Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

19 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

one thing that really annoyed me was the booing post game, yes it was a shocking display but that really isn’t productive is it? 

I think the booing was directed at the ref, not the players. That was the impression that I got from the Kop, anyway.

I presume people saying that Ndidi dived (almost everybody, it seems) were watching on TV - or were you at the match?

It happened right in front of me and didn't look like a dive, though not a penalty either. Seemed to me that there was fair bodily contact. He might have gone down a bit easily, but I was surprised when he got carded.

Will be interested to see the replay tonight. Unlike most people around me, the disallowed goal looked the right decision, though - definite push.

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It's been discussed on here how shite the half and half scarf is...but spotted this on the way in. Its got Roy's head on it ffs...

c6600cb9-eb1f-4b77-82a0-6b91531abe8a.thumb.jpg.c7634820a25b0bcb92f68a3fd34743ed.jpg

Even more bizarrely, I spotted Vardy-Kane and Vardy-Agüero half-and-half scarves on sale today. :blink:

There must be a demand for them, I presume.... 

I've been for an hour long walk along the beach since the final whistle and I must've sad "so disappointing" 300 times in that time and it wasn't anything to do with the weather as we have a pleasant sunny and windless saturday.

Have to say the travelling Palace fans were ****ing loud as usual. They remind me of Pompey, very faithful following and well supported club can even forgive them for that shite "we love you and that is why we follow" chant given that the Holmesdale were the ones first that nicked it for their own.  

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Even more bizarrely, I spotted Vardy-Kane and Vardy-Agüero half-and-half scarves on sale today. :blink:

There must be a demand for them, I presume.... 

Perhaps we should have half-and-half scarves made for this board. "In Claude we trust - Top 6 : Boring Puel out. Relegation certs" ;)

That was not fine margins well beaten.

Puel should be taking all the responsibility -after 10 minutes we are getting nowhere at all.Iborra may as well have been out shopping just hovering a few yards ahead of the back four did nothing at all in the game.Gray similar and Mahrez too deep .Needed to change personel or system and 77 minutes! the mans a fool  if he thinks that is the way to go.

Appleton needs to get his finger out as well no good sitting agreeing with him all game.

Garbage at its best bit of credit to CP and Jeff stuck real tight to Mahrez.How not to mange a football match lesson one .One save from their keeper I think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I've been for an hour long walk along the beach since the final whistle and I must've sad "so disappointing" 300 times in that time and it wasn't anything to do with the weather as we have a pleasant sunny and windless saturday.

Windless.

Winless.

Clueless.

A really good kick up the ass.

Bring on the champions elect.

We will absolutely sh1t em.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Ha ha...I was doing exactly the same walking back to the car.

14 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I think the booing was directed at the ref, not the players. That was the impression that I got from the Kop, anyway.

Did you spot what the incident was in the West Stand? Paramedics hurried over, hopefully nothing too serious.

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I presume people saying that Ndidi dived (almost everybody, it seems) were watching on TV - or were you at the match?

It happened right in front of me and didn't look like a dive, though not a penalty either. Seemed to me that there was fair bodily contact. He might have gone down a bit easily, but I was surprised when he got carded.

Will be interested to see the replay tonight. Unlike most people around me, the disallowed goal looked the right decision, though - definite push.

Sorry Alf ....    to quote Dickens :   "As clear a dive as was ever seen in that old Leicester town .."

Todays attitude from the team reminded me of the matches of early matches of 2016/17 season. "We are Leicester, we are champions,  we are good - as long as we turn up we´ll get the 3 points". Very strange after 4 good results and good play. I think this was a combination of underestimation of Palace and City "swagger" and "we are gooooood" in combination with fatigue from S´hampton. We had no swagger and were not good - Blame the players of course - but I think Puel should have "set them up" properly. Sometimes the "play" doesn´t work - then you have to fight - this was unfortunately also non-existent. Oh well there os always next Tuesday and Saturday to redeem themselves......:nigel:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I was at the match, from where I was sat it looked like he fell, but having seen the reply I can see why the ref thought he dived... although I’m pretty sure Zaha three times threw himself to the ground. 

Yea Iborra pushed him clearly. Nothing seemed to go for them today, like someone has suggested maybe the long distance travelling and the transport hiccup at Southampton didn’t help. They looked a bit lethargic to me and generally not with it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Did you spot what the incident was in the West Stand? Paramedics hurried over, hopefully nothing too serious.

It was in SK4 in the corner. I think a lady fainted. People panicking initially that it was worse but I think they had her on her feet and walking out soon enough. 

The Leicester City we know and loathe reappeared with a vengeance today. Three days after arguably our best performance of the season we turn in our worst. 

Sloppy, no intensity, no movement, tactically out thought, individually and collectively outplayed. 

A day to forget. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

It was in SK4 in the corner. I think a lady fainted. People panicking initially that it was worse but I think they had her on her feet and walking out soon enough. 

No wonder she fainted - I almost did watching this s....  -  after the Lord Mayors show comes the shit wagon - and so very true....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

A little bit before he went down Ndidi did get kicked 

Yeah, and if he'd gone down there, penalty is a far shout - stepped on his ankle. He carried on then fell down when he lost it - stupid from him.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Yes Ndidi's fall was late and dramatic, but he definitely got kicked in the ankle by McCarthy before he fell. If contact is made surely it can't be a yellow.

He took a couple of steps then went down - the kick didn't take him down. It's a dive. 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1