Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Christmas 2017

lol

anyways... 

I officially finish work at 2pm on Friday but I'm working from home and no clients want to see me this close to xmas so I'm already kind of winding down. just working on our departments business plan for next year. 

over xmas I shall be trying to go as few a places as possible, do as little as possible tbh.

parents in law on xmas morning for few presents and small lunch and then my parents on xmas afternoon for few presents and my mum's full xmas dinner. 

no football to rush about for on boxing day so probably sit about in pants, get high, play games, watch films, etc. 

**** all for NYE - it's a scam if you go out in this country. we'd normally go away and party somewhere like amsterdam, prague, berlin, etc. but saving money for trip to Japan at Easter 2018 so will most likely sit in the bath with the wife with some champagne.

it's all gonna be super blessy whatever happens I guess. 

Finish wok offically on Friday but as we have our works do tomorrow night there is a strong chance that we wont be in Friday as its a free bar at the Gin Palace in Tamworth.

Back to work on the 2nd annoying as its my birthday on the 3rd!

At my parents for Crimbo dinner i go to my mums and the mrs goes to her mums! but then both families are coming to ours at night. So not cooking Christmas dinner but i am making a christmas Ham which is getting me nurvey already as i think its a 2 day job!

Out for dinner Christmas Eve which has been a family tradition ever since i can remember which i used to hate as a kid!

NYE at a fancy dress party (not a massive fan but again its a free bar so cant really say no) the theme is books, i want to go as the Argos Catalouge the misses wants to go as Harry and Ron from Harry Potter i think she will probably win the arguement!

Edited by goose2010

Offered to take cooking duties off Mum this year. Have got a whole saddle of venison to do, have yet to decide what else to do, aside from making venison sausages to make deer in blankets lol. Will likely be out on Christmas Eve and will head to the pub at lunchtime on Christmas Day so chance we actually end up at McDonalds.

Have exams on 2nd, 3rd, and 7th January so once I've spent Boxing Day recovering from cooking, will be concentrating on them,

Christmas Eve - At Mother's house.

Christmas Day - At Father's house.

Best thing, at this time of year, with divorced parents is that you receive more gifts..:whistle:

NYE- don't know yet; had sometimes stayed in and go out equally over the past few years, but I don't see the hype about it after each time, - other than it being the first day of the new year.

I pretty much finished last week as businesses don’t require much coaching/training/facilitation this time of year. Start again on Jan 8th so a nice three week break for me.

Kids off school now so lots of stuff planned with them. Staying at home Xmas day just chilling and I’ll be cooking dinner as the wife is useless. Up to family in Leicestershire on Boxing Day.

Thats about as exciting as it gets really :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I pretty much finished last week as businesses don’t require much coaching/training/facilitation this time of year. Start again on Jan 8th so a nice three week break for me.

Kids off school now so lots of stuff planned with them. Staying at home Xmas day just chilling and I’ll be cooking dinner as the wife is useless. Up to family in Leicestershire on Boxing Day.

Thats about as exciting as it gets really :thumbup:

What areas do you coach/facilitate/train buddy?

27 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

What areas do you coach/facilitate/train buddy?

I mainly train senior execs on how to be better leaders mate. I also coach some of them 121 and occasionally they ask me to facilitate their board/strategy meetings. I also train stuff around high performing teams and change management. All good fun :)

• Like 1

I started winding down at the beginning of November & won't be winding up again until about March.  I'm a gardener, so not much happening at this time of year.  Make my money March-October & any work I get this time of year is a bonus.  

Usually spend Christmas day at my parents, but out of obligation we've got the in-laws round for dinner.  I'm dreading spending any amount of time with the alcoholic mother-in-law & the mute father-in-law.  I'll probably eat too much, get pissed & fall asleep.  With any luck, they'll be gone when I wake up.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I started winding down at the beginning of November & won't be winding up again until about March.  I'm a gardener, so not much happening at this time of year.  Make my money March-October & any work I get this time of year is a bonus.  

Usually spend Christmas day at my parents, but out of obligation we've got the in-laws round for dinner.  I'm dreading spending any amount of time with the alcoholic mother-in-law & the mute father-in-law.  I'll probably eat too much, get pissed & fall asleep.  With any luck, they'll be gone when I wake up.

when you say gardener - are you tending to people's gardens or doing landscaping, fencing, etc?

Just now, lifted*fox said:

ah ok dude. 

i need some landscaping done and thought I could maybe put it your way.

no worries :) 

Get the gypo’s round.

They did a great job of my driveway and garden. They have done quite a few around the Glen Parva area.

Lets just see if it starts sinking in 18 months :ph34r:

Pub in the morning with friends, then family meal, got everyone round this year. Turkey and champagne all day before crashing out.

I absolutely love this time of the year, Christmas is perfect and make sure I enjoy it with people as one day I'll regret that they can't be here.

finish work tomorrow night, friday saturday and xmas eve getting done in for 72 hours straight, working xmas day from about 12 til 10, driving home and getting in a mess on boxing day before heading back to work. 

first xmas that there’s been barely any family around and I’m not involved much either really. all about going out with mates around xmas instead of eating too much on Christmas Day this year.