Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Mayo is great. Brown sauce is better (bacon and sausage cobs both receive it). Gone right off ketchup though, and I hate the smell at the end of meals when everyone except me has huge blobs of the stuff congealing on their plates/faces. Chips and fries are better with mayo. 

19 minutes ago, pds said:

The word unpopular is not generally understood.

Even with inconsistent form and fitness post-Wenger, Aaron Ramsey is still by far the best British central midfielder and completely warrants a move to a major champions league club like Juventus. 

He'll do very well there and be popular with the Italians. 

If he wasn't Welsh, the press in this country would be permanently up his arse but we're one of the few nationalities left in this country it's still perfectly okay to dislike. 

The English act like that's true of them but it's a complete load of bollocks to be honest, there's almost no anti English bias anywhere in English society (far right groups just like to deliberately confuse anti-nationalist sentiment for anti-English sentiment  to promote their agenda) where as its pretty much perfectly acceptable to disrespect the Welsh as a laugh which actually covers a thinly veiled genuine dislike that's been around for about five hundred years. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even with inconsistent form and fitness post-Wenger, Aaron Ramsey is still by far the best British central midfielder and completely warrants a move to a major champions league club like Juventus. 

If he wasn't Welsh, the press in this country would be permanently up his arse but we're one of the few nationalities left in this country it's still perfectly okay to dislike. 

The English act like that's true of them but it's a complete load of bollocks to be honest, there's almost no anti English bias anywhere in English society (far right groups just like to deliberately confuse anti-nationalist sentiment for anti-English sentiment  to promote their agenda) where as its pretty much perfectly acceptable to disrespect the Welsh as a laugh which actually covers a thinly veiled genuine dislike that's been around for about five hundred years. 

Image result for chip on shoulder

lol

4 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Mayo is great. Brown sauce is better (bacon and sausage cobs both receive it). Gone right off ketchup though, and I hate the smell at the end of meals when everyone except me has huge blobs of the stuff congealing on their plates/faces. Chips and fries are better with mayo. 

:thumbdown:

As a South Asian could never understand how people eat "curry" and chips.   Chips best served with salt and vinegar :)

Keep the curry to chicken, lamb and veges!

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

People who use facebook and forums to ask questions that would be better answered by typing the same question into a search engine are usually not just seeking attention.

I agree with the sentiment, however, does anyone on here know the best way to find out where to get my brand new car serviced? It’s european and very expensive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I agree with the sentiment, however, does anyone on here know the best way to find out where to get my brand new car serviced? It’s european and very expensive.

Europe?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If he wasn't Welsh, the press in this country would be permanently up his arse but we're one of the few nationalities left in this country it's still perfectly okay to dislike

I don't think there really is any accepted dislike towards the Welsh (at least not outside of the knuckle draggers who dislike all other nationalities).  We accept Welsh jokes but I think most people view it akin to making jokes about people from Norfolk being inbreds with webbed fingers:  We don't hate Norfolksmen and we don't hate Welshmen, it's just fun to make jokes about people with funny accents with the added bonus that they're from our country so we don't have to worry about being accused of racism.

Wales is a lovely place and most men there work in the mines ...   here's a lovely pic of some Welsh miners .. 

...   and a nice pic of some tasty ladies that are often found stuck to the inside of their locker doors ..   :)

997d9287-48ef-4485-a98c-fa6643fbdc3a_x365.jpg

photo-1511117833895-4b473c0b85d6.jpg

Come on, The Welsh don't even cross anyone's mind 99% of the time. They are far too insignificant for anyone to not like them. 

Travel around the world a little and no-one dislikes the Welsh. Plenty have a "friendly" dislike of the English.