Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy tonight was absolutely exceptional.

Maguire wasn't 'class'. You don't concede 4 and consider a CB to be 'class.'

Stop being ridiculous.

Vardy tonight though was almost unplayable.

He got a 10 from me. Would have been 11 out of 10 if he'doesn't slipped the goalkeeper late on and scored again.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they changed their formation and started to get beyond our midfield into the spaces. You have to react to that. We weren't doing well once they went to five up top. Going back to two up top with ten to go undid us. The mindset had been set to hold onto what we had. Can't change it back again when they are just throwing everything at us. 

Sticking Amerty on in CM when we havent even played him there pre season undid us. King would have been better, for James, and fresh legs up top to help Vardy. Parking the bus with 20 minutes to go asked for it, i think we all knew we were going to lose from that sub on. Seemed a cowardly way to try and see out the win and far too early. Could have accepted that sub in maybe the 80th minute earliest. Killed the game for me

Vardy - best player 

ndidi - flashes of promise 

okasaki - as good as usual 

mahrez -obvious he dont want to be here 

albrighton - as good as normal 

james - great to see him back 

fuchs - good as usual 

simpson - good but needs cover 

maguire - great best defender by far

morgan - good decent preformance 

schmeichel - couple of vital saves 

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Think Shakey can see this? I so hope so. James is fighting to get back to fitness but when we took him off tonight, I just knew we were going to concede. I think I tend to think like Shakey most of the time with his selections but I cannot for the life of me fathom why he brought Amartey on and not King, and also Iheanacho before Slimani.

Amartey is the pits and Slim was the target man to keep the ball up top.

Je no comprende.

I still think James could have lasted that last ten minutes and just seen the game out. stupid substitutions which cost us the game. 

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Sticking Amerty on in CM when we havent even played him there pre season undid us. King would have been better, for James, and fresh legs up top to help Vardy. Parking the bus with 20 minutes to go asked for it, i think we all knew we were going to lose from that sub on. Seemed a cowardly way to try and see out the win and far too early. Could have accepted that sub in maybe the 80th minute earliest. Killed the game for me

All down to the manager.

was at the game, big up to vards and maguire, james also played really well which surprised me a bit.

i thought mahrez looked like a passenger at times, sell him off to roma and get in someone hungry instead. 

the subs/tactical changes worked against us tonight, i understand bringing on another defensive player but i would have preferred chilly or king for mahrez to pack out the midfield. we needed to stop them from playing, nacho hasn't had much game time and it was a bit silly to make that change at that time. 

having said that i was expecting to lose and scoring three goals away is good considering last years goal scoring form! still gutted to see us throw away a point

Yes, we lost the game because of individual mistakes, but you can't just separate the individual errors from the formation that we adopted when Iheanacho came on. At that point we were asking for trouble in a way that we weren't with Okazaki on (stopping threats at source) or in the 4-5-1 (more bodies in and around the box).

Also, people saying King wouldn't have made a difference? If there's one thing we're all agreed Andy King can do it's make totally nondescript 5 yard passes to retain possession. That is exactly what we needed today.

Loads of positives though - we tried to win the game which is already a big step up from last season, Vardy looked razor sharp and James was good.

Considering all the pre season negativity I think we played really well! We knew we were up against it from minute 1 and tbf we competed for long parts without our star man having any influence, that is my only criticism, he should've been off at half time, everyone else was brilliant, their strength in depth showed but i'm more optimistic about chances this season after that, albeit a shit way to lose, that team spirit seems to be there again which is a huge positive, and Matty James had a great game which can only bode well, just hope confidence isn't shattered! Schmeichel also showed how ****ing class he is and how important he is to us....Also Marc Albrighton was quality tonight!

My thoughts during the game included:

Morgan's having a poor game

Mahrez is having a stinker

C'mon Shakey make some subs

No not that sub

Don't just sit back

Not that sub either

FFS!

My overriding feeling after the game is we played really well in patches, but still room for improvement, I don't feel anywhere near as negative as after the Hull game last season, plenty of positives:

Vardy

Maguire

Fuchs

Albrighton

all looking very good

Okazaki

Ndidi

James

Kasper

Simpson

looked good 

Mahrez and Morgan were nowhere near their best, but that is the nature of a team game, and Shakespeare didn't manage the game well. Overall it was a good performance and enough positives to think this will be a good season.

Still believe Creg was a poor choice for manager, tactical naivety again on display tonight. Our defence hasn't been improved enough during the summer. Mahrez needs to go while we can still get a tube of Pringles and half a tin of Fanta for him. I find it so sad how he's royally pissing on his legacy.

On the upside, it was like being managed by Keegan. If we attack like that all season it'll be entertaining if nothing else. 

Up until the Amartey substitution our game plan was working perfectly.

We saw it in away games at the end of last season where Shakespeare was setting us up very negatively away from home, but it wasn't working. It's almost like he couldn't resist going back to that when he brought Amartey on. We surrendered any attacking potency and invited them onto us. The last few years should have provided more than enough evidence about what happens at the Emirates when we do that.

I hope he learns from his mistakes because there's no leniency in the PL. I just have a feeling he's not quite got it yet.

The mistake tonight was keeping mahrez on the pitch, lacazette pulled onto the left wing and caused problems 2nd half, wenger won the game with his subs, shakey didn't lose it with his, we're renound for being a counter attacking team, why would he take our most creative player off winning away from home, thats conceding defeat in itself imo. we were unlucky and wenger's plan b got him out the shit cos we competed until the subs

13 hours ago, Livid said:

Up until the Amartey substitution our game plan was working perfectly.

We saw it in away games at the end of last season where Shakespeare was setting us up very negatively away from home, but it wasn't working. It's almost like he couldn't resist going back to that when he brought Amartey on. We surrendered any attacking potency and invited them onto us. The last few years should have provided more than enough evidence about what happens at the Emirates when we do that.

I hope he learns from his mistakes because there's no leniency in the PL. I just have a feeling he's not quite got it yet.

If he hasn't got it yet he never will. I'm only a fan and the minute he started making those silly substitutes I knew we would lose the game. How long has he been in the game? how long an assistant manager? It's not just at the Emirates those kinds of stupid mistakes could have been made at any ground against any opposition. He's not up to it and even in the post match interview would not admit it was his fault. He will be awarded the O.B.E  by the owners very soon ( out by Easter )

Archived