Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

6 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Should start looking at another manager now before the season dries up - defence was clueless tonight and midfield light - Vardy great, Albrighton good for 45 but Ndidi looked under par Mahrez was pants and should be got rid of now, James was passable King would probably have done more - Simps played good as did Fuchs most of the time but the central defenders were weak. Just my view but Shakey ain't a manager just a great coach - rookie error up there with appointing Sousa as manager all those years ago, even though I wish it were otherwise.

STFU. It was the first game, away at Arsenal and we scored 3 goals, Disappointing but hardly a disaster. 

Despite the blatant handball preceding their winner why did we go all negative when 3-2 ahead?

Giving them free rein to pass into our penalty area when they had so many accurate passing attackers and so many untracked and uncontested runners coming onto the edge of our box was crazy as having all our defenders being drawn away from the far post for their winner.

Such a valiant effort thrown away through thoughtlessness. Great game though for all that our team continues to have malfunctions. 

Vardy's goals were a treat to remember though.

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

It said to Arsenal, ' we are giving up on trying to score a killer fourth goal against your woeful defence and we will try to hang on desperately for a draw, please attack as much as you want'

So what did bringing on Iheanacho say?

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Honestly can't believe what I'm reading. We outplayed one of the top sides on their own patch, and everyone is getting pelters because we switched off for a couple of minutes.

Honestly, wind it in.

Exactly. Mike ****ing Deane strikes again and a header from a corner. Nothing james or anyone else from midfield could have done.

3 minutes ago, 22BLUE said:

IMG_1701.JPG

Oh stop mimicking the media... Arsenal should've had a peno first half for a handball by Ndidi and you highlight that? Even stevens...It doesn't excuse the poor clearance from the corner and the total lack of marking.

I feel more positive than I did this time last year against Hull.

People having a go at Shakey is a joke.

They had a handball and another goal had offside.  If the referee and his two bitches were competent, they'd have disallowed the offside and we'd have had a free kick before the corner for the other goal.

Gutted.

But I can't really be angry with that, we are just ****ing cursed away to Arsenal, it felt like the 1-2 in the title winning season. They are gonna be fine when they get their defenders back. To me it looked like they were back to how they were attacking 5 years ago, lots of intricate passing through the defence, their 3 at the back formation allows them more fluidity.

Oxlade Chamberlain man of the match, he is pacier than I realised  

We played well but surrendered too much initiative every time we went ahead. The Iheanacho sub I thought was to try and relieve some pressure, it's just a shame that they scored pretty much instantly thanks to our defence switching off.

I'd have said Gray and Iheanacho should have come in for Albrighton and Okazaki at the time of the Amartey sub would have worked better. Mahrez grew into the match but Albrighton fell out of it I thought.

I just hope Shakey doesn't make a habit of ****ing up his subs.

Hell of a header from Giroud, they had a lucky second goal and the ref gave them a helping hand. And an absolute wankfest from Sky over them.

No need to be too down heartened by that. Bring on Brighton.

11 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Major over reaction with Shakey's decision making , what about Ozil's hand ball and Giroud pulling Maguire down by his shirt for his headed goal.

However, if we hadn't been so negative the ball might not have been in the areas as often as it was after the substitutions. You make your own luck or bad luck. 

We will NEVER win at Arsenal.

Honestly even after 75 minutes and playing well 2-3 up I said to people here we'd lose 4-3 with Arsenal scoring a jammy one on 85 minutes.  Hated being proved right.  We are honestly cursed against them.  Every single time the same.

Arsenal look absolutely dreadful though, they will take some absolute beatings this year.  6/7 finish for me.

As for us, Shakespeare needs to be bolder.  Surrendering the ball for the last 10 minutes when leading a football match away from home will NEVER deliver home the result for us.  Learn fast or pay the price Craig.  Tonight was a match we should NOT have lost.

4 minutes ago, Phube said:

Why do the Arse celebrate a win against us likes they've just win the league!?

With us being recent winners of the league they see us as a yardstick of something to aspire to, that one day in the future they could try to achieve for themselves. If they keep practicing, keep getting in the refs ear (and wallet) they might come close one day but until then their dream is our reality.

Deliberate handball in clear sight of the ref!

3-2 up with 7-8 minutes to go, would we have held out but for the goal that followed the handball,who knows? We must learn from that and close out such games from a winning position.

The stuff of nightmares. Giroud, Wenger and those scumbag Arsenal fans would be near the top of any Leicester fan's hate list. As would that tosser Dean. And they're all happy tonight while we are plunged into misery. Football is beyond cruel sometimes.

Archived