Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yes, there's quite a bit in the film Bohemian Rhapsody about how they wrote the song Bohemian Rhapsody.

The best bit in the film is how their Manager at the time hates it and says it won't sell because it's 'Opera' and then it goes on to sell over 6 million singles worldwide and becomes the UK's third biggest selling single of all time.

They have written some great stuff

”Somebody to love” is superb,I just don’t like BR.

just looked at the Top 10 best selling singles.

What to people hear that I don’t.Utter tripe.

No Damned

No Stranglers

No Smiths 

9 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Moving on to an important topic, I absolutely despise female summarisers on football matches. 

I switch off immediately, they are all total rubbish. They know nothing about the game, but offer their textbook comments as if they have played the game. It's PC gone crazy. 

Women's football is totally pathetic, no skill, no will to win, it's only because the goal keepers have Teflon hands that most goals are scored. 

Just my opinion. 

I think SSN have the right balance on it. Michelle Owen isnt bad, the scouse woman also seems to know what she's talking about. The other channels seem to be trying to appese equality tick boxing, probably with the exception of Alex Scott who was decent during the world cup. Eluko or whatever her name was was shit as are others I cant even recall what they are called.

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

They have written some great stuff

”Somebody to love” is superb,I just don’t like BR.

just looked at the Top 10 best selling singles.

What to people hear that I don’t.Utter tripe.

No Damned

No Stranglers

No Smiths 

Cheer up...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

This always pops up around this time of year, so...

Those who claim to honour the sacrifice of the soldiers in the two world wars and then in the same breath decry the current world for being soft, full of "snowflakes", wishing things and people were tougher like they were a while ago etc, are actually doing the very opposite to honouring their sacrifice - because a world like today where fewer people have to suffer, die, and experience the horror of war was exactly what those soldiers were fighting and dying for. "Never again" and all that.

Wanting a return to a more difficult world is not honouring the memory of soldiers, it's pissing on it.

It really wasn’t. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buce said:

It really wasn’t. 

I'm sure you're right that some thought otherwise, but the people who fought such wars (directly or indirectly) thinking otherwise deserve the same contempt as the ones I mention in the OP, IMO - because the only reason I can think of that folks would wage war other than to ensure it doesn't happen again is because they enjoy the power that it brings, and that is contemptuous.

In a way, they're alike - those who enjoyed power before liked that war, those who enjoy power now like it too and so moan about the world being too "soft".

All that being said, I honestly can't think there are many people who actively served on a front line during a big war who really revelled in the idea of doing it all over again afterwards.

On 02/11/2018 at 22:32, cambridgefox said:

You’ve always been my favourite ❤️

Now that's an unpopular opinion.

Edited by Guest

Being off work sick is shit.

Been off today and on paper it sounds awesome watching films /crap tv, going for naps and messing around the internet. But you cant enjoy any of it because you feel ultimately feel like total shit.

And you have a backlog of work to look forward to when you do go back not 100%.

Edited by Nalis

On 03/11/2018 at 01:51, BoyJones said:

Moving on to an important topic, I absolutely despise female summarisers on football matches. 

I switch off immediately, they are all total rubbish. They know nothing about the game, but offer their textbook comments as if they have played the game. It's PC gone crazy. 

Women's football is totally pathetic, no skill, no will to win, it's only because the goal keepers have Teflon hands that most goals are scored. 

Just my opinion. 

Have to say I'm with you here. Alex Scott for me is unlistenable. Every time I watch her she seems to produce lots of words and yet say virtually nothing; every phrase is a boring old punditry cliché or a mundane observation that even the least discerning casual viewer could make. And it's obvious why she's there, which surely must deep down make her feel a bit awkward as well as she's been shoehorned in to tick a box. 

13 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

I think you're sicker than you realise Nalis. Either that or you're in that rare and privileged position of actually having a job you both enjoy and is fulfilling.

It must be your first point as it definitely isnt the second lol

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Been off today and on paper it sounds awesome watching films /crap tv, going for naps and messing around the internet. But you cant enjoy any of it because you feel ultimately feel like total shit.

Agree, but not as bad as having to go to work when you feel like shit. 

I could’ve happily had a duvet day today. :(

Nemanja Matic has really walked into a serious issue here ! The Irish man at stoke seems a numpty but his point seems legitimate when your looking at Matic’s reasons who is also making a legitimate point , interesting point does anyone know if Argentinian players wear the poppy ?  

1 hour ago, FilbertFrog said:

Nemanja Matic has really walked into a serious issue here ! The Irish man at stoke seems a numpty but his point seems legitimate when your looking at Matic’s reasons who is also making a legitimate point , interesting point does anyone know if Argentinian players wear the poppy ?  

It rings a bell to me that Cambiasso didn't wear a poppy. I might be wrong though.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Yep.

I've had a major Crohn's flare up today and passing blood like a bastard. No appetite and feeling weak as fvck. Gone onto my emergency antibiotics to try and fix it but they knock me out.

Gotta cherish every day of good health as being ill means you really can't live your life fully.

Hope you get better soon.

Edit: this isn't really an unpopular opinion, I thought we were in 'How was your day?' thread :rolleyes:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Sad 3

Why does the remembrance period result in the same McClean discussion each year? It's not a new phenomenon, surely everybody's had a chance to say what they think of the topic over the past however many years it's been since he took a public stance.

• Like 1