Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

1 minute ago, somebum said:

Lol. As i said fantastic performance today. Already said that mate. One player cost us three points. What are you failing to understand about my position

given the fact we didn't lose no player cost us 3 points today and if you want to point the finger look at the likes of Mahrez, Vardy and Shinji whose job it is to score goals rather than the left back, afterall the game finished 0-0

Edited by Jimmy

I can not get my head around the people that think it wasn’t a sending off. Both were obvious yellows and the second was arguably a straight red due to the lunge and where his foot lands.

He played well but to make that sort of challenge when on a yellow is idiotic.

• Like 3

There really has been some ridiculous criticism of Chilwell. I've followed his career from his academy days (as he played in the same academy side as my friends son) and he was head and shoulders above anyone else at that level. Anyone with even a modicum of football intelligence can see he is a Roll's Royce of a player. The way he glides across the pitch reminds me very much of Gareth Bale and his ability to maintain his pace while running with the ball. 

Still got got things to learn? Definitely but I believe he will be left back for England one day. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I can not get my head around the people that think it wasn’t a sending off. Both were obvious yellows and the second was arguably a straight red due to the lunge and where his foot lands.

Finally a voice of reason! 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Probably deserved two yellows but if he did then so did Kante who committed three similar fouls but was only booked once.

2 hours ago, The Prince said:

There really has been some ridiculous criticism of Chilwell. I've followed his career from his academy days (as he played in the same academy side as my friends son) and he was head and shoulders above anyone else at that level. Anyone with even a modicum of football intelligence can see he is a Roll's Royce of a player. The way he glides across the pitch reminds me very much of Gareth Bale and his ability to maintain his pace while running with the ball. 

Still got got things to learn? Definitely but I believe he will be left back for England one day. 

You lost me at the Bale comparison. Lets be realistic. Hes decent but nowhere near the level of Bale.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Unfortunate for me too. Gets a touch on the ball, doesn't even know where there Chelsea player is so obviously no intent. Think the Chelsea player maybe even hit him first. 

If he didn’t know Moses was there why did he lunge and leave the ground? He knew full well he was there.

I’m not saying he intended to foul him, but  it was Moses coming towards him that forced him to make the bad decision to lunge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

You lost me at the Bale comparison. Lets be realistic. Hes decent but nowhere near the level of Bale.

I’m not suggesting he is as good as Bale or ever will be but he has all the attributes to be a very successful premier league footballer, hopefully for us. 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

If he didn’t know Moses was there why did he lunge and leave the ground? He knew full well he was there.

I’m not saying he intended to foul him, but  it was Moses coming towards him that forced him to make the bad decision to lunge.

Exactly.

Why would you risk a lunge on a yellow card? You have nothing to gain and youre running a huge risk.

Not a harsh red at all.

On the whole he’s been pretty good and yes he’s made a few mistakes but he’s young and still learning .  The only way to improve is to learn from your mistakes and more game time even some of the best players in the world still make them . I would also add after a couple of not so good games I thought he had a really good one today  until his unlucky  sending off which to me shows character. Let hope he learns from today and moves forward .

And  forgive me if I’m wrong I seem to recall Moses tearing him to shreds last time they met but thought he kept him pretty quite today 

• Like 1