Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

When was his original contract up? Clinging on to the fact it's to get a better fee but seems unlikely. I just don't understand the logic, he wanted out to play and has hardly played since but still wants to stay.

2 scenarios, he wanted more money or god forbid we have promised him more playing time.

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

When was his original contract up? Clinging on to the fact it's to get a better fee but seems unlikely. I just don't understand the logic, he wanted out to play and has hardly played since but still wants to stay.

2 scenarios, he wanted more money or god forbid we have promised him more playing time.

His initial contract would have been up at the end of this season. An extra year just doesn't make any sense to me. We will doubtfully need him this season, let alone next season. 

That means 5 striker on our books currently, which is 1 too many.

Leo was great in his first two seasons here, but in recent times he has looked very limited. Unless he is prepared to be the Andy King of strikers (IE happy to be a squad player), it doesn't seem like great news. Especially if it means Slimani is on his way.

Usually I am not so critical but Leo has both come out and said he would never play for us again and has been absolute toilet in both pre-season and the cup. The contract was not deserved.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

That means 5 striker on our books currently, which is 1 too many.

Leo was great in his first two seasons here, but in recent times he has looked very limited. Unless he is prepared to be the Andy King of strikers (IE happy to be a squad player), it doesn't seem like great news. Especially if it means Slimani is on his way.

Usually I am not so critical but Leo has both come out and said he would never play for us again and has been absolute toilet in both pre-season and the cup.

Lots of managers talk about wanting 5 strikers for a campaign.

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Does it?

Do we really want him on the bench for League games?

Yes.  There are just a couple of days of transfer window left. If Slim goes, we are short on strikers. How many are going to want to come

and sit on the bench?? Liked by team members. Perfectly adequate as emergency cover and cameo roles. A good alternative tk what we have if Slim goes. Who were you expecting to come

and play that role? 

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Jesus wept.....

tears of joy?

Love me a bit of Leo, can't reasonably ask for a better back-up striker.

Edit: As in someone happy to warm the bench/play for the ressies most of the time but step up well when called upon.

I'm assuming after he refused to play for us again, because we didn't play him doesn't count anymore, amazing what money can do.

Here was me thinking the club was ambitious, then we pay a bloke who offers very little, a reward of a new contract, after acting like a spoiled brat in December.

What worries me more, have we promised a player, who look out of his depth playing a newly promoted championship side, more game time

Before people jump to his defence, because of what he did, and compare him to mahrez wanting to leave, mahrez has been the ultimate pro, and as much as he wants to play for a top club, he hasn't refused to play, and got on with it.

Archived