Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Surprised that the village of Wanlip (near to the A46) isn't top of the list of the smelliest places to live (haven't seen any 'league tables' for such matters).

The smell can be horrific as you drive past its quarry area.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Surprised that the village of Wanlip (near to the A46) isn't top of the list of the smelliest places to live (haven't seen any 'league tables' for such matters).

The smell can be horrific as you drive past its quarry area.

Wasnt that bad going to school at Longslade/Ceaders as it is called now. You're right though it honks going past on the A46. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I once had a brew made for me by a gentleman who originated from Peshwar. I had attended him as a 999 call, he was able to remain at home. Anyway, he asked if I'd like char. As I had some time to kill before the end of my shift, I said yes.

He got a metal cooking pot out, put about 100ml of milk in it, loose tea leaves and at least 3 spoons of sugar. He then put the pot on the stove and boiled the whole concoction in one go.

It was truly awful but he was nice and kind man so I thought I'd better finish it out of politeness so that I didn't appear ungrateful. No cup of tea has ever been so bad on my palate. He seemed to like it a lot.

I imagine its just an afghani version of indian chai but could be way off base. With the chai i make it has milk, water, tetley tea bags (easier), cinnamon stick, fenugreek seeds, clove, green cardamom pods. It always tastes better with sugar and you can put ginger in it too. Definitely different to your regular tea.

33 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I imagine its just an afghani version of indian chai but could be way off base. With the chai i make it has milk, water, tetley tea bags (easier), cinnamon stick, fenugreek seeds, clove, green cardamom pods. It always tastes better with sugar and you can put ginger in it too. Definitely different to your regular tea.

Authentic. Your ancestors would be proud :D

22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Authentic. Your ancestors would be proud :D

Lol  like i said its easier and to be honest most brown folk do that these days.  It's rare that i go to a cousins house where someone busts out loose tea leaves. In india perhaps but i dont see it much in the western world. At least in my experiences.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol  like i said its easier and to be honest most brown folk do that these days.  It's rare that i go to a cousins house where someone busts out loose tea leaves. In india perhaps but i dont see it much in the western world. At least in my experiences.

You bloody traitor!! 

Even I buy:

999999-57174036007.jpg

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

In the Winter Jammu Kashmir Mountain regions..Kashmir-tea...warms the cockles in winter,and quenches the thirst in summer.

Tasting and living with the various Local chais,around the regions of India/Nepal/Pakistan/Afganistan,from the chai-stops is a treat..

Driving on the Karakorum,Rotang-pass, Gilgit Tibet highways...One is thankfull to rest up on a Rope bed on a Mountain roadside Chai stop,or

a Good lorry-Stop restaurant...

Aquainting oneself & Family with chai,chappati,Naan, at the Top of the world....What could be better....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Me too. If they do get banned and we finish 5th but still quality, we’ll always be accused of sneaking in to the CL via the back door and not earning the right. Up to us to finish strong and secure 4th so it’s all becomes irrelevant anyway. 

Mental point of view Imo. We have no chance of doing it but if we won the champions league next year after finishing 5th nobody would ever remember us finishing 5th. 

I remember Leeds being in the semi final but I couldn’t give two tosses where they finished in the league the year before. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

As much as they’re annoying c untbags you can’t really blame Forest fans for banging on about winning 2 European cups, we’d do the same 

You are half right.

Lets be generous and say you have to be at least 5 years old to comprehend winning the European Cup. Thats means anyone over 45 years old has the right to gloat about it as they experienced it, probably in the same way we will in years to come about our title win.

For anyone under 45, while they can acknowledge it, they dont have the right to brag as they didn't actually experience it as a fan. It would be like a Huddersfield fan gloating winning 3 league titles in a row or Preston fans on being the first ever champions / invincibles.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

I would rather have won the FA cup this year.. than get in to the Champs league.

Unpopular my arse ! ...  normally I would snap your hand off for that one ..  however ...  I’ve taken the sensible approach ...   we’ll give it a miss this year, qualify for Europe ...  and win it next year when I can go and watch it live and not on the box ...  :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Mental point of view Imo. We have no chance of doing it but if we won the champions league next year after finishing 5th nobody would ever remember us finishing 5th. 

I remember Leeds being in the semi final but I couldn’t give two tosses where they finished in the league the year before. 

The fact a team can finish 5th and qualify for the ‘Champions’ League is mental imo. The clue is in the title and only the ‘Champions’ should qualify.

The Europa League is a waste of space so bring back the UEFA Cup for 2nd and 3rd place. 
And while we’re at it, bring back the Cup Winners cup too.