Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

Only thing annoying me is the delaying of substitutions. We can all see that something needs to be done yet he and Appleton seem surprised and discussing on the touchline - what can be so surprising that they haven’t already chatted about it ???

before we got the fourth last night we needed Albrighton’s energy out there - I know we then got the fourth but that was down to Soares’ shocking crossfield pass to riyad. Three feet higher and Bertrand is likely in again behind Simpson. they had picked up momentum and we needed to make a sub to break that up and shake the guys out of their temp malaise. Surely it must have been discussed about what would need to be changed if they got one back and began to look dangerous ??

loving everything else 

On 12/10/2017 at 19:27, KingsX said:

The Puel-to-Leicester thread on the Saints forum kicked back to life yesterday.  Some have changed their tune ...

- The players got their way.   Shifted the blame, made the him the scapegoat.  Puel didn't have a Mahrez or Vardy at saints.   V pleased for him. He's having an absolute laugh with leceister.  Let this be a lesson. We must stick with MP and let him build something.

we weren't great to watch under Puel (much better away from home than we currently are though). I only really wanted rid of Puel for someone better and there's no evidence that MP is any better or even at least as good. With hind sight we should have stuck with him.

I wanted Puel out because the football was negative and we hadn't seen a home goal at St Mary's for yonks. Now I think it was the players and not Puel who should have taken the blame (all those missed penalties for a start). With VVD injured for half the season and no replacement for Mane and Wanyama Puel got us to 8th place and a cup final...deserved a medal really

Lol, they're now above the forum favourite Marco Silva.

But not surprisingly, the thicker heads are doubling down ...

Can't believe anyone who saw all our home games last season would now be wishing we didn't sack Puel. Granted we had a few better away games but at home we were not only very poor but also excruciatingly dull, and most importantly we were getting worse not better He has made a decent start at Leicester, nothing more nothing less, but he has far better and pacier attackers to play his defensive safety first tactics knowing there is a good chance the likes of Vardy and Mahrez will nick a goal on the break.

I liked this one best ...

saintsboard.thumb.JPG.94a8701dcac8fae2a836dd8c542b3cdd.JPG

He has no idea how little was paid for that quartet!  lol

I think i'm right in saying their quartet cost more than ours? Possible Forster alone cost more than ours lol

Aside from that I see Le Tissier is spouting his uneducated shite on Twitter again re. the Ranieri situation

12 minutes ago, foxer said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42347378

Interesting write up from the beeb 

Enjoyed that. :thumbup:

The willingness to promote youth is very encouraging. We're more likely to be able to attract young talent to the club if they can see a path into the first team. If I was an £8m rated 18 year old I'd likely pick Leicester over Chelsea if they both wanted me.

Edited by Gerard

19 hours ago, foxer said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42347378

Interesting write up from the beeb 

This is quite remarkable. He gave debuts to 17 academy products in 4 seasons.

He was renowned for giving youth its head in France, as Auclair says: "At Nice, where he had very limited resources, he gave starts to no less than 23 players in four seasons, including 17 academy products.

"Nice - average age 24 - was Ligue 1's youngest team for three consecutive years. At one point, there were more of his players in the French youth sides than from any other club. And he made them play. They were a joy to watch."

1 hour ago, Koke said:

This is quite remarkable. He gave debuts to 17 academy products in 4 seasons.

He was renowned for giving youth its head in France, as Auclair says: "At Nice, where he had very limited resources, he gave starts to no less than 23 players in four seasons, including 17 academy products.

"Nice - average age 24 - was Ligue 1's youngest team for three consecutive years. At one point, there were more of his players in the French youth sides than from any other club. And he made them play. They were a joy to watch."

Amazing isn't it. And makes you realise how much a managers confidence in a young player can give them the beleif in themselves and the opportunity to go on and establish themselves as quality players. Surely Nice didn't suddenly have the more quality young players than the other french teams - they'd simply been handed the chance to go out and prove themselves on a bigger stage.

How many young English players over the past 20 years have missed their chance due to playing older/foreign faithfuls every week, lost their confidence and then dropped down the leagues? I dread to think. Missed opportunities aplenty I'm sure. 

I bet lots of our younger players are buzzing atm.

6 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

One thing I've said in all home games about him...

Subs or lack of them is a joke. Might as well not bother to make any by the time we finally make them. Poor.

Get a change on the hour mark and stop ****ing about until 75+ mins

Subs at 60 (or bringing Okazaki on) would have made no difference today, too many key players having an off day and Palace were brilliant

Just now, splinterdream said:

Subs at 60 (or bringing Okazaki on) would have made no difference today, too many key players having an off day and Palace were brilliant

So when we're having an off day we might as well make no subs then? Because it's pointless? That's what you're saying? 

Really surprised at Puel today.

I've been well impressed at his ability to tactically work us through games, but today he (and the players were inept).

I don't exaggerate. We could see that we weren't in that game after about ten mins, yet Puel did nothing to change it up and to get us into a position to challenge. 

That actually was awful today. We were beat in terms of effort and Hodgson, though I hate to say it, set Palace up superbly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Changes should have been made today. 10 minutes into the second half when the players that started the game had made no impact he should've switched it up. 

I didn't get carried away these last few weeks about Puel as I could see a result like this coming. Although we've been winning at the back we've looked shaky. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Changes should have been made today. 10 minutes into the second half when the players that started the game had made no impact he should've switched it up. 

I didn't get carried away these last few weeks about Puel as I could see a result like this coming. Although we've been winning at the back we've looked shaky. 

It all looked very Shakey, today.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, lee7 said:

20/20 hindsight. 

• Haha 1