Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

King coming on for James wouldn't have made a difference (possibly worse), collectively we were too deep and we couldn't retain the ball - if we're continually smashing the ball away without any presence to hold it up it's only going to come straight back anyway. 

Whether in a pair or a three N'Didi looked a bit off and Amartey isn't good enough so with poor defensive performances and sitting too deep it isn't surprising we lost. The Iheanacho sub had little to do with it.

Can't blame Shaky or Dean for this. It was the usual heartache at Emirates, where Arsenal flippin always find their clutch against us. It must be curse. Thats 3 seasons in a row on Emirates with them getting later winners. Thank f'ck that fixture is out of the way now.

Lots of positives, but also room for a lot of improvements. Gutted, but also encouraged.

13 minutes ago, Thracian said:

And ignore all maguire's mistakes why not?  And the total lack of defensive help for Simpson from Mahrez who was so poor apart from the part he played in our third goal.

Maguire was the stand out player, got out muscled for the winner, but wasn't off the pace, in no mans land, ball watching like Morgan, accept it, morgan is finished at this level.

Simpson is mister steady, but again wasteful in possession, a position I think we could/ need to improve on, Simpson would be a steady back up.

This is what makes me laugh on foxes talk, mahrez gets a slating for not being involved, but Okazaki is great, with out looking at stats, mahrez, Okazaki and vardy were feeding on scraps.

I would say the figures barring the goal, they had similar stats.

Mahrez didn't play great by any means, but he played nowhere near as bad as you and other are making out.

But it's easy to slate a player because he wants to leave, and his head isn't probably focused, but was professional enough for the manager to pick him, and didn't not bother

2 minutes ago, smr said:

Spent 2gbs of my 5gb data allowance watching from my caravan on Holiday.

Disappointed. Going home tomorrow and the missus has been cleaning the kitchen and said ive got the toilets to clean which i was actually looking forward to when we were 3-2 up. Well good mood at that point. Not looking forward to it now tho. Drinking beer instead.

A bit pissed off tbh. When Shakey brought nacho on, as he was stood on the touchline I was thinking wtf. Minite later we concede. I cant help but think he wanted to bring him on no matter what just to keep him happy but then last game of the season he didnt bring wasyl on saying sentiment goes out of the window... leaving a complete heads ratcher at his decision to bring nacho on. Why? Surely solidify the midfield and defence and leave vardy up front on his own. James leaving and iheanacho on gave arsenal exactly what they needed and exposed spaces between our midfield and defence for them to exploit.

On the bright side, good to see us scoring 3 goals after the utter drought we had in doing that last season especially first half of it.

Vardy looking as sharp and confident as his title winning season is a joy to watch. 

Mahrez good delivery of the corner but he spends 80 minutes being knocked off the ball.

Maguire is ace. Players are scared of sticking a foot in against him and hes really good going forwards to.

Surprised no ones mentioned albrighton i thought his deliveries were superb tonight.

Be interesting to see what Shakespeares take on his sub tactics was and set pie es definitely need sorting out. Surprised we arent stronger on them by now after the shambles they were last season.

Overall pleased with how we played and we were away to Arsenal who get all the luck against us for some reason. Ozil should take up basketball with moves like that too.

As I said earlier, take your time over this 'Maguire is ace' stuff. We just conceded 4 in one game. The opener of the season. I liked a lot of what he did, not so much other parts of his game. He looks naive with quite a bit to learn.

7 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

The nature of both arsenals goals were not cause by the personelle we brought on and off. The goal was caused by our lack of concentration caused by the changes. 

Are you not contradicting yourself there?

Good game. To score three goals away to a 'supposed' title contender is pretty good going. Showed up their weaknesses so a position 5-10 for them. City are the best team they have faced this season. Console yourself in that and Arsenal fans will still chant 'WENGER OUT'

Guest Mee-9

I thought we were ****ing good tonight.

Regardless of the two lapses in concentration for 2 of the goals, we are going to smash a few teams.

Yeah we deserved at least a point, but i'd have taken a 4-3 loss away to Arsenal. 

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

King coming on for James wouldn't have made a difference (possibly worse), collectively we were too deep and we couldn't retain the ball - if we're continually smashing the ball away without any presence to hold it up it's only going to come straight back anyway. 

Whether in a pair or a three N'Didi looked a bit off and Amartey isn't good enough so with poor defensive performances and sitting too deep it isn't surprising we lost. The Iheanacho sub had little to do with it.

Correct.  We should have really gone for the fourth.  Their defence was abysmal, there was no better time to really try and beat Arsenal than tonight.  The fans would have been in uproar if we'd have got the fourth,

Thought that was a great away performance. Everything I wanted to see in terms of determination, energy and positivity. Seemed like the Leicester City of old. A far cry from last season. 

James off the pace, but hardly surprising given his non existent Premier League game time of late . Yes we crumbled, but lots of promise to take into the season ahead. Thought the majority of the team played well. Mahrez giving the ball away cheaply still. I don't think his head has been in a good place since we lifted the trophy. 

Despite having a good game Fuchs has to take a lot of Blame for the Ramsey goal. He was nowhere to be seen.

But our big problem is the same as it has been for years. Poor at set plays and Corners. Maguire really shouldn't be getting outmuscled at Corners. But he will be better for the experience.

Just walked in. To get to my house I had to walk through a crowd of about a thousand smug Gooners entering Finsbury Park station as I was going the other way. My face must've been like the most slapped of arses.

Absolutely gutted, don't get me wrong. But I've had 20 minutes tube journey to cool off, and there were some positives to be sure. There were also some things we all learned tonight. 

At least it wasn't boring. But then again, when are we ever boring?

6 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Maguire was the stand out player, got out muscled for the winner, but wasn't off the pace, in no mans land, ball watching like Morgan, accept it, morgan is finished at this level.

Simpson is mister steady, but again wasteful in possession, a position I think we could/ need to improve on, Simpson would be a steady back up.

This is what makes me laugh on foxes talk, mahrez gets a slating for not being involved, but Okazaki is great, with looking at stats, mahrez, Okazaki and vardy were feeding on scraps.

I would say the figures barring the goal, they had similar stats.

Mahrez didn't play great by any means, but he played nowhere near as bad as you and other are making out.

But it's easy to slate a player because he wants to leave, and his head isn't probably focused, but was professional enough for the manager to pick him, and not bother.

Apart from one short spell seconditions half when he contributed to a goal, Mahrez was appalling and very tightly and quickly marked

Seems plenty are getting seduced by the "concentration" hype as an excuse. If the ball wasn't getting played into our third of the pitch with such ease then concentration wouldn't have to be such an issue.   

Mike Dean yet again gives a controversial equaliser before half time and this photo shows from sky shows he is in full view of Ozils hand ball yet he blatantly ignores foul play incompetence personified, why do we never get things for us when we play Arsenhole and why the FUCH doe the Gooneys always celebrate a win against us as if they'd won the World Cup FFs !!??

IMG_4815.PNG

If Iborra or Drinky is on the bench, that's a different end to that game.

King would have offered **** all, as he always does (particularly defensively).  

Its not like we started with a 3-man mid and Shakey randomly decided to take it to a two.  He had to take James off, he went attacking.  

A handball and shit piece of defending has killed us.  

The simplistic morons having a go about Shakey need to finish up their cheap beer at Wetherspoons and go back to their disgusting wives. You bunch of bin head rats.

Archived