Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

Don't think we were terrible but came against a well drilled side with all of their

players fully briefed on their role. Think the game swung on that Benteke header

that was nearly an own goal .. if that went in would have been a different story.

There are a lot worse sides than Palace in this division and emphasizes the point

that there are no easy games in the Premier League.  

It was clear after five minutes that our attitude was off.  There was precious little activity from the touchline to get them at it until we had gone behind. This is what annoys me. We could all see it from the stands but the inetrtia on and more importantly, off the pitch, was inexcusable.  You can't image guardiola watching the first five minutes and sitting doing nothing from the sidelines.  E.g. - Last night he subbed aguerro after 55 mins when leading!  

thus far this is my only issue with puel - slow reactive rather than pro active once the game is under way. however, he isn't the first manager we have had who can be accused of this! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

St Albans is right on it.Spot on

Nothing was happening and managers get paid to manage not sit and watch.

Talk about it all day but we had one proper shot on goal all game Riyad after he had wriggled into a shooting position-nothing else.

Bullied at the back which is down to the players and a few unlucky decisions.Iborra just didn't look interested and should have been pulled.

I would suggest we will end up about 14th well average and start again next year.Hope I'm wrong but I don't see Puel being decisive. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It was clear after five minutes that our attitude was off.  There was precious little activity from the touchline to get them at it until we had gone behind. This is what annoys me. We could all see it from the stands but the inetrtia on and more importantly, off the pitch, was inexcusable.  You can't image guardiola watching the first five minutes and sitting doing nothing from the sidelines.  E.g. - Last night he subbed aguerro after 55 mins when leading!  

thus far this is my only issue with puel - slow reactive rather than pro active once the game is under way. however, he isn't the first manager we have had who can be accused of this! 

So let me get this straight. If Puel was waving his arms about on the touchline like a man possessed we wouldn't have been beaten? 

Okay lol

My only criticism is that Okazaki should have started for Gray. But even then I make that criticism with the acknowledgement that it's with the benefit of hindsight. 

They played two holding midfielders as stoppers, briefed solely to restrict our time on the ball where we have been hurting teams in recent games. Okazaki would have been much better suited to disrupting that set up than Gray, who -to be honest- I'm losing patience with. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Which is whyer it was so important to b reat Palace.

That 14 points off safety and 26 points on the board looks good, i'm also happy with that as it stands, that could well easy all be cut so quickly though, in a blink of an eye.

Games are to be played, we might win some, we might win them all, I struggle to see that and I edge towards pessimism in saying I doubt we will we'll probably not win any and the above figures will be closed down.

3 points against Crystal ****ing Palace was a must, I don't normally talk teams down like that, I normally say 'no disrespect to...' but it was a Roy ****ing Hodgson team that outplayed and embarrassed us. Roy ****ing Hodgson.

I dont mean this to be a sarcastic  or nasty rebuke, but have you followed, been interested, or seen Roy Hodgsons, club history. IMHO an overall top level career, hes not one of the greats,

but I wouldnt of been unhappy if he had, had the Leicester job.

His England careers wasnt too bad, he had to start to bring in the next generation, the old Guard, he didnt make excuses to keep them. He found a couple of good set ups, but like it is

O ften with the England real 1st  choice top 14 players, were too regularly out for long periods

due to injuries.

That said that , the last Int.tournament of Roys, was horrific and quite pathetic.

He fits into that box, like many other good club managersaround Europe , they will see you ,

Into the tournament, but are not expansive or consequent enough, in building an International ethic or style , no stamp.., that is consistent through the years.

Puels selection yesterday, many fans were happy with the selection,

Even considered, our best and 1st choice Grouping.

Many individual posters, who after the event said Shinji should of been selected

are majority of the one who didnt want Shinji, near the 1st team...

Zaha, Benteke, Townsend, were more intensive and together than our own

Mahrez, Vardy, Gray. They over ran us in midfield, Ndidi did have a bad day,

in his defensive duties. Yesterday the players were off the intensivity and consequent pace,

as individuals and within team collectiveness. Even with subs, early or late, wouldnt of made

any difference. Maybe if w e had got that early goal, the players would have upped their game.

That we must of should of won that game, and posters have  gone into panic mode..

Way, way OTT.

Its a nice luxury for once, not to be worrying, vy having that buffer, and shows itself we are

Heading in the right direction ,Slowly getting it right and competing for the 1st time over 2 seasons.This squad has many wounds to heal, and still doubts how consistent it can be.

For the 1st time, in these season, we can have a small bad run/patch, but still feel safe.

After last seasons poor 12th, I said I am sure many fans would be happy, to achieve a

Positive 12th-10th place with a majority of good games behind them..So far so good.

Frustrating ,disappointing as yesterday was, It was one of those hiccups we has Leicester

usually have, but it does leave us still being able up that anti and dream, of pushing

for a top 6 place.We have to hard earn that right still, that is the part of enjoying the season,

putting it about and believing, we are presently in a situation and better than we really are,

Leads to unbalanced OTT expectations. Puel is only into his 1st weeks, how we see and judge

our squad, he still needs to find out and realise, the weaknesses and potential.....

We have the luxury, that he had an immediate effect, that gives us that breathing space, we havent had since the title season. One could say our next games, all difficult over the traditional festive period, is the right moment to see if the squad, Puel and Appleton can get

or use this black-out day to get a reaction. This Cup game with Man-city wont be a measure,

its Gravy, its the next 4-5 league games run, that will show us the Journey's path.

Edited by fuchsntf

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Totally disagree...should ofs , could ofs...easy after the event,

Nobody would of done a better a job.

Not one line got it right today, some Individuals had good moments,

but it lacked bite and the intensivity...No player was really bad, but many were hanging in

and having avg games. City didnt give up, but were done by a better team on the day

As a group we went missing, that had nothing to do with Puel.

The players were well ushered by the opposition.

Give Palace credit, they played us out of the game.Ndidi couldn't get a decent block or interception in.  Such games we will Lose out on, 2 man midfield was swamped in truth.

Its one of those games, one just closes the book on. Its the next 4 PL games reaction,

will see how, our season developes...It wont rely on just today, exactly like some using the Soton game, has the proof we are automatically heading for  top 4-6.

Subs here, or there...Fans just looking for excuses...

Pedants corner but saying that Palace , ergo Roy, got it right....also by definition he did a better job albeit with another team, means that you don’t ‘totally disagree’ with me - also you are wrong in that Puel sets the team up and he got it wrong, they had a laid back attitude that he was unable to shift even at half time. The rest is your opinion, which you are entitled to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont mean this to be a sarcastic  or nasty rebuke, but have you followed, been interested, or seen Roy Hodgsons, club history. IMHO an overall top level career, hes not one of the greats,

but I wouldnt of been unhappy if he had, had the Leicester job.

His England careers wasnt too bad, he had to start to bring in the next generation, the old Guard, he didnt make excuses to keep them. He found a couple of good set ups, but like it is

O ften with the England real 1st  choice top 14 players, were too regularly out for long periods

due to injuries.

That said that , the last Int.tournament of Roys, was horrific and quite pathetic.

He fits into that box, like many other good club managersaround Europe , they will see you ,

Into the tournament, but are not expansive or consequent enough, in building an International ethic or style , no stamp.., that is consistent through the years.

Puels selection yesterday, many fans were happy with the selection,

Even considered, our best and 1st choice Grouping.

Many individual posters, who after the event said Shinji should of been selected

are majority of the one who didnt want Shinji, near the 1st team...

Zaha, Benteke, Townsend, were more intensive and together than our own

Mahrez, Vardy, Gray. They over ran us in midfield, Ndidi did have a bad day,

in his defensive duties. Yesterday the players were off the intensivity and consequent pace,

as individuals and within team collectiveness. Even with subs, early or late, wouldnt of made

any difference. Maybe if w e had got that early goal, the players would have upped their game.

That we must of should of won that game, and posters have  gone into panic mode..

Way, way OTT.

Its a nice luxury for once, not to be worrying, vy having that buffer, and shows itself we are

Heading in the right direction ,Slowly getting it right and competing for the 1st time over 2 seasons.This squad has many wounds to heal, and still doubts how consistent it can be.

For the 1st time, in these season, we can have a small bad run/patch, but still feel safe.

After last seasons poor 12th, I said I am sure many fans would be happy, to achieve a

Positive 12th-10th place with a majority of good games behind them..So far so good.

Frustrating ,disappointing as yesterday was, It was one of those hiccups we has Leicester

usually have, but it does leave us still being able up that anti and dream, of pushing

for a top 6 place.We have to hard earn that right still, that is the part of enjoying the season,

putting it about and believing, we are presently in a situation and better than we really are,

Leads to unbalanced OTT expectations. Puel is only into his 1st weeks, how we see and judge

our squad, he still needs to find out and realise, the weaknesses and potential.....

We have the luxury, that he had an immediate effect, that gives us that breathing space, we havent had since the title season. One could say our next games, all difficult over the traditional festive period, is the right moment to see if the squad, Puel and Appleton can get

or use this black-out day to get a reaction. This Cup game with Man-city wont be a measure,

its Gravy, its the next 4-5 league games run, that will show us the Journey's path.

That post was a hard read.

Anyway, i'd have been distraught.

I'd have had to seriously consider renewing my season ticket/going to games with him in charge.

Dinosaur.

Edited by Matt

3 hours ago, yorksfox said:

No complaints about any of the decisions. I cannot understand why Okasaki doesn't start every game, why is he always the one to be sacrificed? Clearly his attitude (unlike certain others) is spot on and he is not prone to sulking. Meanwhile the hapless Maguire and limited Simpson appear undroppable. Even when we're winning our defence had looked vulnerable - I assume Huth is still weeks away and Dragovic only over here to improve his English.

Are you blind to how poor Morgan was yesterday? His inept clearance started the first goal passage of play when he scooped into the air under zero pressure. And he looks like he’s never seen a ball most times he tries to pass it 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

That post was a hard read.

Anyway, i'd have been distraught.

I'd have had to seriously consider renewing my season ticket/going to games with him in charge.

Dinosaur.

But you can't deny that old Woyosauwus had our pants well and truly down yesterday? 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

But you can't deny that old Woyosauwus had our pants well and truly down yesterday? 

No, no I can't which makes it all the more frustrating, so annoying.

Take nothing away from Woyosauwus (I like that) they completely outplayed and embarrassed us but us not turning up gave him a massive help from the start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

Are you blind to how poor Morgan was yesterday? His inept clearance started the first goal passage of play when he scooped into the air under zero pressure. And he looks like he’s never seen a ball most times he tries to pass it 

I have been really happy, how Morgan this season has been prrforming/competing  at a high level.

BUT... IMO  Puel, should be looking at the CBs Alternatives, Yesterday would of been a good

opportunity to have rested him.I am not one who thinks 'showing up and performing in training' gives anybody a feeling how ones performace shows and is relevant 

to Gameday presence or potential.

We have bought him , So I would select him give him PL game time  , to see if he has anything to offer for rotation,so he can mesh and merge into the team, when called upon.

If there is no real opportunity seen,

then try Amartey, / get Elliot Moore (on loan) back ASAP.We have not set ourselves up so we can, feel confident when alternatives would be needed. A last 2 seasons problem, with Maguire

we needed another CB investment, or get Amartey involved.

Huths injury hasnt help, but Amartey and Drago, should be pushed into some PL games, not left floating on the bench, or used only in cup games.

I am one of the fans, who likes Simpson to be 1st choice, but like at present

we can chose, and actually do alternate with Fuchs and Chilli, we should be rotating occasionally, the RB positioning. ie...Simpson/Amartey even try Albrighton...

It seems We are also not prepared, to rotate Vardy during a game or for a  whole game , the players should be prepared , trained and coached, to automatically change set up, style  and approach to take on that replacement. Not have that individual pick up on Vardys game.

We should be playing to that individuals style, thats why I believe Slimanis game never really

got going, on any  Consistency. When Slim did score we had played to him, but never kept it going, I could be wrong but thats how I see it..

Nacho should also have a chance to lead with intent  the front line, not by just fitting in, but the players play to his tact and strengths.He should be seeing more ball, and not be then only the runner for Gray or Mahrez.

They might do so, but somehow it doesnt show.

• Like 1

My inadequate thoughts are we are still on track for a Top 7 finish, we are going to have the odd bad result on the way, but it was to be expected this Christmas period of games is quiete grueling especially without the strength in depth which we don’t have. I am sure Puel has his targets in mind. And we will see a more balanced approach come January onwards, I don’t expect the likes of Burnley to keep it up as they don’t score enough goals.

I doubt complacency wndtered the window, Puel would have told them before the game this was going be tough, we for some reason weren’t at the races, anyway onwards and upwards we go.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Chilwell looks very promising, but to me always looks capable of making a monumental cockup. Hopefully that will lessen as his experience grows. 

That's about it at the moment though- promising. I thought he was woeful yesterday. He was often in good positions but as is usually the case with him-no end product. Defensively he's not great either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nod.E said:

So let me get this straight. If Puel was waving his arms about on the touchline like a man possessed we wouldn't have been beaten? 

Okay lol

My only criticism is that Okazaki should have started for Gray. But even then I make that criticism with the acknowledgement that it's with the benefit of hindsight. 

They played two holding midfielders as stoppers, briefed solely to restrict our time on the ball where we have been hurting teams in recent games. Okazaki would have been much better suited to disrupting that set up than Gray, who -to be honest- I'm losing patience with. 

Well it’s obvious reading other people’s points, he should have been changing things round and putting his subs on 5 minutes into the game

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

It just went wrong, for a few reasons, some obvious (fatigue), others perhaps less so (to me anyway). As others have said, we tend to overreact - we're either the greatest or everyone needs sacking. Win Tuesday or Saturday (or at least compete hard) and it's soon forgotten.

Fatigue. 

I dont buy it.