Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The fact a team can finish 5th and qualify for the ‘Champions’ League is mental imo. The clue is in the title and only the ‘Champions’ should qualify.

The Europa League is a waste of space so bring back the UEFA Cup for 2nd and 3rd place. 
And while we’re at it, bring back the Cup Winners cup too. 

Man After my own heart..!!

I would Love to see CL  with only the champions...And managers & reps..get a fine , when they denounce & criticise the UEFA cup as the losers cup..!!!i

Though for the Top leagues 2-4th position should see Eufa cup placing.

Also reinstate Cup Winners cup,....If National winners Qualify for CL or Euefa from League position..Then losing Finalisten qualify,

OR even better no Team from that Nation qualifies on default...Any Nation that produces in the season the Double title & cup winners,just doesn't have a cup winners cup represenative,that season...Cup winners cup & Eufa cup winners have a ko game for a Place in the following seasons CL...

but all such descisions...are just like Marmite, either you like them or you dont..!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The fact a team can finish 5th and qualify for the ‘Champions’ League is mental imo. The clue is in the title and only the ‘Champions’ should qualify.

The Europa League is a waste of space so bring back the UEFA Cup for 2nd and 3rd place. 
And while we’re at it, bring back the Cup Winners cup too. 

Ohhhh I understand now it was just an old man rant 👀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The Artic Monkeys are average at best. X 

Liked their first couple of albums. Saw them live and it was by far the worst gig I'd been to. Gave them the benefit of the doubt and saw them again a couple of years later. Was worse than the first one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonthefox said:

There’s no greater pleasure in life than farting in a noisy crowded bar. 

Don't know why but this wind conversation reminds me of this video that I saw a few weeks ago..lol

On 10/07/2020 at 17:42, Dahnsouff said:

Home made sourdough, thick slice, toasted, then homemade butter, raspberry jam then some strong ass cheddar sliced  on the jam.

Oh and with a coffee that looks like it came from the pits of hell.

When I was young one of my favourites was cheese spread and jam. Like a mini cheesecake. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They aren't though are they.

They are probably the best guitar band since Blur/Oasis. Alex Turner's songwriting is as good as anybody else's around today and a lot of people relate to it, especially the first two albums. Their most recent album showed they can change themselves just like the good artists do (sticking to the same thing is boring and easy).

I understand people saying they don't like them but they aren't bad/average.

Ok I accept your points and I actually thought when I wrote it I was being slightly obtuse but then isn’t that the entire point of this thread? But I agree, I should rephrase it....... I personally do not enjoy their music, it does not connect with me at all on an emotional level and I cannot quite understand why they are as big as they have been. I imagine it’s partly age. I actually cite them as the moment I “lost touch” with music. I think I was 25 when their debut came out. I remember dancing to “..... the dancefloor” in Fan Club and thinking it was a decent novelty track but then when the album came out I just didn’t “get it”. But then that’s ok, music is about opinions and it probably wasn’t “for me” anyway, I was old haha. I just remember an overwhelming feeling of “meh”. Anyhoo, I’m rambling but you are right, calling them average was churlish. I just don’t like them. Then again I don’t like the Beatles either (although I can see objectively they are amazing songwriters) as again I just don’t connect with them emotionally. I’m happy in my wee bubble of 60s soul music, The Velvet Underground and Dexys. I’m safe here. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

37 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Harry Kane is a pretty damn good centre forward ...

Good finisher, terrible team player.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but Spurs and England play better as teams without him.

• Like 1

The Man City decision was right. FFP is a rubbish rule anyway. It just keeps the clubs who rake the most in near the top and prevents people from buying a club like Leicester or Newcastle and investing heavily to push them up to the top table. There should be safeguards in place, but FFP is the wrong way to go about it and punishes in the wrong place. The Man City owners are fine, as a sport they should be working harder to stop people like those who bought Wigan or Bury from getting involved.

• Like 1