Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

Reckon we should hold onto Slimani.

Now that Ulloa and Musa are elsewhere we need to hold onto what we have.

We got a glimpse against Sunderland what Slim is capable of and we've got a favorable run of fixtures coand ming up over the next few months. He has been very good to score against teams outside the top half and could be very useful for us here.

40 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Deeney or Giroud?

Bit of a difference in quality and why would Arsenal want Slim?

I'm not talking about a straight swap with Arsenal.

More a case of Slimani going someplace else and Giroud potentially coming here. You never know...

As for Giroud's quality, you cannot deny his impact in the opposing box.

We should now keep Slimani.

We now have 3 number 9s left in the squad; Vardy, Slim and Ian. 

We have potentially 18 games left in all competitions. If one gets injured, to be left with less than three, would be poor planning imo. (I appreciate that Diabaté, Okazaki and even Iborra could do a job as number 9, but why leave yourselves exposed?!)

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

We should now keep Slimani.

We now have 3 number 9s left in the squad; Vardy, Slim and Ian. 

We have potentially 18 games left in all competitions. If one gets injured, to be left with less than three, would be poor planning imo. (I appreciate that Diabaté, Okazaki and even Iborra could do a job as number 9, but why leave yourselves exposed?!)

Where does diabete come into this? Because it's clear Puel wants him in the first team from his interview last week. That gives us 4 strikers even if slim leaves. Only problem none of them give us the option of putting a cross in for a header. 

27 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Where does diabete come into this? Because it's clear Puel wants him in the first team from his interview last week. That gives us 4 strikers even if slim leaves. Only problem none of them give us the option of putting a cross in for a header. 

I don't think Diabaté is a no9, personally 

Chances of us losing both Vardy and Iheanacho to injury is very slim and we only need one of them available to not really suffer much.

Slimani just doesn't fit here, if we can get £20m sell. He's a depreciating asset that's not giving much value to the squad. I think he'd be a fantastic acquisition to the right team and I suspect someone will buy him before the window is out. Maybe Newcastle or West Ham?

12:41

FOXES OPEN TO SLIMANI MOVE

Leicester will let Islam Slimani on loan to a foreign club and Monaco are interested, according to Sky sources.

Newcastle made a move for the striker last night after missing out on Daniel Sturridge but Leicester don't want him to go on loan to another Premier League club.

We should keep him as he can give us a different option.

Sky sports are saying we don't want him to go to another premier league club, which I don't get.

If we are gonna loan him out, send him to Newcastle which will give us a better judgement on what he is capable of.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't understand the logic of not letting him go to another PL club. We aren't getting relegated and if he scores some goals against clubs around us in the fight for top 6 then we'd have played a blinder.

It's always that worst case panic isn't it. Club will be thinking.... ooooh what if he goes to Watford, bags 15 and they finish 7th and we finish 8th.

Far-fetched lol but if it did happen we'd be raging. 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't understand the logic of not letting him go to another PL club. We aren't getting relegated and if he scores some goals against clubs around us in the fight for top 6 then we'd have played a blinder.

Also if he does well and the club want to sell in the Summer, we're more likely to get a decent fee than if he goes to a farmer league like Ligue 1 and scores a few.