Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

No... we don't move on until puel sits in a darkroom for a few hours and reflects on the teams performance and his own decision making before and during the game.  This is a lesson and we can get something positive out of it if we learn from it.

His interview with sstringer was just batting back question.  I would like it better if he said:  "this isn't what I expected today - we were our witted and out played and we failed to respond.  I need to work with the guys and the staff  here to make sure we learn from this.  Our fans deserve better.  " - That is what I want a self confident manager of our club to say

I can't really disagree with what you say except Management is like that. There was a bit of it isn't broke don't fix it approach to today's game. They wanted it a bit more than us and had a little more energy, But more importantly a plan that worked. I'm sure Puel will have learned something, but there's nothing he or anyone can do about it now. So we have to move on. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I didn't listen to his interview, I can't, he bores me (Literally, no word of a lie, sends me to sleep), I don't understand him and I can't have an opinion on what he says or 'relationship' with him.

As has been mentioned in other threads, if we're winning and playing well (As we have been) who cares? I can base opinion on that and i'll be delighted.

Today, or things that happen like today is where it gets even more frustrating, i'm pissed off the game as it is (More than pissed off - As someone has mentioned this is up there with the Tottenham debacle of last season) but now I don't get to hear what a manager says, I don't get to hear him explain himself.

Ultimately it'll be the same old same old but it's still nice to hear it from the horse mouth, understand and create debate on what they've said.

He’s French, speaking a language in which he is not fluent. It is perfectly possible to understand him if you just try and listen carefully. It really is not that difficult.

• Like 3

Painful game to watch. A bad day in the office with mistake after mistake. I thought we were decent on the ball but defensively atrocious. We all took it for granted that we would win easily, including the players and deservedly got thumped. Our best performance of the season was followed by our worst!

Puel has had a great start so today will be interesting to see in terms of what comes next. You can blame subs or starting lineups but it was game over when Ndidi was sent off and I thought we were making an effort in trying to get back into it. It was just an all round terrible day at the office. Credit also to Palace who executed their game plan perfectly. 

Back to the training ground to work on the basics. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet!?

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If Claude tries the hairdryer treatment, judging by his interviews, it's going to be more like Carmen Heated Rollers. Perhaps better to get Appleton to do it. 

Haha true Appleton is a beast. Doesn't necessarily have to be the hairdryer treatment could just be extra training or be a real bastard and make them train on Christmas day haha. I'm sure Claude won't accept today lightly though so whatever he does, let's hope for a better performance against City. 

• Like 1

Out played by Palace at home;

that is one of the worst performances I’ve seen at home for many a year.

You can’t lose at home like that with 30,000 fans paying to watch it.

Abysmal management of today’s game; Southampton fans said his team were better away, but performances like that at home will get one sacked as was the case there.

There are  no positives I can offer.

• Like 2

It was a deserved win for Palace.

Hodgson nullified us by playing narrow and with the lines compact. This nullified our use of inverted wingers and our 3 offensive players behind vardy were always compressed into areas where they were surrounded by palace players and we didnt make good use of wide areas to drag players out.

Id say 2 long away trips and a quick turnaround from weds didnt help but its a gentle reminder we are still getting to grips with Puel AND that NO ONE is an easy 3 points.

Id probably look to balance an inverted winger with a natural winger in games such as these in the future to offer different questions or play with an out and out 2 up front but weds was a tremendous performance and i wont over react to what was just a bad day all round.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Just got in...warming up by the fire with a Jura single malt that I was supposed to  be saving for Boxing Day. 

Have to say, we were that bad, we allowed Jeffrey to look like Marcelo today. To be fair, Roy had a plan and saw it through. I did think Gray was excellent in the first half though. Puel aside, I wouldn't have wanted to return to that dressing room with Kasper post match - looked furious with his teammates throughout. 

Have they had the Christmas do? If so, was it last night?

It's been discussed on here how shite the half and half scarf is...but spotted this on the way in. Its got Roy's head on it ffs...

c6600cb9-eb1f-4b77-82a0-6b91531abe8a.thumb.jpg.c7634820a25b0bcb92f68a3fd34743ed.jpg

Saw it on the way out and had a bit of a laugh

Edited by Beechey

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Calm down everyone - we're always shit this weekend of the season. 

Todays the day for the garbage teams who will be in and around the relegation places to enjoy a bit of success before reverting to type 

We lost though :unsure:

We got the performance we deserve as fans. Well the 20,000 who left before the final whistle did. 

3 or 4 years from now when we are back at the bottom half of the championship and you lot have not decided to renew your season tickets we may perversely be a better club. 

Dont get me wrong I don't want to get beaten as badly as we did today but looking ariund the stands with 5 mins  to go and L block - you hard core fans- has gone and everyone is streaming out bemoaning that we are not 2 points away from the top four.

This club's fans need a wake up call and don't give me that 'it's modern football' crap. We have the best players this club will ever see. Stay to the end and show that you support them through the good times AND BAD. 

There is nothing wrong with a raised expectation I would love it if we challenged the big boys this season or won a cup...

The problem is not on the pitch. It's in the stands.

• Thanks 1

People criticising his interview.... the bloke doesn’t speak fluent English for **** sake... we had a shit day, but it’s nothing to lose our shit about.... it’s  a big ask to cover the amount of miles the lads have this week and perform to the same level...

There are obvious flaws in the side but Puel is still learning about the squad, so far he’s been brilliant and today was really the first stinker we’ve had.... chill the **** out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Agreed. Maguire isnt good enough. Sooner Huths back the better

Maguire wasn't as fault. Wilf should have wiped Benteke out for the second goal and the first goal shuld have been avoided by trapping Benteke offside.  Simpson probbly should have tracked Benteke (knowing he was onside) but i still don't think the goal would have been avoided.

2 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

We got the performance we deserve as fans. Well the 20,000 who left before the final whistle did. 

3 or 4 years from now when we are back at the bottom half of the championship and you lot have not decided to renew your season tickets we may perversely be a better club. 

Dont get me wrong I don't want to get beaten as badly as we did today but looking ariund the stands with 5 mins  to go and L block - you hard core fans- has gone and everyone is streaming out bemoaning that we are not 2 points away from the top four.

This club's fans need a wake up call and don't give me that 'it's modern football' crap. We have the best players this club will ever see. Stay to the end and show that you support them through the good times AND BAD. 

There is nothing wrong with a raised expectation I would love it if we challenged the big boys this season or won a cup...

The problem is not on the pitch. It's in the stands.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, alot of this post is a load of rubbish.

Fans put their hand in their pockets and funded a TIFO to support them, try and gee them up, try and create an atmosphere - Didn't really work admittedly unfortunately, again this goes back to the where does it start - fans pushing the players on/players giving the fans something to shout about - either way it didn't happen, fans were shit, players were shit.

The fans didn't plan to leave early, just as much as the players didn't think 'Ah feck em' the fans are shit today, not creating any atmosphere and are gonna leave early, we ain't gonna play well today' - They were shit from that start - As we were we (I speak generally) the fans.

There are reason's either side of this argument none of them premeditated.

As for your comments of "We have the best players this club will ever see", it's a matter of opinion I guess, we still have one or two of the best players this club will ever see, but I think that ship has sailed personally, a few of the have been and gone. (Just to clarify that point is said in jest)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Maguire wasn't as fault. Wilf should have wiped Benteke out for the second goal and the first goal shuld have been avoided by trapping Benteke offside.  Simpson probbly should have tracked Benteke (knowing he was onside) but i still don't think the goal would have been avoided.

Maguire should've buried that header from the corner early on. That would've put a whole different complexion on game.

But can't argue with the result- Palace wanted it more and deserved their win. What wr need to see now is a reaction.

Arrogance of a 4 win streak.

Arrogance is never pretty nor is it an effective way of dealing with any opposition in any walk of life.

Get grounded, get back to doing the things we've being doing well sin CP took over do best. We can't just keep pumping balls over the top of a defence as tall as Palace has. Vardy won't get anything out of them. And we need to sort out the defence... AGAIN!!! Chilwell showed his immaturity and he will learn. Morgan too slow and failed to organise the back 3/4/5 effectively. For me, he isn't an effective captain any more.

IMO we've won the last 4 by playing through teams at pace and with passing skill.

Today we were outplayed and out-thought.