Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

45 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think 'tea' and 'coffee' are too broad. Totally depends on the quality of the tea or coffee and how it's made. I love coffee but I still don't think you can beat a big mug of strong tea first thing in the morning. 

Ahhhh civilisation..at last..!!!

But ffs you Ruin it with your Member name.... Bovril.!!!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think 'tea' and 'coffee' are too broad. Totally depends on the quality of the tea or coffee and how it's made. I love coffee but I still don't think you can beat a big mug of strong tea first thing in the morning. 

enjoying my first cuppa this morning as i read this. Agree with this 100%

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I definitely need a good cup of tea in the morning with my crumpet and Marmite for brekkie. 

I maybe have one more tea or a coffee throughout the day. I don't drink either really often. 

Oh dear no Bear, noooooo!!!! That stuff is rancid. My mum loved it  but i just could never handle it.

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ahhhh civilisation..at last..!!!

But ffs you Ruin it with your Member name.... Bovril.!!!!

I appreciate the old beef extract more for its historical connotations with 'proper football' than its taste. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I definitely need a good cup of tea in the morning with my crumpet and Marmite for brekkie. 

I maybe have one more tea or a coffee throughout the day. I don't drink either really often. 

Fvcking yes!!! I’m from Burton originally so I was basically raised on Marmite. It comes out the tap there. Tea goes so well with Marmite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Ha, I'm not trolling. The ban is a way to appease the historical big clubs disguised as fairness/equality.

I get what you're saying. FFP in the Football League is required to stop clubs spending what they haven't got- the wage bills to income/ turnover is eye-watering at some teams.

But at that level, the idea of the status quo of the established elite remaining there and stopping others does appear to have some merit.

Home made sourdough, thick slice, toasted, then homemade butter, raspberry jam then some strong ass cheddar sliced  on the jam.

Oh and with a coffee that looks like it came from the pits of hell.

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Home made sourdough, thick slice, toasted, then homemade butter, raspberry jam then some strong ass cheddar sliced  on the jam.

Oh and with a coffee that looks like it came from the pits of hell.

I didn't know the 'Graceland Cookbook' was still in circulation. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

enjoying my first cuppa this morning as i read this. Agree with this 100%

I once had a brew made for me by a gentleman who originated from Peshwar. I had attended him as a 999 call, he was able to remain at home. Anyway, he asked if I'd like char. As I had some time to kill before the end of my shift, I said yes.

He got a metal cooking pot out, put about 100ml of milk in it, loose tea leaves and at least 3 spoons of sugar. He then put the pot on the stove and boiled the whole concoction in one go.

It was truly awful but he was nice and kind man so I thought I'd better finish it out of politeness so that I didn't appear ungrateful. No cup of tea has ever been so bad on my palate. He seemed to like it a lot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Fvcking yes!!! I’m from Burton originally so I was basically raised on Marmite. It comes out the tap there. Tea goes so well with Marmite. 

Is it the residue of the malting process in brewing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

I hope Man City get their champions league ban overturned.

Me too. If they do get banned and we finish 5th but still quality, we’ll always be accused of sneaking in to the CL via the back door and not earning the right. Up to us to finish strong and secure 4th so it’s all becomes irrelevant anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Me too. If they do get banned and we finish 5th but still quality, we’ll always be accused of sneaking in to the CL via the back door and not earning the right. Up to us to finish strong and secure 4th so it’s all becomes irrelevant anyway. 

The money we'd make won't be embarrassed.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The money we'd make won't be embarrassed.

Shame if it’s more about the money than qualifying on merit. But I guess that’s modern day football for ya...