Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

Finest people in the world, the French. It's a little known fact that English is essentially French, spoken with a really terrible accent! :ph34r:

Liberte

Fraternite

Egalite

Croque Monsieur

Citroen DS

Cheeky baguette

Les Routiers (restaurants for truck drivers!)

Je ne regrette rien

Mamzelle Guillotine

Art nouveau

Legal at 85mph on the Autoroutes

Parisien chic

proper summers

Loadsa wine, very few heart attacks

200mph trains

Amazing brocantes

Pain au chocolat

More fancy ironwork than you could imagine

Riyad Mahrez and NG

Shops that open when they want

Napoleon

The Louvre

Service stations with food you actually might want to eat

Never kissing the US ring (apart from Macron!)

Claude's birthplace

I rest my case. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Albert said:

Tactically he’s turned us into a completely unrecognisable team that we’d become last season after winning the title. 

We’d been found out & were so predictable! Teams knew how we’d line up & how to play against us & we couldn’t adapt or change our style.

Hats off to Puel for coming in and changing that but more importantly getting the players (who seemed to only know how to play one way) to buy into it! He’s getting the best out of them all, identified the weaknesses & we seem to be improving every game!

After a shakey start to the season Wilf is going from strength to strength and is blossoming under the guidance of Iborra in CM. £17m is an absolute steal!! 

The rotation in the starting lineup of the 3 attacking players in behind Vardy & then the positioning & interchanging during the games is the most impressive change though. It seems to totally bamboozle the opposition as they have no idea how we’re gonna come at them!

We’re starting to play some very attractive football & Long may it continue!

Also, remember the owners' 5-year plan to get us in the top 4. Obviously, the title win sort of ruined everything lol but it's not looking so far-fetched now.

Edited by Stan

I know that this is a thread about Puel - and we can all agree that he’s doing a mighty fine job - but I think it’s also fine to see how he seems to be building a strong working relationship with Appleton.  

Got no evidence in saying this at all but for Puel to get his messages about how he wants to play over to some of the players so compellingly in such a short space of time - what’s to say that the assistant hasn’t played a significant role as well? 

Edited by Dorchester Fox
Spelling mistake

Goes to show how these players have been woefully misrepresented. Capable of more than sit back and hoof. Ranieri said in public that the players couldnt handle any other way of playing. Instead of managers taking the fall for the players, it looks to have been the other way around (in the eyes of the media and the public i mean).

Puel is switching it up almost every game and the players have seemed comfortable.  

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

We look like a tactically intelligent team. Cast your minds back to that 1-1 WBA game where we looked clueless. Bournemouth 0-0 away which was a total abomination. Vardy is scoring less but we are not heavily relying on him for goals now. 10 goals in 7 games from the 3 behind Vardy. 

Just hoping we can get past Man City in the cup because other than them I fancy our chances against anyone else.

• Like 2

Doing a fantastic job so far, nothing but praise for him. But I think I'll temper that with the fact it's very early days.

The more Ranieri implemented his defensive style on the team, the worse we got IMO. It started out with a great marriage of what went before and his own ideas, but we failed to keep in that middle ground and became overly defensive. Fingers crossed the more Puel gets his ideas across, we actually get better and not slowly worse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Southampton have fewer goals per game this season than last. #justsayin 

4 goals away from home, at any level, is superb.

We haven’t won away by this margin in the top flight since 1998 #justsayin.

Edited by Fox92

Claude's been superb so far. No denying. I just hope that the day our form drops (and let's face it, it will at some point), that he's given time to turn it around again.

For now, it's just brilliant to appreciate his tactical awareness, it feels like every player know what job he has to do. Superb.

Cracking start to his reign, a couple of dodgy games early on but if anything that shows that isn't new manager bounce, but his ideas starting to come through. It is still early days, he started well at Southampton and it badly dropped off. Hopefully it won't here, but lets not hail him as the new messiah just yet, there was a reason why he was sacked at Southampton and that was the second half of the season they were rubbish.

The danger is he could be another Pardew, someone who tends to start well, but once things start going wrong he can't fix it, and CP doesn't strike me as someone that will rally the dressing room round him in times of adversity, hopefully Appleton will play that role.

Back to the positives, I'm loving the football, loving the use of young talent, loving the use of the squad, something I've been crying out for for years, although he could still use his subs better.

Not loving the fact £70m worth of talent is being frozen out, not blaming Puel here, but seeing as it was a fresh start for these players and a chance to impress, and they haven't. Fair play he has the guts to forget their price tags and reputations and pick a team on merit, it is just sad that Nacho, Slimani, Musa, Benalouane and even Dragovic are looking like dead weight in the squad.

Edited by Captain...

28 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Cracking start to his reign, a couple of dodgy games early on but if anything that shows that isn't new manager bounce, but his ideas starting to come through. It is still early days, he started well at Southampton and it badly dropped off. Hopefully it won't here, but lets not hail him as the new messiah just yet, there was a reason why he was sacked at Southampton and that was the second half of the season they were rubbish.

The danger is he could be another Pardew, someone who tends to start well, but once things start going wrong he can't fix it, and CP doesn't strike me as someone that will rally the dressing room round him in times of adversity, hopefully Appleton will play that role.

Back to the positives, I'm loving the football, loving the use of young talent, loving the use of the squad, something I've been crying out for for years, although he could still use his subs better.

Not loving the fact £70m worth of talent is being frozen out, not blaming Puel here, but seeing as it was a fresh start for these players and a chance to impress, and they haven't. Fair play he has the guts to forget their price tags and reputations and pick a team on merit, it is just sad that Nacho, Slimani, Musa, Benalouane and even Dragovic are looking like dead weight in the squad.

Musa and Benalouane have been dead weight pretty much since the day they signed for the club, awful players and awful buys.

Dragovic has done okay from the little we've seen of him but he's on loan and we can make a decision to buy him at the end of the season. At the moment he can't force his way into the side but he's a solid third choice centre half taking into account Huth has been injured all season.

Slimani and Iheanacho have been given a clean slate and both failed to impress the previous managers and the new one. Whatever Puel decides should be their destiny gets 100% backing from me, he'll call it as he sees it.

Basically the players pick the team, not the manager. If a player can't make the team then that's his own fault.

Edited by Gerard

10 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Finest people in the world, the French. It's a little known fact that English is essentially French, spoken with a really terrible accent! :ph34r:

Liberte

Fraternite

Egalite

Croque Monsieur

Citroen DS

Cheeky baguette

Les Routiers (restaurants for truck drivers!)

Je ne regrette rien

Mamzelle Guillotine

Art nouveau

Legal at 85mph on the Autoroutes

Parisien chic

proper summers

Loadsa wine, very few heart attacks

200mph trains

Amazing brocantes

Pain au chocolat

More fancy ironwork than you could imagine

Riyad Mahrez and NG

Shops that open when they want

Napoleon

The Louvre

Service stations with food you actually might want to eat

Never kissing the US ring (apart from Macron!)

Claude's birthplace

I rest my case. :thumbup:

The Louvre.

Yes what would we all do without the public shithouse.