see us scoring 3 goals after the utter drought we had in doing that last season especially first half of it.

Vardy looking as sharp and confident as his title winning season is a joy to watch. 

Mahrez good delivery of the corner but he spends 80 minutes being knocked off the ball.

Maguire is ace. Players are scared of sticking a foot in against him and hes really good going forwards to.

Surprised no ones mentioned albrighton i thought his deliveries were superb tonight.

Be interesting to see what Shakespeares take on his sub tactics was and set pie es definitely need sorting out. Surprised we arent stronger on them by now after the shambles they were last season.

Overall pleased with how we played and we were away to Arsenal who get all the luck against us for some reason. Ozil should take up basketball with moves like that too.

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Let's go for positives:

- played very well for most of the game and had star signing on the bench

- did that also without Huth or drinky as options

- Maguire was great

- James like a new signing. Very good.

- Vardy is back

- Schmeichel some very good saves

- haven't picked up a point there since being back in PL so a free hit tonight. Nothing gained nothing lost.

I'm extremely pissed off at the way we blew that but I do agree it was good stuff for 80 minutes.

If nothing else we seem to have a centre back who can actually play football now. I enjoyed him rampaging down the wings for no obvious reason.

Gonna be interesting to see what we do without Okazaki (assuming Kelechi is gonna start) though. Not a coincidence that we started to get overrun in midfield when he went off.

The last sub was just plain wrong I assume James had signalled he was spent but we had to keep the 3/5 midfield so KIng and maybe Nacho for Vardy

They were just going to keep at us and we needed to defend  which we had been doing for 20 minutes quite well.

Mistake but 3 good goals

Just now, Wdywd said:

If nothing else we seem to have a centre back who can actually play football now. I enjoyed him rampaging down the wings for no obvious reason.

I can see where he still needs to learn in that aspect. He's so keen to step out of the back line but against Arsenal a quick one two will out them in behind you. Having said that I think we've picked up an absolute bargain.

Archived