Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You had to see it to believe it (unless I've dreamt this).

You didn't dream this...I was jumping around my living room shouting "Nooooo" when the ball was scooped wide to them...any of them could've scored.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy tonight was absolutely exceptional.

Maguire wasn't 'class'. You don't concede 4 and consider a CB to be 'class.'

Stop being ridiculous.

Vardy tonight though was almost unplayable.

He got a 10 from me. Would have been 11 out of 10 if he'd slipped the goalkeeper late on and completed his hat-trick.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Can't quite believe it. Made a pile on betting though. As soon as we bought on Amartey, I lumped on over 6.5.

lol

Yeah but you are a bit of a nob tbf

We got to 3-2 up playing 442 so why couldn't we hold out playing that! Yes we changed then changed back but we should have been fine with that having played it numerous times! Neither goal came through the middle of the pitch either if I remember rightly?

positives- 

vardy and okazaki off the mark

negatives-

2/3 defenders needed minimum in my opinion. 

Not a negative but did kelechi touch the ball when he came on?

Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare speaking to Sky Sports: "We spoke about being compact and being a threat with the pace of Vardy. We executed that well. We're disappointed to score three and come away with a defeat.

"When teams make substitutes just before corners it's confusing. I'm disappointed with the handball in the build up, but once the corner's given you have to defend it better. I don't know whether it was lack of concentration or game management.

"I've been impressed with Harry Maguire since he came in. I wanted some Premier League, British experience. He's young and will only get better. Jamie Vardy is back to his old self. We want him to be a nuisance.

"We're not going to be too down-hearted. We have to be posititve as it's the first game."

It should have been 3 points. Sadly throw the game away. Vardy looks good once more.  Why bring Gray and Ihaneacho on with 8mins left... That's not enough time to make a difference. I hope the manager learns from this, if not his job will be on the line.

Just now, Thracian said:

Central midfield had lots to answer for and is a crucial weakness. We have no two men capable of dominating that area and it was entirely in evidence tonight yet again and especially when shinji ran out of steam.

Think Shakey can see this? I so hope so. James is fighting to get back to fitness but when we took him off tonight, I just knew we were going to concede. I think I tend to think like Shakey most of the time with his selections but I cannot for the life of me fathom why he brought Amartey on and not King, and also Iheanacho before Slimani.

Amartey is the pits and Slim was the target man to keep the ball up top.

Je no comprende.

Ive had time to calm down. Its always painful to lose to arsenal. I hate them with a pashun.

The iheanacho sub was a major cock up. When i saw him ccoming on i thought wtf is shakey doing. He got that one totally wrong.

But having said that to score 3 at the emirates and knowing their whole fan base had itchy bums and turtles underwear from almost losing  makes it easier to take.

Morgan checked out the moment he was dragged across vardys kitchen floor. 

Mahrez was a joke today. We shouldnt sell him cheap but he needs to understand more is expected from him.

This game has shown that we will be top 10 this season if we keep fit and keep faith.

Come on you foxes!

8 minutes ago, Milo said:

You didn't dream this...I was jumping around my living room shouting "Nooooo" when the ball was scooped wide to them...any of them could've scored.

Me too - I couldn'the believe us being so naively thoughtless.

Just rolled over. Fought hard to get into it and to take the lead back, they looked pants up front uptil 70mins with sporadic chances so we completely nullifiy our own attack and do exactly what Arsenal are used to playing against in barraging sides until finally they get some luck and after they'd equalised all the momentum was theirs and the nerves were in us. Finally go behind so then we push the defence up and decide to use the midfield. It was like the plan to see the match out was to torture ourselves for 20mins when we coulda still asserted dominance or even twisted the knife.

Clearly there was enough about us to take the lead there, we looked good for it. The fans were on Arse's back an all. Sooooooooooo frustrating.

All that said the Ref was naff. Not going the drama drama Sky Sports 'oh look a handball somewhere' route, we still had a corner to defend; bread & butter. Just his lacklustre attitude and control over the players, free kicks were being taken 10meters+ from the incidents, Mahrez was getting his shins studded and bashed all game, no warnings, no cards and a complete pass to players dramatising and being unsporting. In the end he blew on 4 when they'd wasted at least a minute and a half.

Cant let this result set the tone and I want to see a better mentality if in similar situations this season. Half the game we got wrong and the other was near perfect

12 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

No it wasn't. It was concentration and organisation at the sub point. The 3rd goal was a collective. 3 players could and should have taken control of the situation. 

I was being facetious, I know it wasn't the sub.

The Amartey for Okazaki sub was the one for me. You can't do that against Arsenal. Should have kept attacking their flimsy back line. As it was they had the opportunity to throw the kitchen sink at us... and they did. Bringing Nacho on for James was just trying to rectify that and I thought we started taking it back to them, but it was too late then.

And come on, how many of us thought we were going to get a result here? Other teams, including teams from the top four or five, will lose at the Emirates, possibly by more than one and not after having led for over half the game.

We could have played better, could have made better tactical decisions, could have had better reffing, but I'm really not going to lose any sleep over this one.

Night all.

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It wasnt. We were doing well up until then

they changed their formation and started to get beyond our midfield into the spaces. You have to react to that. We weren't doing well once they went to five up top. Going back to two up top with ten to go undid us. The mindset had been set to hold onto what we had. Can't change it back again when they are just throwing everything at us. 

56 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

He's not particularly great but King was on the bench. He can come on and sit in midfield. What did we expect Iheanacho to do in the last 10 minutes? We already had someone to chase down the ball and Mahrez to support. How many attackers do you need to protect a 3-2 lead away from home?

Archived