Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

On 08/02/2018 at 19:32, Wymeswold fox said:

I certainly understand the NHS, and the exceedingly high amount of patients overcrowding hospitals for much-needed treatment etc, but if there's too much worry (and not doing much about it, it currently seems), threats from Russia/North Korea/Islamic State ideology increasing in the UK, then the national defence could be shrugged under the carpet to deal with the former issue (particularly with the uncertainty over how Brexit will benefit the UK).

The nhs is a leaky bucket thst needs fixibg before we put more money in... abyobe who has been near it can see the waste.  Ib december my mum was in hospital for 21 days... 7 were just waiting... yet the nhs says it has no beds...

Meanwhike i am not sure we need  navy aircraft carriers any more..  this just seems weord spending that no politition has the balls to stop.

So... it seems all our infrastructure is chaotic coz politions arent up to the job and wont do stuff where tje benefits is longer than the political cycle.

It would be better if i were in charge.   Forever.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The nhs is a leaky bucket thst needs fixibg before we put more money in... abyobe who has been near it can see the waste.  Ib december my mum was in hospital for 21 days... 7 were just waiting... yet the nhs says it has no beds...

Meanwhike i am not sure we need  navy aircraft carriers any more..  this just seems weord spending that no politition has the balls to stop.

So... it seems all our infrastructure is chaotic coz politions arent up to the job and wont do stuff where tje benefits is longer than the political cycle.

It would be better if i were in charge.   Forever.

Is he that Nigerian striker we were linked with?

• Haha 1

The UK army should be dissolved and after using initial savings on retraining tommy the money should be put into more useful and productive areas of need. For the moment I'd maintain an Air Force or join a European Air force and a navy which I'd combine with the RNLI.

I actually don't mind all that personalised handshake celebrations that Spurs are doing at the moment.

If that is not bad enough then I also even admire Kane.   I also think posters on FT who have slagged off Kane are pretty petty to do so especially ones who have also commented on his appearance.  

*Drop mic and log out*

Edited by The Blur

14 hours ago, The Blur said:

I actually don't mind all that personalised handshake celebrations that Spurs are doing at the moment.

If that is not bad enough then I also even admire Kane.   I also think posters on FT who have slagged off Kane are pretty petty to do so especially ones who have also commented on his appearance.  

*Drop mic and log out*

I don't like Kane but his goalscoring record is fantastic and I think a lot of opinions on this forum about him have a strong blue tint to them.

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I don't like Kane but his goalscoring record is fantastic and I think a lot of opinions on this forum about him have a strong blue tint to them.

Why not if you don’t mind me asking? 

You don’t ever see him in the newspapers for the wrong reasons. He’s with his girlfriend who he’s been with for years and they have a young baby together. He comes across very well in interviews. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

You don’t ever see him in the newspapers for the wrong reasons. He’s with his girlfriend who he’s been with for years and they have a young baby together. He comes across very well in interviews. 

exactly, what a boring dick head. man’s a millionaire in his early 20s and he’s not once been involved in a scandal? can’t warm to that i’m afraid 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

You can understand him?!

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

That was probably unclear. I don't like him, but I don't really dislike him either (aside from when he's playing against us, but that goes for pretty much anyone.) 

To me he seems like a pretty good professional who is very talented at putting the ball in the back of the net. People who still moan about how shit he was for us baffle me.

9 hours ago, the fox said:

while i hate spurs, their board and a lot of their fans, for me, Kane, Son and Eriksen are likeable. it's that weasel dele that i hate the most.

Son and Eriksen would be well respected amongst football fans I'd imagine. Nothing unpopular about that.

Interesting graphic that. I reckon that cardiovascular circle is undersized, you could legitimately take all the diabetes and kidney deaths and put them into that yellow circle. Be interesting to know if stroke comes under cardiovascular or nervous system too.

20 hours ago, ozleicester said:

How to determine where spending should be going?No automatic alt text available.

I know that says NHS in bottom Oz but where did you get that from? Just had a quick google and found this from 2015.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-profile-for-england/chapter-2-major-causes-of-death-and-how-they-have-changed

Table 1. Leading causes of death in England in 2015

Dementia and Alzheimer's must be counted as nervous system disorders I assume but it seems odd that it's not higher up...

Edited by ajthefox

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I know that says NHS in bottom Oz but where did you get that from? Just had a quick google and found this from 2015.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-profile-for-england/chapter-2-major-causes-of-death-and-how-they-have-changed

Table 1. Leading causes of death in England in 2015

Dementia and Alzheimer's must be counted as nervous system disorders I assume but it seems odd that it's not higher up...

It was from the "Business Insider" originally a reputable UK monthly (which coincidentally i worked during my uk return in 2010/11)

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-things-most-likely-to-kill-you-in-one-infographic-2015-2?r=US&IR=T

22 hours ago, ozleicester said:

How to determine where spending should be going?No automatic alt text available.

I'm assuming your point is that rather than spending loads on war etc we should spend more on NHS? I think most sane people want this assuming money spent on war is pointless. I think however if we just scrapped all of our defences the deaths from war and terrorism would be drastically bigger.