Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

51 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Classic thinking we just have to turn up today so Puel has to take some blame for state of mind - so many players below par - Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Wilf - Chilwell is nowhere near ready yet and Iborra had a howler - Shinji should have started and Gray is a winger whatever he thinks so should start there - more worrying than the first half was the refusal to acknowledge how shit we were at half time and make changes - leaving Chilwell on the pitch was a terrible mistake as he was nowhere and floundering.....Fuchs wouodnahve done a better job today and bringing on Leo and laving Nacho on the bench is wierd - but basically Roy got it right......

Totally disagree...should ofs , could ofs...easy after the event,

Nobody would of done a better a job.

Not one line got it right today, some Individuals had good moments,

but it lacked bite and the intensivity...No player was really bad, but many were hanging in

and having avg games. City didnt give up, but were done by a better team on the day

As a group we went missing, that had nothing to do with Puel.

The players were well ushered by the opposition.

Give Palace credit, they played us out of the game.Ndidi couldn't get a decent block or interception in.  Such games we will Lose out on, 2 man midfield was swamped in truth.

Its one of those games, one just closes the book on. Its the next 4 PL games reaction,

will see how, our season developes...It wont rely on just today, exactly like some using the Soton game, has the proof we are automatically heading for  top 4-6.

Subs here, or there...Fans just looking for excuses...

Guest seanfox778

I know N’Didi was rightly booked but what are the rules if It was definite penalty and the ref didn’t see it, dare I say like Albrighton’s on Benteke (I think). Surely in some games that would have a bigger (just as big an) impact. Would there be retrospective bans?

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Claudes got his work cut out and maybe he's thinking of what's got to come in the few weeks

This year, Leicester City will play four matches - between 23 December and 1 January - in the space of just 213 hours.

So perhaps it's a bit of forward planning going on in the rotation.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the most pleasant thing to watch today and we didn't deserve anything from it.

However, 14 points off safety and 26 points on the board........... I'm happy with that    :thumbup:

Ps: Imagine being a Stoke,Watford or even Spurs fan today   lol

Which is why it was so important to beat Palace.

That 14 points off safety and 26 points on the board looks good, i'm also happy with that as it stands, that could well easy all be cut so quickly though, in a blink of an eye.

Games are to be played, we might win some, we might win them all, I struggle to see that and I edge towards pessimism in saying I doubt we will we'll probably not win any and the above figures will be closed down.

3 points against Crystal ****ing Palace was a must, I don't normally talk teams down like that, I normally say 'no disrespect to...' but it was a Roy ****ing Hodgson team that outplayed and embarrassed us. Roy ****ing Hodgson.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Which is why it was so important to beat Palace.

That 14 points off safety and 26 points on the board looks good, i'm also happy with that as it stands, that could well easy all be cut so quickly though, in a blink of an eye.

Games are to be played, we might win some, we might win them all, I struggle to see that and I edge towards pessimism in saying I doubt we will we'll probably not win any and the above figures will be closed down.

3 points against Crystal ****ing Palace was a must, I don't normally talk teams down like that, I normally say 'no disrespect to...' but it was a Roy ****ing Hodgson team that outplayed and embarrassed us. Roy ****ing Hodgson.

Beating Palace would've been huge with Tottenham losing and Burnley drawing, it was the perfect opportunity to close in on the top-6, and we shat the bed in as messy a fashion as possible. Consistency is what we need, but today the lads were reading their own press clippings, and we straight-up got outworked. 

No excuse for getting humiliated at KP by an average Premier League side. Losing is one thing, but we got dominated.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vanity said:

Beating Palace would've been huge with Tottenham losing and Burnley drawing, it was the perfect opportunity to close in on the top-6, and we shat the bed in as messy a fashion as possible. Consistency is what we need, but today the lads were reading their own press clippings, and we straight-up got outworked. 

No excuse for getting humiliated at KP by an average Premier League side. Losing is one thing, but we got dominated.

We didn't get dominated, we were just shit. The owl got their defensive shape absolutely spot on and we had no idea on how to get through them. They just scored on the break.

no one apart from Man City has a Devine right to beat people. If you do not turn up in this league you will be beaten. There’s no science to what happened yesterday, they turned up for a game and we didn’t, we can argue until were blue in the face as to why it happened but it won’t change the result, forget it ever happened and move on.

After all the "top four" talk, this is a bit of a reality check....it aint going to happen this season, as much as we would love it to. Some of our recent games we could have been buried under an avalanche of goals, but we've ridden our luck and finished with points,differeni day, different sh1t. Shakeys wonderful start to being a manager has just flashed through my mind, I need to have a lie down. 

Moving on, next games are going to need a lot more skill, effortand desire from us....we can do it....we must do it, we were clearly saving ourselves for Tuesdays cup quarter final.

We got a bit carried away after the Soton performance but the truth is that they are probably a much poorer team than they get credit for and played exceptionally badly on the day while we played exceptionally well.

CP are a much better team than they get credit for and played very well on the day, while we played exceptionally badly. We just have to move on.

The only thing that concerns me somewhat is Puel’s use of subs. In Ranieri’s first season he seemed to be almost omniscient in his use of subs (unfortunately that changed in the following season), but I just don’t get that from Claude.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

It'll be very interesting to see how Puel responds to that defeat. Losing to Man City almost doesn't count but getting outclassed and outsmarted by what IS a poor Palace side is a really poor result.

What intrigues me is that Palace have provided similar clubs with a clear template of how to beat us. Two very deep banks of four but with two forwards pushed right up. Let our back 4 and Iborra & N'didi have as much of the ball as they want. Have both CBs sitting very deep and keep Vardy in front of you and have both CMs tracking Mahrez. Keep your full-backs stuck to Albrighton and Gray like glue and push them right out to the touchline and then it all becomes a bit disparate and we are the type of side to get frustrated quite quickly.

I've been really impressed with Puel so far and I'm certainly not going to start ripping the guy to shreds after one below-par performance but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit concerned that he didn't seem to know what to do to change the course of yesterday's game when at no point did we gain a foothold.

I think other teams will look at what Palace did and will try to replicate it. I really hope that the next time it happens Puel has the solution. He seems like a bright guy so I'm hopeful he will have.

Hopefully yesterday's result was mostly down to fatigue than anything.

• Like 1

Disapointed but on the plus side Maguire another better option in midfield than king. I don't want to single king out but you really expect more from a midfielder in the premiership. I know we were down to 10 men but he didn't do anything. Any other side in the premiership in that situation would of brought a midfielder on and they would of made some sort of impact. That's why imo we need a midfielder rb and cb in january. I like simpson but he doesnt offer anything going foward and we need to find a replacement for morgan either in january or in the summer. 

Unfortunately was late for the  tifo but..

At least The Birch lifted the mood with the entertainment at half time.

..the rest of the afternoon was a complete mess

Very worried that Claude could not recognise things need to change at half time.

Maybe a late night on Wednesday  and this early start was another poor excuse for the players not turning up.

...roll on to two games against the so called elite  and hoping the players rise to the occasion 

6 hours ago, Wookie said:

Zaha was brilliant, couldn't deal with him at all.

I think we made him look better than he was. Chilwell was awful and got shown

up having come up against a proper winger. A better,

more experienced full back would have eaten Zaha up.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Disapointed but on the plus side Maguire another better option in midfield than king. I don't want to single king out but you really expect more from a midfielder in the premiership. I know we were down to 10 men but he didn't do anything. Any other side in the premiership in that situation would of brought a midfielder on and they would of made some sort of impact. That's why imo we need a midfielder rb and cb in january. I like simpson but he doesnt offer anything going foward and we need to find a replacement for morgan either in january or in the summer. 

King was good against Southampton though so it’s a tough one.

maguire could certainly do a job I’m midfield I agree, although maybe not alongside Iborra as I’d picture them doing a similar job.

but even a back five that changes to a back 4 with the play with maguire coming out of defence and into midfield could work.

No complaints about any of the decisions. I cannot understand why Okasaki doesn't start every game, why is he always the one to be sacrificed? Clearly his attitude (unlike certain others) is spot on and he is not prone to sulking. Meanwhile the hapless Maguire and limited Simpson appear undroppable. Even when we're winning our defence had looked vulnerable - I assume Huth is still weeks away and Dragovic only over here to improve his English.

• Like 2