Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Losing two nil or three nil, what's the difference? CP were better and we never looked like we were going to score. I wish I didn't watch this shitty game. It spoiled my weekend.

We will have no wilf for another game that’s the difference 

Absolute bollocks that was.

Apart from some nice little interchanges down the left between Chilwell, Albrighton and Gray there was nothing going forward first half. Palace got their goal, perfect ball from Townsend, then their tactics after that were simple and effective, sit back, win the ball then counter and they punished us again.

Second half was more of the same, no idea why Iborra's goal was disallowed. Seen the Ndidi incident, definite dive, McArthur did catch his heel but Wilf carried on the run then flung himself to the ground. After that Zaha was flinging himself to ground at every opportunity, that Simpson yellow card was absolute ridiculous refereeing.

Just one of those days you get now and then, not at it today especially going forward.

Edited by kingfox

After good form recently today shouldn't be too disappointing but...

Palace and benteke cost me last man standing last week.

Then they beat Watford in injury time.

Now benteke turns up a world beater, palace walk all over us and can't stop winning.

Merry Christmas to you too Woy.

Think we've just got to say Palace played really well and deserved to win. I don't think we were especially awful, they were just very sharp and well up for it and we weren't. Benteke looked a totally different player, really strong and commanding. Zaha did all his tricks in the right places and put a shift in winning the ball back. Defensively they were very organised and compact. Woy knew what he was doing and Palace executed his plan to perfection.

I noticed that they were happy to let us have the ball out wide for most of the game, probably confident that bar a worldie of a cross straight onto Vardy's head their CBs were going to clear everything up. We should have recognised early on that we were not going to pass through their tight defensive unit and stuck a big lad on (yes, like Ulloa) to receive some of the crosses we were putting in. Palace are a big physical side and at times they only broke with 3 or 4 players, with everyone else sitting very deep to stop our counter attack or long ball over the top to Vardy. It doesn't look pretty to play with a target man and try to get the knockdowns but we should have tried it in my opinion. 

Edited by MarshallForEngland
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Just because we paid £50m doesn’t make them worth £50m...

I totally agree but then questions should be asked as to why they were signed, or more specifically why they were signed at that price? 

Neither of them are getting a sniff at the moment and it was the same under Shakey as well. Is there something we aren't seeing which is happening on the training ground? Attitude problems etc? I think both have the potential to get into double figures for the season - if they don't fit in with the team then why were the signed? 

It's games like today which perhaps show our frustrating lack of depth. We could have really done with resting a couple of the lads who have played a lot but it appears that we don't have anyone to come in and do a job despite splashing the cash. 

17 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He's shit. An absolute piece of shit. A dinosaurs with a prehistoric vision of football and one of the merry-go-round english managers that plague the PL. CP are on a rebound. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact we got outplayed and embarrassed by that is why it’s so hard to take, sickening.

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Is it just me or does anyone else just zone out when Puel speaks?

Nope.

???

I’ve refused to listen today, it’d finish me off.

26 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

As bad as that  was and as hard as that was to take we need to take a minute and reflect.

- we aren't getting relegated.

- we aren't sacking Puel

- we aren't getting into the top 6

- we are 8th and can not move down the table this weekend.

- our season is not over because of one game. 

- Puel is building a new style and we will have a few hiccups along the way.

We can realistically aim for the top 7 but some people need to stop bigging us up when we win and over reacting when we lose. We are doing ok and heading in the right direction,regardless of today's result and performance and I have more faith in Puel getting a reaction out of the players than I ever had in Claudio or Shakey.

On the whole I think that is a very sensible post. My only question would be the final part of your last sentence. Puel has not had to get a reaction from a setback yet, today we were a long way second best on and off the field, and whilst your faith might be rightly placed, we've nothing to base it on to date. Let's hope he can and will. 

Today, both Chilwell and Albrighton were pretty shocking. Chilly kept losing the ball, misplacing passes and simply didn't have a clue, Albrighton is frustrating as some days he's amazing and some he's the worst player on the pitch, rarely anything in between. There were some others who had bad games but these 2 for me were diabolical. Ah well, hopefully just a blip, Ndidi probably needs a rest anyways.