Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

The Claude Puel Era - what will he bring?

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

Excuse the metaphors but I feel like Ranieri was a passionate, lust fuelled relationship which gave you the best experiences you ever felt emotionally and sexually, yet it burnt out due to how good it was at the start. The relationship was unsustainable and simply died. Shakespeare was the rebound relationship, a person who you weren't that attracted to but was there when you needed them after the breakdown of the previous relationship, it was always wrong and doomed to fail. Claude Puel is the one who you're going to settle down and marry, he's not intense, he's different to everyone else previously that you've been with, it increasingly just feels 'right'. You're going to develop as a pair with Claude, he's going to allow you to become to person that you're comfortable with. You trust Claude, you're on his level.

I really believe in Claude Puel.

:revenge:lol 

• Haha 1

On 30/11/2017 at 22:37, Col city fan said:

I still have no idea why Simpson gets slated for not 'pushing on'?

He can't get forward. He has no support from Mahrez.

Anyone watching the Spuds game would have seen Tottenham exploiting our right hand side time and time again, knowing that Mahrez is just not defensively minded.

Simpson must surely know, if he strays too far forward to support an attack, it could leave us ridiculously exposed.

i just wish people would get off Simmo's back. After a shaky start to his Leicester career, he's been nothing other than an absolutely reliable full back who has given us his all when his career was going nowhere. 

saying riyad is a bad defender or he will leave you exposed is just a lazy saying and a flair player's stereotype. but i will get straight to the point because people may brush the point i'm trying to prove thinking i'm only gonna talk about riyad.

we all watch the games, do we look more dangerous with gray and ben on the side going forward compared to when we play fuchs and marc? of course we do! is giving away 30%-35% of the defense to get double the offense worth it? of course!

people may say "oh, if we get an offensive minded RB, we will get exposed", let's put it like this, if you boxer and you had to fight against another boxer with a jaw-rocking right hook, how many times will you use your left or drop your guard? and to add, simmo setting deeper (almost as a CB) forces riyad to sit back 15-20 extra yards to overcompensate! which affects our team's main strength, which is the counter. look back at yesterdays game, the runs that gray and marc were making behind the  left back and the left CB were supposed to be the job of our RB. and because we overcompensate, we now have 1 less player in the box for a cross.

i can go all day about how important an overlapping fullback is, but my post will endup as a wall of text (if it isn't already lol )

when everyone was just drooling over drinky last season, i told you guys time and time again, he is too negative, he slows down the play, he makes us sit deeper, he effects our ball movement, but nah, i was just another fanboy taking the blame away from riyad. but now look, iborra does exactly what i want from my CM, he controls the tempo, doesn't play negative football, he makes space and have this amazing ability to know when to cover for ndidi and when to cover for the CBs, which unlocked ndidi box to box potential

btw, i actually like simmo a lot, he does an amazing job defensively, i would like to see him in a 3ATB formation (a la azpilicueta)

col, believe me, you don't know how much an overlapping fullback can do to a team (i know me saying that you don't know something probably triggered you lol:ph34r: , ok, i'm joking lol ) , as a man who enjoys watching napoli play, their left side was just devastating before ghoulam got injured. it creats so many mismatches and advantages that allow you to hammer teams and play to any tempo you want 

but just like drinky, with time people will see that players that make you overcompensate (how many times did i use that word lol) need to be replaced, the reason marc, gray and mahrez can play in the same team is because we don't need shinji, why is that? because drinky isn't playing. because when drinky set up too deep, someone had to cover that space between vardy and the midfield. now when you have an overlapping RB, instead of riyad needing to sprint 50-60 yards to the goal, he will only has to sprint for 35-45 yards, and we all know what riyad can do there.

Edited by the fox
another "overcompensate" for good measure

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

Excuse the metaphors but I feel like Ranieri was a passionate, lust fuelled relationship which gave you the best experiences you ever felt emotionally and sexually, yet it burnt out due to how good it was at the start. The relationship was unsustainable and simply died. Shakespeare was the rebound relationship, a person who you weren't that attracted to but was there when you needed them after the breakdown of the previous relationship, it was always wrong and doomed to fail. Claude Puel is the one who you're going to settle down and marry, he's not intense, he's different to everyone else previously that you've been with, it increasingly just feels 'right'. You're going to develop as a pair with Claude, he's going to allow you to become to person that you're comfortable with. You trust Claude, you're on his level.

You're reading too many Mills and Boon novels lol

• Haha 1

Our possession stat have gone up significantly under Puel.

55% v Stoke

53% West Ham

52% v Burnley

2 of those were away games.

Only MCFC & Spurs have naturally dominated possession against us, and Everton in the first game. We are evolving and improving game by game. Our players look more happy and comfortable. Mahrez & Gray are given a bit more freedom of movement and they look better for it. Give Puel 2 transfer windows and I think he will refine the team more. 

Im actually enjoying watching us. We are playing actual football which is mind blowing lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really hope the players are enjoying having such an (apparently) intelligent, forward thinking manager.

I think you can see everyone is buying in to what he's trying to do, we'd become stale and the players probably felt it as well. Looks like the owners have made another great call, which they seem to have a habit of. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, the fox said:

saying riyad is a bad defender or he will leave you exposed is just a lazy saying and a flair player's stereotype. but i will get straight to the point because people may brush the point i'm trying to prove thinking i'm only gonna talk about riyad.

we all watch the games, do we look more dangerous with gray and ben on the side going forward compared to when we play fuchs and marc? of course we do! is giving away 30%-35% of the defense to get double the offense worth it? of course!

people may say "oh, if we get an offensive minded RB, we will get exposed", let's put it like this, if you boxer and you had to fight against another boxer with a jaw-rocking right hook, how many times will you use your left or drop your guard? and to add, simmo setting deeper (almost as a CB) forces riyad to sit back 15-20 extra yards to overcompensate! which affects our team's main strength, which is the counter. look back at yesterdays game, the runs that gray and marc were making behind the  left back and the left CB were supposed to be the job of our RB. and because we overcompensate, we now have 1 less player in the box for a cross.

i can go all day about how important an overlapping fullback is, but my post will endup as a wall of text (if it isn't already lol )

when everyone was just drooling over drinky last season, i told you guys time and time again, he is too negative, he slows down the play, he makes us sit deeper, he effects our ball movement, but nah, i was just another fanboy taking the blame away from riyad. but now look, iborra does exactly what i want from my CM, he controls the tempo, doesn't play negative football, he makes space and have this amazing ability to know when to cover for ndidi and when to cover for the CBs, which unlocked ndidi box to box potential

btw, i actually like simmo a lot, he does an amazing job defensively, i would like to see him in a 3ATB formation (a la azpilicueta)

col, believe me, you don't know how much an overlapping fullback can do to a team (i know me saying that you don't know something probably triggered you lol:ph34r: , ok, i'm joking lol ) , as a man who enjoys watching napoli play, their left side was just devastating before ghoulam got injured. it creats so many mismatches and advantages that allow you to hammer teams and play to any tempo you want 

but just like drinky, with time people will see that players that make you overcompensate (how many times did i use that word lol) need to be replaced, the reason marc, gray and mahrez can play in the same team is because we don't need shinji, why is that? because drinky isn't playing. because when drinky set up too deep, someone had to cover that space between vardy and the midfield. now when you have an overlapping RB, instead of riyad needing to sprint 50-60 yards to the goal, he will only has to sprint for 35-45 yards, and we all know what riyad can do there.

That was painful to read. 

Without going too deep, the system needs to suit an overlapping full back. Other players need to be able to have certain attributes to allow it to be effective and in a sense, safe. The managers and players we’ve had for the past few years haven’t suited a system to use attacking fullbacks. 

On Drinky, I think he’s a good enough player to alter his game to suit the mangers plan. He was most likely told to play how he played at Leicester. I can’t remember many people drooling over him last season, we for the most part were a poor show. 

28 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

That was painful to read. 

Without going too deep, the system needs to suit an overlapping full back. Other players need to be able to have certain attributes to allow it to be effective and in a sense, safe. The managers and players we’ve had for the past few years haven’t suited a system to use attacking fullbacks. 

On Drinky, I think he’s a good enough player to alter his game to suit the mangers plan. He was most likely told to play how he played at Leicester. I can’t remember many people drooling over him last season, we for the most part were a poor show. 

my bad if my writing caused you any inconvenience, i struggle to put my thoughts fully in long paragraphs without sounding incoherent at times. english isn't my native language:dunno:

anyways, the right side is already set, ndidi can push upfield and he already showed that he can cover for the RB, as for riyad, he has the passing ability to find players in space

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Some people were calling for the return of Pearson before Puel was appointed....

I am always for Pearson...I wouldnt of said No....but

Pearson is at present history, a respected , gratefull history.  I dont want to see him in the chair again.

It would mean, we havent consolidated and stablized our developement has hoped.Puel implodes..

Love now 5yrs+ of present manager. So I liked Pearson, nowxPuel is at the Helm, one doesnt cancel the

other out...

8 points from 15 and up to 9th is a very good return so far. Called his appointment uninspiring when it was first announced but felt he might just do ok after looking at his overall record.

The positives are that he has the team more attack minded than Shakey and hasnt been afraid to make hard calls. Okazaki, Albrighton, King and Fuchs have all been dropped at some point which cant have been easy dealing with such iconic club figures.  Whats more impressive is that he has got the best out of players in such a short space of time and players that are not his.

Negatives? He didn't have as unforgiving a start as Shakey did. In fact had he been appointed in the summer he might have been shown the door early on after the first 7/8 games.  Tottenham and Burnley are big wins no doubt but he has a couple of easier games than his predecessor. How we get on at the likes of Man Utd, Watford and Liverpool over Christmas will tell a lot. 

In fairness we'll always have doubts about managers even after making good starts. The memories of Taylors team on the cusp of the Champions League in 2001 only for everything to go badly wrong has always been strong.

On 02/12/2017 at 19:16, Lionator said:

Very good analogy my friend have a like.

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Over time my opinion may change, but atm I just feel relieved that we have this particular manager in charge, and not someone like Moyes or Pardew.

Five PL jobs available since the start of the season, we get Puel and the others appoint failed PL British managers to perpetuate the merry go round. :D

Everton - Allardyce

West Brom - Pardew

Crystal Palace - Hodgson

West Ham - Moyes

Edited by Gerard

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Five PL jobs available since the start of the season, we get Puel and the others appoint failed PL British managers to perpetuate the merry go round. :D

Everton - Allardyce

West Brom - Pardew

Crystal Palace - Hodgson

West Ham - Moyes

Allardyce is decent though.

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Over time my opinion may change, but atm I just feel relieved that we have this particular manager in charge, and not someone like Moyes or Pardew.

I'm just glad we as a club have never appointed Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew, Hodgson or Pulis, and hopefully we never will. Palace have had 4 of those above mentioned managers in recent memory. 

• Like 1