Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Court case against Vichai/KP

Businessmen will be businessmen.

If you get a chance to pay less taxes or avoid them completely, they'll take it.

That's how places like Singapore or the Virgin Islands make most of their money - tourism doesn't even cover it.

Although there's been a bit of a comeback of rich people and investors who fancy being a bit more "social":

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/04/billionaire-warren-buffett-i-dont-need-a-tax-cut.html

https://givingpledge.org/

(Sorry for somewhat taking the topic someplace else)

Since when is tax dodging a moral issue when every single person does their best to avoid paying more taxes? Financial Advisers make a living out of it.

Anything to do with giving the government money has nothing to do with morality.

20 minutes ago, les-tah said:

The owners are very close to the thai royal family...this will  disappear dont worry.

Not a commercial or domestic property with a picture of the Royal Family in Thailand, as with our Royals this will disappear as generations die.

If they owe that much in Tax it suggest they must have made far more

18 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Not a commercial or domestic property with a picture of the Royal Family in Thailand, as with our Royals this will disappear as generations die.

If they owe that much in Tax it suggest they must have made far more

Yes and it already happened when the king died. This notion that they'll be protected is nonsense - if that was the case, the case would never have been accepted. They're in big trouble, make no mistake about that. I have colleagues in Thailand who think they'll go down for this.

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Scheduled for February so not lost but just thinking about the potential impact if it is lost.

Jesus.... the 50m we get for Leo in January window will be used to reduce the tax debt.

18 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes and it already happened when the king died. This notion that they'll be protected is nonsense - if that was the case, the case would never have been accepted. They're in big trouble, make no mistake about that. I have colleagues in Thailand who think they'll go down for this.

The last club with a Thai owner who had to sell for domestic reasons hasn’t  done too badly ..............

in the meantime, if there is anything in what you say then I expect to see vichai and top at every home game .....

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Since when is tax dodging a moral issue when every single person does their best to avoid paying more taxes? Financial Advisers make a living out of it.

Anything to do with giving the government money has nothing to do with morality.

I don't think I have ever actively tried to pay less tax in my life?  And for a number of years I have been self employed.

And I would argue that it could be described as a moral issue, at least partly?  Not saying I disagree with you completely I just do not agree with you completely.

X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I don't think I have ever actively tried to pay less tax in my life?  And for a number of years I have been self employed.

And I would argue that it could be described as a moral issue, at least partly?  Not saying I disagree with you completely I just do not agree with you completely.

X

Well most people have and would avoid paying at least some of their tax if they could, with legal loopholes and such.

Explain how it's a moral issue? We're talking about giving money to the government here with no guarantee it will be used to benefit the people but every guarantee that politicians will get richer.

Not a moral issue at all in my eyes.

13 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Well most people have and would avoid paying at least some of their tax if they could, with legal loopholes and such.

Explain how it's a moral issue? We're talking about giving money to the government here with no guarantee it will be used to benefit the people but every guarantee that politicians will get richer.

Well I am happy to pay taxes and whilst I don't want to pay more than I owe I certainly would never try and dodge any tax.

I think from an "ideology" point of view it could be seen as a moral issue whereas maybe less so in the "real world".  The system we live in relies on people paying into a central pot for the "greater good".  I would argue that if people (especially the very rich) actively try and pay less than they "owe" to the central pot it could be deemed a morally "not great" thing to do.  Whether the government misuse that money is for me a separate issue.  The idea of paying taxes to support the community is something I believe in strongly and I have been and always will be happy to pay my part.

29 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

All govt spending is bad spending? lol

That is pretty extreme, especialy post 2008.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Fairly normal in Thailand and much of the Far East. I think its called respect, and whether agreed with it or not whilst they pay the bills maybe we should appreciate that

Urinating on war memorials is how the UK show respect

Probably the case of 0.001  % of the population, so said with a pinch of salt I hope?

45 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This is the 'number 1' most read story on the BBC news website currently.

Which surprises me somewhat...

The World built us up and now the World wants to see us come tumbling down.

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

This is why Puel was bought in to keep the team in the premiership while all assets are stripped in Jan Ndidi, Mahrez, Maguire et al will be sold and belvoir drive will be sold and we’ll share training facility’s with the tigers in Oadby next year.

Blimey the Grim Reaper is a pussycat compared to you. I am off to slit my wrists now.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This is the 'number 1' most read story on the BBC news website currently.

Which surprises me somewhat...

Palace fans clutching at straws.

4 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Fairly normal in Thailand and much of the Far East. I think its called respect, and whether agreed with it or not whilst they pay the bills maybe we should appreciate that

Urinating on war memorials is how the UK show respect

Fvcking hell. lol

People really need to cut all this "The Thais are big on respect" crap. If they were that respectful the players they pay wouldn't have had to find out about their boss being sacked via the Daily Mail's website the other week. The notion that we're somehow morally inferior in this country is absolutely ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Bit unlikely as the case is against the company and one named employee!

The company which owns Leicester City and funded the club’s rise to become 2016 Premier League champions is to face multimillion-pound corruption charges in Thailand. A judge at Thailand’s central court for corruption and misconduct cases ruled at a hearing on Monday that criminal allegations presented to the court in July should go ahead against King Power, the cash-rich company owned and run by the Leicester chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, and his son Aiyawatt.

King Power is accused of having corruptly short-changed the Thai government of 14bn baht (£327m), its agreed share from the company’s lucrative duty free monopoly at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport.

The lawsuit, filed by Charnchai Issarasenarak, former deputy chairman of a government anti-corruption subcommittee, alleges that King Power and one of its executives colluded with airport employees to pay the government only a three per cent slice of the duty free revenues. The original 2006 grant to King Power of the franchise, at one of the world’s busiest airports, required 15% of the income to be paid to the government, according to the charges.

King Power said in July that if the case was brought to trial it would be vigorously defended. The judge has accepted that the case should proceed against 14 Airport of Thailand officials, three King Power companies and one company official. The chief operating officer of King Power International, who is also the group vice chairman, Sombat Dechapanichkul, is the King Power executive charged personally. Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha are not personally named as defendants.

I am surprised how few people seem to be worried about this or passing it off as the world 'wanting us to fail'.

I think it's naive to think that the Thai Gov't don't have an almost watertight case against KP - governments don't tend to sue Companies very often unless they're pretty confident of winning. £323m is a ridiculous sum and anyone who noticed what happened to VfL Wolfsburg (sale of players, tightening of wage belts, higher ticket prices) in the wake of the VW emissions scandal would probably be within their right to be concerned.

Our owners are not infallible.

Archived