Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

35 minutes ago, Livid said:

Offering £1000 to firms for retaining staff is the equivalent of using a band aid on a knife wound. It might help but ultimately it's not going to make much difference.

It'll help those currently sitting on the borderline, which is essentially what it's aimed at. 

A better approach to the give every person $1000 like the Americans tried. Now that did nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

3 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Cucumbers - Shite

Hate them, it annoys me when people say "How can you hate them they are basically water?" - They may not have a strong taste, but they have a specific taste.

Also if you take them out of a sandwich, the sandwich still tastes of them.

Likewise celery. Everyone in my family seems to love it but it's horrendous. I get the same said to me about taste.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Cucumbers - Shite

Hate them, it annoys me when people say "How can you hate them they are basically water?" - They may not have a strong taste, but they have a specific taste.

Also if you take them out of a sandwich, the sandwich still tastes of them.

Cucumber features in the perfect Greek salad. I rest my case M’lud.

5 hours ago, Rain King said:

Likewise celery. Everyone in my family seems to love it but it's horrendous. I get the same said to me about taste.

Love Celery.One of the best things you can eat health wise.I like to put peanut butter,grated cheese or salad cream down the crease bit.Or I’ll just eat them neat like crisps.I was heart broken when Heinz stopped making celery soup tbh.

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I massively disagree about the coffee, a good cup of coffee - not the instant crap but a cup of real coffee is one of life’s great pleasures, particularly if coupled with a newspaper and 15 minutes of silence.

However, massive agreement about the cross contamination of the spoon. Anyone caught using the same spoon for different drinks should be given a life sentence. It’s criminal and ruins everyone’s drinks.

Not everyone’s, at least not all the time. The first drink stirred will usually be fine, for example. 

1 hour ago, Langley said:

absolutely not, 

cheap, tasteless & in Nottingham. 

All three are synonyms for Nottingham! 

Never been in Annie's so can't comment - heard mixed reviews but not sure if that's because it'll inevitably fall short of the legend it's created, a victim of its own success type thing. Still gets packed out whenever I stroll past mind.

Bohns in Nottingham is pretty decent, I'd say the tidiest burger in the city - there's better in Leicester though.

The Malt Cross do a ****ing good effort too but it's more proper pub meal stuff, but it's such a top gaff regardless, great place to sit and have a pint and some scran.

9 hours ago, Langley said:

absolutely not, 

cheap, tasteless & in Nottingham. 

All three are synonyms for Nottingham! 

Agreed being in Nottingham ain't ideal. But I've been their twice and had 2x great burgers. If you can't dip your burger in beef dripping then something ain't right. 

12 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Disagree pal, was there last Saturday, the burger was top notch

We went and it's cheap patties, cheap buns. 

when it opens again get down to St Martin's coffee shop. in the evening it turns into a burger joint. that's 1000x better than Annies. 

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Gonna have to stick up for coffee here, tea is horrible. Basically what RumbleFox said about coffee is how I feel about tea. It even smells boring.

As for burgers, Crafty is the best one in Leicester and Annie's is the best I've had in Notts.

agree with Crafty disagree with Annies. 

I think 'tea' and 'coffee' are too broad. Totally depends on the quality of the tea or coffee and how it's made. I love coffee but I still don't think you can beat a big mug of strong tea first thing in the morning. 

• Like 2