Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

5 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I think we were far worse today then away at Newcastle, no comparison for me. 

Disagree, we played exactly the same way in the first half, the only difference was the opposition.

Just like against Newcastle In The first half, we had one shit on target and loads of possession we did fook all with.

If we didn't best Newcastle or lost, this thread would be the same as that one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

As bad as that  was and as hard as that was to take we need to take a minute and reflect.

- we aren't getting relegated.

- we aren't sacking Puel

- we aren't getting into the top 6

- we are 8th and can not move down the table this weekend.

- our season is not over because of one game. 

- Puel is building a new style and we will have a few hiccups along the way.

We can realistically aim for the top 7 but some people need to stop bigging us up when we win and over reacting when we lose. We are doing ok and heading in the right direction,regardless of today's result and performance and I have more faith in Puel getting a reaction out of the players than I ever had in Claudio or Shakey.

Couldn't have said it any better

Maybe someone can explain why Puel is playing Simpson as a wing back racing ahead of Mahrez when he cannot pass, he definitely cannot cross and he absolutely cannot score goals. What the fuk is the point of taking an out and out cannot do anything else but defend defender 70 yards up the park?

Palace are a talented team.  Far better than their league position suggests. 

Some players perform against certain teams.  Benteke seems to fancy it every time he plays against us, no matter what team he's playing for.

Very bad day at the office for us.  Nobody performed well and when that happens, we have a problem!

• Like 1

We started poorly, and if you do against anyone you face an uphill battle.... there’s not much to read into it other than we simply didn’t turn up as a unit. Made some really poor decisions all over the pitch.....

The manner of the defeat will anger people but we were really doomed from the first goal, as you could see it really wasn’t our day.

one thing that really annoyed me was the booing post game, yes it was a shocking display but that really isn’t productive is it? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, brucey said:

The squad's flight back from Southampton got cancelled (most likely weather related) so they ended up having to take a long coach ride back at silly o' clock. Would have affected recovery and preparation in a game of fine margins. How much of today's performance can be attributed to that... we can only speculate.

Considering we have the least amount of rest time that was probably a factor.

25 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

On the whole I think that is a very sensible post. My only question would be the final part of your last sentence. Puel has not had to get a reaction from a setback yet, today we were a long way second best on and off the field, and whilst your faith might be rightly placed, we've nothing to base it on to date. Let's hope he can and will. 

True but my point was that Claudio and Shakey never seemed to be too tough on the players. Obviously we never know what goes on behind closed doors but Puel is meant to be a hard task master. He wont take today lightly and he'll hopefully give them all a kick up the arse today. I always felt that Claudio and Shakey were too soft on the players when things weren't going right and this ultimately led to their downfall. Like I said, though we never fully know what goes on behind closed doors 

Saw comments from Claude that they'd 'learn from this'.  I'm not sure what you 'learn' from such a crap effort.  We learn that they're not good enough to just show up and collect 3 points in matches they 'should' win.  But I'm pretty sure we already knew that.

They were due for a clunker, especially because it was too easy vs Southampton.  But to me this backline breaks down far too often and we know their weakness on set pieces. It's after the fact I know but I'd have gone Fuchs over Chilwell. This one stuck out as being a potential letdown game and the only way you can maybe counter that is go with experience - plus Fuchs probably sees himself losing his spot and likely would have been motivated. Not that it would have changed the result - this was a collective bad effort and when that happens this team is capable of losing to anyone in the league.  

Tactically out thought by Roy.

sometimes you have to say hey ho, that’s how it goes.

But fvck me that was painful game to endure.

I thought vardy would have a great game, I was wrong.

He along with several others were abysmal today. The movement off the ball was shocking. They stayed tight to Mahrez Ndidi and ibbora giving us little forward outlets.

It was just the pointless possession based passing that infuriated me, not early on but in the 70th minute at two down I want to see more movement, more urgency and most importantly I want to see players that have the desire and confidence to want the frigging ball.

Hey ho.

Fair play to palace, they looked good.

But they did catch us on a god awful day.

Roy fvcking Hodgson 

59D523E0-10B5-4669-BF91-2521BC97512B.gif

Just got in...warming up by the fire with a Jura single malt that I was supposed to  be saving for Boxing Day. 

Have to say, we were that bad, we allowed Jeffrey to look like Marcelo today. To be fair, Roy had a plan and saw it through. I did think Gray was excellent in the first half though. Puel aside, I wouldn't have wanted to return to that dressing room with Kasper post match - looked furious with his teammates throughout. 

Have they had the Christmas do? If so, was it last night?

It's been discussed on here how shite the half and half scarf is...but spotted this on the way in. Its got Roy's head on it ffs...

c6600cb9-eb1f-4b77-82a0-6b91531abe8a.thumb.jpg.c7634820a25b0bcb92f68a3fd34743ed.jpg

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Maybe someone can explain why Puel is playing Simpson as a wing back racing ahead of Mahrez when he cannot pass, he definitely cannot cross and he absolutely cannot score goals. What the fuk is the point of taking an out and out cannot do anything else but defend defender 70 yards up the park?

I think he is trying to get someone up there to draw people away from Mahrez so that he can perform ....   one of those looks good on paper ideas maybe but a dangerous game to play ...

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

True but my point was that Claudio and Shakey never seemed to be too tough on the players. Obviously we never know what goes on behind closed doors but Puel is meant to be a hard task master. He wont take today lightly and he'll hopefully give them all a kick up the arse today. I always felt that Claudio and Shakey were too soft on the players when things weren't going right and this ultimately led to their downfall. Like I said, though we never fully know what goes on behind closed doors 

If Claude tries the hairdryer treatment, judging by his interviews, it's going to be more like Carmen Heated Rollers. Perhaps better to get Appleton to do it. 

Palace was well-ready, we weren't. The lads looked a step slow, much too much of the long ball in that first half, we go to impatient when we couldn't easily get past midfield and started gifting them possession. Disgusting. Glad I didn't wake up at 4:30 a.m. to watch.