Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

Couldn't hear a word.

Now the other week I said he was slowly winning me round and admitted the not understanding/hearing him wasn't a problem when it's going well and I stand by that, but when it goes wrong I wanna hear why, I want explanations.

Not a clue after that interview, infact i'm probably more confused.

No matter how simple they are or cliched as people claim am I wrong to want explanations/answers? :dunno:

Edited by Matt

17 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Only 2 wins in 10 league games since Southampton.

Bit of a worry.

And we look clueless as to how to get one

Defensively a shambles week in & week out

Dire midfield with bizarre decisions every week to play James in the same way we stuck by King for too long to the detriment of results & WTF has Iborra done to deserve being 'sent to Coventry'

Upfront, games go bar with us either being wasteful in front of goal or not registering a shot

Many players appear to have gone backwards; Maguire, Fuchs, Kasper, Gray, Chilwell - Then Iheanacho hasn't progressed at all. Only Ndidi & Vardy look to have a clue

Its too early to say Puel Out!!! But storm clouds are brewing

Edited by cc_star
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Only 2 wins in 10 league games since Southampton.

Bit of a worry.

Bit of perspective needed .

Those ten games included four games against big six teams.

The run in is a lot kinder and he has been derailed somewhat by the ridiculous Mahrez situation.

He's made mistakes ... but the good far outweighs the bad. 

• Like 3

Seriously, some people on here were jizzing themselves thinking we’d catch up with the arse and achieve top 4/5, now it’s lucky to stay up! I wasn’t over keen when Puel was announced but I’d have taken zippy or George over Shakey and our god awful directionless football. It’s not good but it’s the champions and we are about where I’d expect us to be, don’t think there’s much better out there for us! 

People cannot judge Puel in English football yet. Only got one season at Southampton (where the transfer system is strange where the manager has a small say) and currently none of the players are his. The one thing that Puel does which bemuses me is the fact Iborra cannot get ahead of James nor a not fully match fit Silva. 

To be fair he's had to deal with our 2nd best player going AWOL. The only difference between a relegation battle and challenging for Europe is a couple of match winners. We have Vardy and Mardy one of them was missing. Forget today. That was a write off. They may well be better than the invincibles or that man utd side that done the treble. They probably are because Sane and Jesus are out and they are still winning.

If he puts out a weak team in the cup and we lose then I'll start having serious doubts. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Oh God, some bellend Leicester fan on TalkSport now saying we should sack Puel. How embarrassing 

Unfortunately they didn't press the bloke on who he thought should replace him.

We're in poor form but sacking him now would be pointless and cause upheaval for no reason.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Had the balls to try 352, which looked good.

But then he goes and makes ANOTHER poor decision! 

Slowly getting frustrated with him. 

What? We started with 352, conceded, switched to 442, scored, then brought Albrighton off (who was playing RB) for a conventional RB.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Couldn't hear a word.

Now the other week I said he was slowly winning me round and admitted the not understanding/hearing him wasn't a problem when it's going well and I stand by that, but when it goes wrong I wanna hear why, I want explanations.

Not a clue after that interview, infact i'm probably more confused.

No matter how simple they are or cliched as people claim am I wrong to want explanations/answers? :dunno:

We lost because they’re far superior, why do you need to hear it, you know it.

I was pleased when we hired Puel and have even more faith in him now than I did on Day One.

He didn't feel he needed to spend tens of millions in January which a poor manager would want to. He's changed our style of play with the personnel he inherited. He's also shipped out (albeit on loan) players who did not offer the squad a great deal. 

We haven't had great results in the last couple of months but we should be in the QF draw for the FA Cup and we're probably the most likely team to finish 7th. Not bad considering he took over a team in the relegation zone.

I hope he's here for years.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We lost because they’re far superior, why do you need to hear it, you know it.

Ah right, as simple as that, thanks for clearing that up.

Agreed, I even said in the post match thread I expected to lose and wasn't going to comment, go overboard, then we impoloded and it was unacceptable (Yet again) so whilst I agree I still want answers on why was the need to make the changes at half time? What was the plan/thoughts?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Agreed, I even said in the post match thread I expected to lose and wasn't going to comment, go overboard, then we impoloded and it was unacceptable (Yet again) so whilst I agree I still want answers on why was the need to make the changes at half time? What was the plan/thoughts?

When you hear a manager "explain a loss" in a way that makes you feel better about the game, let me know

It was a bad game. We didnt have a lot of belief and gifted most of their goals. Mahrez debacle etc...

Loads of us on here have asked for 3 5 2

Maybe against Man City away wasnt the best time to try it, but i think he had to accommodate the lack of Riyad and at least he tried something new.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He wanted to defend for a draw, which will never work against their quality. 

Also yes it is as simple as that, on average the best win.

Edited by SheppyFox

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

What? We started with 352, conceded, switched to 442, scored, then brought Albrighton off (who was playing RB) for a conventional RB.

Did you watch the game?

He took Silva off for Simpson, not Albrighton.

And we scored whilst still at the 352 formation...

22 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Did you watch the game?

He took Silva off for Simpson, not Albrighton.

And we scored whilst still at the 352 formation...

No, we started 

Dragovic   Maguire   Fuchs

Albrighton  James  Ndidi  Silva  Chilwell

Diabate  Vardy

They scored, Albrighton dropped back into RB, Fuchs to LB, and Chilwell into LW, to look like this:

Albrighton  Dragovic  Maguire  Fuchs

Ndidi   James

Diabate           Silva              Chilwell

Vardy

Then at half time, Silva went off for Simpson, and we went to something like this

Simpson  Dragovic  Maguire  Fuchs

Ndidi   James

Albrighton      Diabate      Chilwell

Vardy

3 behind Vardy interchanging as they do. Changes tactically were sensible (I assume Puel thinks James has more defensive qualities than Silva, and he very well might do), we just lack the personnel. Commentators commented on our formation change after about 15-20 minutes or so (can't remember specifically). Fuchs was absolutely inthe LB position for our goal, and Chilwell definitely in the LW position.

And yes friend, I watched the whole game.

Edited by Beechey

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Unfortunately they didn't press the bloke on who he thought should replace him.

We're in poor form but sacking him now would be pointless and cause upheaval for no reason.

Upheaval that sees a massive upturn in fortunes like when Shakey replaced Ranieri and when Puel replaced Shakey... That sort of upheaval?

On 10/12/2017 at 12:17, Gerard said:

FFS, give the man a break.

Whilst I agree with a few of your points he's come here and completey changed our style with the same players. Our previous style was only going to work to a point and needed changing. He's managed to pick up 14pts from 7 games and has only worked with what he inherited. He has a proven track record and will stamp his style even more on the team inthe next few transfer windows.

He's already acknowledged the imbalance in the squad and I'm sure he's looking to ship out some of our expensive strikers. He's started to play our young talented players in Gray and Chilwell and given Choudhury his debut. I'm confident he'll get rid of older squad players and replace them with the best youngsters at the club which will give the whole club a lift. Who knows what will happen in the future but I see exciting times with what I've seen so far.

I agree with that I like Puel in what he is doing, but credit to him for believing in youth players, exciting times ahead, 

5 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Over the past 10 games Puel has bottom 3 form, considering 3 teams below us in the attached pic have played a game less

If Puel can't turn it around... will he get the summer to bring players in before being given the boot in October

Screenshot_20180210-205148.png

Were we all fooled by the usual new manager bounce?>

I think we find ourselves in a similar situation to the 12/13 season. We were very inconsistent and only managed 2 wins in the last 13 games.

Despite our shocking run of form, we still had something to play for right to the very end when Knocky banged in that goal against Forest to secure a play off spot.

It’s the same this year imo, we could crawl our way to the end of the season and still finish 7th. Mainly because that’s our level, but also because our competition are just as inconsistent. 

We’re in a transitional period, our owners and fans need to be patient and allow Puel to build on his philosophy.

Edited by foxes21