Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Couldn't hear a word.

Now the other week I said he was slowly winning me round and admitted the not understanding/hearing him wasn't a problem when it's going well and I stand by that, but when it goes wrong I wanna hear why, I want explanations.

Not a clue after that interview, infact i'm probably more confused.

No matter how simple they are or cliched as people claim am I wrong to want explanations/answers? :dunno:

If you cant tell what Puel is saying, youre the problem. Youre just ignorant and dont listen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mendi said:

Poor manager and lucky to be in this job.

You kept quiet when we were winining and now just because we lost to one of the best teams in the PL, you came again with your pitchfork. Jog on, you melt. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cc_star said:

Over the past 10 games Puel has bottom 3 form, considering 3 teams below us in the attached pic have played a game less

If Puel can't turn it around... will he get the summer to bring players in before being given the boot in October

Screenshot_20180210-205148.png

Last 10 game for all teams we're 14th, so not bottom three form. Last 6 Games our form is 9th.

4 hours ago, Donut said:

If you cant tell what Puel is saying, youre the problem. Youre just ignorant and dont listen.

Woah. I said I couldn’t hear him.

Now a few weeks ago I claimed I couldn’t understand him and I genuinely couldn’t, now whether I’ve got used to him or he’s got more confident but since I have understood him abit better from little bits I’ve heard.

Last night I claimed I couldn’t hear him, not a word. Perhaps I need a hearing aid, strange cos I heard everyone else fine as far as saying the reporter sounded load. I made comments about a RL interview a few weeks ago asking the question were they turning the volume down when he spoke because I kept turning the volume up to hear him so much so Stringer asked the next question and nearly blew the speakers yet you could hardly hear Puel.

But yeah whatever, you can obviously tell what I can and can't hear and it's as simple as me just being ignorant if that’s what you believe, whatever.

Perhaps I'll refrain from having an opinion in this thread anymore then or on Puel (Good or bad, cos I have made good comments about him, even admitting I was wrong and he was slowly winning me round), just like I did in the last couple of weeks about Slimani, seems i'm not allowed one.

Edited by Matt

Don't know why the love in for puel.

Sure we beat some crap teams a few weeks ago. That's because we have better players. 

Sure we have changed to a passing game but it's hardly effective. 

Can see why he was binned at southampton. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Don't know why the love in for puel.

Sure we beat some crap teams a few weeks ago. That's because we have better players. 

Sure we have changed to a passing game but it's hardly effective. 

Can see why he was binned at southampton. 

My child seems more patient than you, which says it all about your reaction. You are 7/8th in a championship where 6 teams have more than 300/350 millions euros budgets. There are 3 or 4 layers in the Premier League. You are the first or second team in the second wagon. That's where you belong considering your budget and it's a beautiful performance. You could even be 12th and be happy with that. That's where your budget is (let's get real, that's what matters the most in football of today).

If I were a Leicester fan I would wait and see. Puel is a very good coach and I would love to welcome him at PSG (not lying, I prefer him over big names in my club after I saw what he did in France). You don't know the man, clearly. The guy could change the dimension of your club if the supporters and the board give him the time to really work. 

Edited by ZeFrench
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ZeFrench said:

My child seems more patient than you, which says it all about your reaction. You are 7/8th in a championship where 6 teams have more than 300/350 millions euros budgets. There are 3 or 4 layers in the Premier League. You are the first or second team in the second wagon. That's where you belong considering your budget and it's a beautiful performance. You could even be 12th and be happy with that. That's where your budget is (let's get real, that's what matters the most in football of today).

If I were a Leicester fan I would wait and see. Puel is a very good coach and I would welcome like him at PSG (not lying, I prefer him over big names in my club after I saw what he did in France). You don't know the man, clearly. The guy could change the dimension of your club if the supporters and the board give him the time to really work. 

Its not about patience. We beat watford, huddersfield, soton, newcastle who were all total dog shit at the time we played them. We then beat two crap league 1 teams. With the team we have at our disposal i would expect any manager to beat them. Can hardly say anything positive about any other matches.

Yesterday was a complete joke. What sort of manager tries a new formation when we play the best team in the league if not europe in their own back yard.

He is ridiculously slow to change things and places too much confidence in young players.

I would imagine by October he will be gone. 

The ‘too much confidence in young players’ is basically where our squad is currently at. Yesterday you’d have Chilwell, Diabate and N’Didi considered young and two of those were our better performers yesterday. Chilwell he’s in a rock and hard place - because he’s not good enough currently and Fuchs is falling apart. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Its not about patience. We beat watford, huddersfield, soton, newcastle who were all total dog shit at the time we played them. We then beat two crap league 1 teams. With the team we have at our disposal i would expect any manager to beat them. Can hardly say anything positive about any other matches.

Yesterday was a complete joke. What sort of manager tries a new formation when we play the best team in the league if not europe in their own back yard.

He is ridiculously slow to change things and places too much confidence in young players.

I would imagine by October he will be gone. 

We fell apart when we brought Simpson on and went back to 4 in defence. 3-5-2 was working.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We fell apart when we brought Simpson on and went back to 4 in defence. 3-5-2 was working.

...to a degree. 

Even if we'd kept Silva on and played the same formation we would have still lost the game,  albeit by a lower score perhaps. 

With Schmeichel in full suicidal mode yesterday we were always going to concede at least 3 or 4 whatever team or formation was in front of him! 

I for one have lost it with Claude the fraud.

For now let’s hope he can redeem himself.

But the fact remains it was the worst tactical decision I have ever seen, my opinion.

Why take Silva off?

James, Diabate, and especially Donkey Chilwell were having dog poo games.

I doubt anyone at Burnley is talking as much Bollocks as some on here....

I see this as a long term project now. Someone finally willing to bring in and use youth. Someone finally willing to change a style of play that every team in the league has worked out.

Were still 8th, we’ve got three winnable games coming up and in this ten game period everyone is losing their shit over we got draws against Chelsea and United... oh and it was during the busiest period of the season and stats showed we had the shortest time between games of any other team!!

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The ‘too much confidence in young players’ is basically where our squad is currently at. Yesterday you’d have Chilwell, Diabate and N’Didi considered young and two of those were our better performers yesterday. Chilwell he’s in a rock and hard place - because he’s not good enough currently and Fuchs is falling apart. 

New left back

New right back

New centre half

Priority summer signings.

What influence do we think Appleton has? During the 1st half last night, him and Claude were in deep discussion, then half time came, along with the much maligned changes.  Personally I thought we were doing alright with 5 across the back.

Did he seriously believe we could take the game to them second half!! A bit naive if you ask me.

40 minutes ago, uragomper said:

New left back

New right back

New centre half

Priority summer signings.

Why a new centre back? Other than yesterday, Maguire’s been immense and Dragovic quietly superb. Morgan and Huth in reserve. We’ve needed new full backs for a couple of seasons now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cc_star said:

Over the past 10 games Puel has bottom 3 form, considering 3 teams below us in the attached pic have played a game less

If Puel can't turn it around... will he get the summer to bring players in before being given the boot in October

Screenshot_20180210-205148.png

So you hand pick the worst part of his record and use that as a stick to beat him with and totally ignore he took us from 18th to 8th with the same players.

I think we're the most likely team to finish 7th and I would guess we'll only get knocked out the FA Cup by a top six side. The signs are good on his recruitment by bringing in young and cheap talent so far and he's trying to ship out players that have little use to the squad. He's quickly identified the players in the squad who don't earn their corn and done something about it.

I really don't know what people expect of him if his tenure so far should be a sackable offence. He got us playing good football and we arguably look the best of the rest. I'd be livid if the club sacked him, we'd be a laughing stock and rightly so.

FFS Puel has done really well, we are still 8th and in the cup. He's hardly had any time and these aren't even his players. His one signing looks like an absolute bargain. Let's be honest we've dominated games such as Chelsea and Swansea, Puel can't legislate for so many missed opportunities. Give him time, I'm not sure what our fans expect.

• Like 2

Funny really. Who knows what will happen between now and the end of the season,but..... we are currently on course to equal or better our second highest ever premier league position and we have a more than decent chance to progress in the FA Cup, and it’s still mainly all gloom and doom on here. Yes we are a million miles away from Man City, as are everybody else, and I agree nobody likes being on the wrong end of a 5-1, but let’s keep some perspective please?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cc_star said:

Upheaval that sees a massive upturn in fortunes like when Shakey replaced Ranieri and when Puel replaced Shakey... That sort of upheaval?

Ranieri was required as we were 18th, not scoring and heading down. Shakespeare was never the right choice beyond the summer.

If you sack him, fine. Who will replace him? We're part of a lot of average teams who will all take points off each other and most likely get beaten by the top teams.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

What influence do we think Appleton has? During the 1st half last night, him and Claude were in deep discussion, then half time came, along with the much maligned changes.  Personally I thought we were doing alright with 5 across the back.

Did he seriously believe we could take the game to them second half!! A bit naive if you ask me.

The reason he changed formation is because Man City had acres of space on their left and our right, and Albrighton was struggling. Diabate was filling in at times. He clearly thought it needed to be addressed - Puel can't be blamed for some atrocious distribution from Kasper.