Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

Shakespear lost us that game no doubt about it. The word naive doesn't cover it.  No other premiership manager 3-2 up with ten minutes to go away from home would have made such unnecessary changes.

And yes they were unnecessary. Ten or so minutes to go with no one carrying an injury and looking like we only had to see the game out. W.T.F was he thinking? Arsenal could not believe their luck.

The fans know he fvcked up and I'm sure the players know he did and even more important the owners know he did. All that effort wasted on a rookie manager and his unfathomable decisions. The worse substitutions in a game for us in living memory.

He better shape up or be shipped out. I know it is only one game but at this level he's been found out. 

Just now, vanity said:

Tough to accept us snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with equanimity. Preventable losses burn the worst. Moral victories are for teams in the Championship.

I know it is, I'm gutted. Maybe it's because I was a bit worried that we'd turn up and get done 3-0 without threatening their goal.

1 minute ago, Spicer said:

Why are people saying we lost because we stopped being attacking? We were 3-2 up with Amartey, James and Ndidi in the middle, We take James off for Nacho and we almost immediately concede 2 goals. 

James was utterly spent. I think Shakey thought he had no choice. Once we were left with Amartey and Ndidi it was curtains.

We were bloody brilliant away from home and we were unluckily to lose in the last few minutes. Could have gone either way. Arse's 'winner' was handball.  Stay positive everyone and there is no right to slag any player off after one game. They gave their all. 

Absolutely gutted, absolutely hate Arsenal. They really are shit and we should have got something out of that. Defensively we look poor. Morgan is finished so we need a new captain and a new centre back asap. Despite the disappointment of losing in the manner  did, I'd actually be more worried if i was an Arsenal fan right now. I reckon they'll be lucky to get top 6 this year

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

No.  They shouldn't.

I beg to disagree. Either way, pointing out Özil is clutching at straws.

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

N'Didi didn't watch the ball in the air for 20 yards before it came down though.  Unlike that wide eyed fûck.

See above.

Just now, catfordfox said:

Agree bringing iheanacho on then was an odd one, but laying into Shakespeare because we lost concentration at a couple of corners is ridiculous. We were set up excellently for most of the game, played very well for 70 mins+, and had subs forced on us through injuries and lack of fitness in centre midfield, against a team who just spent 50m on a striker. Fair enough it was a bit Mickey Adams at the end, but come on, Shakespeare deserves more loyalty than this.

It is not disloyal to say he cost us the game. He did. Now he needs to improve from the experience and move fwd. This team can make a run, and he can lead us there. But why pretend he made good decisions late in the game? Arsene thoroughly handled him in that.

With our brutal start to the season, this game is going to hurt for awhile.

I will go on a limb here. We looked devastating on the attack and solid enough in defence. Arsenal are a quality team. And it was a stroke of luck which won them the game for me. I feel we are in for a good season!

the fire is back. Plus another hurt from Arsenal. Brighton, beware.  

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think it was a joint effort, error wise. The point I'm making is the amount of goals we concede when we have Amartey on the pitch, is clear. It happened again tonight. I made quite a bit from it last season, and have just done so again.

Its not a coincidence.

I think people need to be a little wary also of overly praising Maguire. We've just conceded 4 goals with him at CB. Early days.

Maguire seemed to be trying to do two or three jobs and to some extent made an impact and to some extent was found wanting. 

As for Amartey he did some good things replacing the ineffective James but why we didn'the utilise the invariably effective king to close down the game i've no idea.

It is so imporant not just to win the ball when a game gets desperate but to pass it quickly and accurarely to one of our shires.

We didn't do that.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

James was utterly spent. I think Shakey thought he had no choice. Once we were left with Amartey and Ndidi it was curtains.

He's not particularly great but King was on the bench. He can come on and sit in midfield. What did we expect Iheanacho to do in the last 10 minutes? We already had someone to chase down the ball and Mahrez to support. How many attackers do you need to protect a 3-2 lead away from home?

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Oh stop mimicking the media... Arsenal should've had a peno first half for a handball by Ndidi and you highlight that? Even stevens...It doesn't excuse the poor clearance from the corner and the total lack of marking.

That Ndidi one was never a pen. Point blank range, hand to ball. Ozil was blatant DELIBERATE handball. Hand (arm) to ball. Agreed that doesn't excuse the awful defending though. 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

By jingo, he gets it..

Christ alive you're irritating.

Amartey did nothing wrong and actually snuffed out a couple of attacks pretty well when he came on.

Removing James from midfield cost us.

But because you said Amartey was shit 12 months ago, you've got to make everything fit that agenda.

I don't think he's a world beater, or even merits a start for us, but I'd hazard a guess no one else on this forum does either. Give it a rest yeah?

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

Shakespear lost us that game no doubt about it. The word naive doesn't cover it.  No other premiership manager 3-2 up with ten minutes to go away from home would have made such unnecessary changes.

And yes they were unnecessary. Ten or so minutes to go with no one carrying an injury and looking like we only had to see the game out. W.T.F was he thinking? Arsenal could not believe their luck.

The fans know he fvcked up and I'm sure the players know he did and even more important the owners know he did. All that effort wasted on a rookie manager and his unfathomable decisions. The worse substitutions in a game for us in living memory.

He better shape up or be shipped out. I know it is only one game but at this level he's been found out. 

The subs weren't the smartest but to say "we just had to see the game out" is ****ing laughable. Arsenal had 70% possession and 3 times the amount of shots, they were always going to batter us in the last 10. We weren't cruising our way to a win 

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Cretin.

The goals came from defensive lapses in concentration. Nothing to do with shape. We were already under the cosh. 

I liked his thinking. Stretch them so they can't commit men forward to ease the pressure.

Of course, the goals go in and the plebs point to an 'unusual' substitution as the cause.

You utter, utter idiot.

Archived