Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Stoke (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

In the first half Iborra looked so out of place slowing the game down and waiting for his team-mates to move. But he's perfect for a more possession-based team.

I think if Iborra has the ball, that is better for us. We have our players on the break, and if there is an opening, they will get the ball and go, Iborra and everyone else knows how to find them. But in build-up, Iborra's more deliberate play seems to be putting us in better position to score in those non-break situations. IDK, I have to look at the numbers, but it feels like we are more deliberate, and that we're doing better getting corners in such situations.You aren't buying the "Iborra as calming force, manager on the field" narrative?

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Anyone else feel like Slimani deserves to play over Iheanacho?

On the admittedly small evidence so far, I'm happy to back Puel's decisions. We look a different team playing like this. Albeit a little more open at the back.

Archived