Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

Just walking home from the game, have to say today we were the worst I have seen in a long time. We were awful against West Brom but today we were much worse.

we made a very average team look good.

collectively awful. No stand out performances but the full backs really were awful. Chilwell and Simpson don’t deserve to wear the shirt on those performances.

why Okazaki didn’t start I have no idea.

We tried, so pathetic it wasnt...Simple bad day at the office. Alot of endeavour, but no real bite.

Palace played well...Zaha,, Benteke..Townsend top notch.

Foxes..Mahrez..Vardy...Gray....Palace defence stopped us in our tracks.Gray had a good split  70 minutes.

Mahrez Vardy couldnt get into the game. We had enough ball, but had no answer to their defensive set up.

No need to go into melt down.  The 0-3, was a bit too much, but again a 2 midfield cant hack it.It is for consistency

too much expected. No player deserves to be singled out...Their 1st goal was the CBs, Simpson was left cold, and

alone...

Again alot of endeavour, but nothing clicked..

We were left wanting...No panic...

Lets see now what the xmas and New year period bring us....

Pisspoor performance, it looked like the midfield and wings had no connection with Vardy first half. We'd dither around and they were potent and confident in what they did, took their chances and didnt look back. Properly beat, we didnt offer anything.

That said Mr.Arrogance showed up again. Pen decision was correct, I dont think it was conniving of Wilf, he saw the leg and nervously reacted to go down. Problem I have is the consistency of the cards, its another one where the ref holds tight in the first half and then starts throwing them out like confetti; Wilf's first card was very harsh.

Overall its a bad feeling from this, typically FoxesTalk will be a mix of doom and gloom, sh*t slinging ect. just a couple days after people were saying we're on for the top four because we beat a similarly poor Southampton. I just hope we dont become like Southampton/Stoke going forwards, an inconsistent mess that gets patches through a season that get them 40-50 points but turn in stuff like that fairly regularly too. We've not been a team that takes spankings and I dont want us to be, horrible feeling.

• Like 1

Dropping Okasaki was the strangest decision for me. The guy is in form, Palace are in form, so we needed to have people in their faces. Like the Liverpool game last season, fast start, get your punch in first. 

But no, we adopt a laid back approach and get taken to the cleaners. Decision making and final ball was also poor today. 

Strangely, I don't feel too upset, these games come along every now and again; hopefully Puel will have learnt a lot and I hope and expect big positive change in performance against the two Manx teams. 

We were poor on the day... they were very good.  They have been on a good run and you could see this happening.

Don't think the ref really had a bad one and I think Ndidi had to go.  The thing that annoys most fans I think is inconsistency.  How many times do you see simulation, or going down very easily and the nothing is given (Penalty or card).  Then on Iborra's.  If the defender does that little push the commentator says he's been clever and defended well.  There is no way if the defender does what iborra did that the ref gives a penalty.  There in lies the frustration.  It is either a foul when anyone does it... or it isn't at all.

No complaints on the result though.  They were better than us.

Also, I think we need to start incorporating a better Plan B.  From very early on we didn't look a threat on the attack.  Maybe in a game like that we need to look at getting wide sooner and getting Slim or Ulloa on sooner get stuff in to their head, give us some different options.

• Like 1

If you’re going to rest players surely you rest those that haven’t been rested and keep those in that have come in and done well. Okazaki, king and Fuchs should have stayed in and ndidi chilwell and another should have been rested. Wouldn’t have been against vardy getting a rest either.

as for the game they wanted it more and got it right tactically. That is worrying but hey ho. Still 8th, let’s not dwell.

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

There are such fine margins in this league and we were just off the pace today although not nearly as much as the score line or vast majority of posters would suggest. 

Disappointing but no need to panic 

The squad's flight back from Southampton got cancelled (most likely weather related) so they ended up having to take a long coach ride back at silly o' clock. Would have affected recovery and preparation in a game of fine margins. How much of today's performance can be attributed to that... we can only speculate.

• Like 1

Can be no excuse, we didn’t turn up, which isn’t acceptable at this level, but on to the next, as we haven’t had many bad weeks like this lately.

First concern on puel today, he didn’t react or make changes, should have at half time for me, and after nididi was sent off, fresh legs should have been brought on.

Pissed off the way we lost, we made palace look good, and I cannot stand them, hopefully a one off, and the players react right, and come out and prove a point next time out

Not sure what Gray is adding to this team by starting at the moment... he basically does nothing until the time of the game he usually gets subbed on at - pointless. Okazaki should have started today, not even based on his performance in midweek, just because he offers so much more against this type of opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I didn't see the second half, what was the performance like?

What I saw in the first half was horrendous.

Same shit. Only difference: there were only 10 shit players on the pitch.

Edited by ZeGuy

Just now, KansasFox said:

Then on Iborra's.  If the defender does that little push the commentator says he's been clever and defended well.  There is no way if the defender does what iborra did that the ref gives a penalty.

Was one exactly the same, near the end on Okazaki just outside the area. Ref didn't even give it a second look. Not disputing Iborra's is a foul but refs let as many go as they give which is the frustrating thing.

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If one word sums up today it's complacency.

Players, management and some on this board predicting beforehand how we would walk it. We got purses spanked deservedly.

Agree. Palace scored twice in the dying minutes v Watford, tails were up, we didnt look prepared for the game or the opponent.

23 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

We were poor on the day... they were very good.  They have been on a good run and you could see this happening.

Don't think the ref really had a bad one and I think Ndidi had to go.  The thing that annoys most fans I think is inconsistency.  How many times do you see simulation, or going down very easily and the nothing is given (Penalty or card).  Then on Iborra's.  If the defender does that little push the commentator says he's been clever and defended well.  There is no way if the defender does what iborra did that the ref gives a penalty.  There in lies the frustration.  It is either a foul when anyone does it... or it isn't at all.

No complaints on the result though.  They were better than us.

Also, I think we need to start incorporating a better Plan B.  From very early on we didn't look a threat on the attack.  Maybe in a game like that we need to look at getting wide sooner and getting Slim or Ulloa on sooner get stuff in to their head, give us some different options.

Hard to bring Slim on when he isn't even making the bench. 

Agree completely though and it is what I said about the consistency. So many contradictory decisions and likewise with the Iborra call - how many times do we see little shoves like that? Fair enough when it's enough to take a player down or completely prevent him from reaching the ball but this was so soft