Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Agreed. She needs to extend her range by playing a few teenage gangsters. Perhaps she could take the lead role in a biopic about Tupac Shakur?

We're apparently looking at signing him from Besiktas

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Or Gina Yashere. 

and him

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

You've obviously never seen Shappi Korsandi?

and him

(yes I know they're female)

my unpopular opinion for the day is that you should actually watch someone play before calling them poor on FT.

20 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I know he took the club down to its worst point in its history, but feel Ian Holloway seems a decent bloke.

He is a decent bloke. But his time in charge of us was abysmal. The football was turgid and the results unacceptable.

Just now, Corky said:

We were 17th when he took over and he had the funds to buy his own players in January. I believe we had more than enough to stay up that season.

He was the 3rd or 4th manager that season.We had a team of right backs and Mandaric was buying nobodies for dubious reasons. The club was a mess. Maybe somebody could have done better but I don't personally blame him.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He was the 3rd or 4th manager that season.We had a team of right backs and Mandaric was buying nobodies for dubious reasons. The club was a mess. Maybe somebody could have done better but I don't personally blame him.

Fair enough, at least the next man did ok :pearson:

• Like 1

On 20/01/2018 at 19:44, Line-X said:

The same one that became Jonathan "Woss"?

Anyway, how do you know it's an alias? I think it's actually the real DT. 

"...Lemme tell you, the one that matters is me. I’m the only one that matters, because when it comes to it, that’s what the policy is going to be.”

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Should be a way to filter replies on twitter and foxestalk so you only see the people who responded from uk 

Had fvcking enough of algerian and nigerian virgins commenting freemahrez on every post leicester put out

#makemahrezfulfillhiscontractualobligations just hasn’t caught on.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The idea that hardness or toughness is a universally admirable quality and that therefore suffering somehow breeds character is reductive and primal and something humanity should be moving away from as fast as possible.

It’s not that I disagree with you necessarily, but you don’t half prioritise some obscure things.

On 22/01/2018 at 21:08, The Blur said:

Inspired by @Samilktray

I think Breaking Bad is bit overrated 

Think it definitely helped that it came out when it did, feel if it started now it would've got lost in the shuffle. While there is some top episodes, don't think it comes close to likes of the sopranos and GOAT tier shows 

13 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

It’s not that I disagree with you necessarily, but you don’t half prioritise some obscure things.

Yeah, quite frankly just got pissed off this morning with a friend of mine being told to "get tougher" and "man up" rather than, you know, actually work out a proper solution to a problem.

Maybe again it's me being postmodernist, but all or most of the non-obscure stuff that happens from day to day both at a one-to-one and a nation-state/high political level can be traced back, at the end, to how humans handle human nature and power. It's the starting point for all the other stuff - good and bad - that goes on.

Could be wrong, though.

On 21/01/2018 at 23:16, Wymeswold fox said:

I know he took the club down to its worst point in its history, but feel Ian Holloway seems a decent bloke.

If you read just the personal life section, it will prove your feelings and more I expect;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Holloway

And in terms of his work at Leicester - he desperately wanted to succeed, I think everyone could see that, but I think even Holloway eventually admitted it - he just wasn’t ready, the job was too big, too soon for him.

When you consider this was his 4th managerial job and 2 of the 3 before that were for clubs he knew inside out as a player as well, it all makes sense.

But something he should be given some credit for - not that it did us any favours - he clearly took stock from his time here and tried to learn from it; much to Blackpool’s then benefit. 

Declaration: I’m probably biased given I from/grew up, not only in Bristol, but Kingswood.

• Like 1