Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Palace Home Post-Match 0-3

4 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Why can't Chilwell head a ball? Why did no one mark Benteke? Why did Puel not fancy making any subs? Why did Palace just dick us? Why did Ulloa come on? Why did Ulloa get a new contract? Why did Ndidi dive? What?

Some people are saying that the team didn’t get enough rest because the return flight from Southampton was cancelled. Surely, Okazaki could have managed one half of play. They did look off the pace. Every time we tackled the referee blew. It’s a contact sport so why were we punished so often and yet nothing for Palace most of the time. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I didn't listen to his interview, I can't, he bores me (Literally, no word of a lie, sends me to sleep), I don't understand him and I can't have an opinion on what he says or 'relationship' with him.

As has been mentioned in other threads, if we're winning and playing well (As we have been) who cares? I can base opinion on that and i'll be delighted.

Today, or things that happen like today is where it gets even more frustrating, i'm pissed off the game as it is (More than pissed off - As someone has mentioned this is up there with the Tottenham debacle of last season) but now I don't get to hear what a manager says, I don't get to hear him explain himself.

Ultimately it'll be the same old same old but it's still nice to hear it from the horse mouth, understand and create debate on what they've said.

Bloody french coming over here and not speaking English as well as we can all speak French

#brexit

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sindidragon said:

Some people are saying that the team didn’t get enough rest because the return flight from Southampton was cancelled. Surely, Okazaki could have managed one half of play. They did look off the pace. Every time we tackled the referee blew. It’s a contact sport so why were we punished so often and yet nothing for Palace most of the time. 

Ao you're going to put the defeat on the ref?

Game was lost in the first half, we didn't adapt to their style and had no idea what to do ourselves. Missed Okazaki so much and it was odd he took so long to be brought on.

I don't think it was complacency, they are in far better confidence than a few weeks ago and have decent attacking threat. We weren't fully at it for whatever reason and aren't a good enough team not to be.

A challenge ahead of us now to react to a bad defeat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benguin said:

Classic case of fine margins going against you. Poor display by the lads but if that goal stands and Ndidi doesn't get sent off it would have been a different story.

That said palace were good for the three points. 

Think talk of the top 6 is defined by not losing these. 

The sending off, did not loose us this game!! We were never gonna win with 11 let alone 10, poor poor performance 1-11

2 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

You must admit the ref was shocking 

Nope he wasn't. It was a dive and Iborra did push the defender. Albrighton's foul in the box should have been a pen. Only harsh decision was the foul/yellow on Simpson.

Edited by ZeGuy

I'm putting this down to mental fatigue as much as anything. Extra days preparation and todays result is very different.

The two continuing worries that surfaced yet again today was our inability to to defend crosses and Harry Maguire's decision making. The latter goes under the radar a bit, but the second goal was another example of him being drawn to the ball and not paying attention to his man.

Roll on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Few embarrassing reactions in here as always.

You've got to give the owl credit knows how to get a team out of a mess.

We were dreadful but there we are it's going to happen, anyone who thought the champions league was back on the horizon was deluded. European football hook or crook would be an excellent season and staying up is  the minimum expec

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

This is why I don't bother on here much nowadays!

Midweek we are gunning for Top4 now you guys say we are relegation fodder!!!

No team has the divine right to bear anyone...ask Chelsea losing to West Ham or Watford getting whipped by Huddersfield...

Palace "Leicestered" us....good and proper. Woy did his homework,we got nailed.

Ref didn't do anything wrong.

We just didn't turn up...no one would get a 7 out of 10....most barely 5. Palace have pace and you forget some pretty decent quality players.

We ain't crap- just a bad bad day.

Anyone criticising Puel needs to relax abit. We've shown some great form since he arrived. Anyone dissing his English...check out your own English first...and yours is probably your mother tongue!!!!

Roll on Tuesday night......

Was gonna write something but then read this and says it better than I was going to anyway.  Bad day at the office, move on and improve.  We are still a good team. X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

That game was very similar to the game against Nottingham Forest at home when we got promoted out of the Championship. I think we lost 2-0 and Nugent missed a penalty, basically nothing goes right, the players are undercooked and the opposition play way above themselves. It's a blip, I've not read this thread but we really shouldn't overreact. Today is the epitome of the quote 'that's football'. Let's dust ourselves down, put this game to bed and go again on Tuesday.

I thought the exact same. One of them where everything was going so well and it ended up going bang against them of all teams. Although I do think we actually played quite well that day, a lot better than we did today anyway.

I don't have long term concerns after that. I think in all honesty it was a bit of a freak result, we underestimated them and they played very well.

• Like 2

We wasted so many chances to shoot today, especially in the second half. Maguire, Gray and Mahrez all got into positions to strike at goal but decided to carry on running and eventually were tackled or passed it out wide when the opportunity had gone. 

Claudes got his work cut out and maybe he's thinking of what's got to come in the few weeks

This year, Leicester City will play four matches - between 23 December and 1 January - in the space of just 213 hours.

So perhaps it's a bit of forward planning going on in the rotation.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the most pleasant thing to watch today and we didn't deserve anything from it.

However, 14 points off safety and 26 points on the board........... I'm happy with that    :thumbup:

Ps: Imagine being a Stoke,Watford or even Spurs fan today   lol

Poorest of the season so far, got to give credit to Palace did there homework. Kept us limited when it came to chances from us and always seem to catch us out on the counter. Not great put lets pull our socks up and go again Tuesday.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Classic thinking we just have to turn up today so Puel has to take some blame for state of mind - so many players below par - Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Wilf - Chilwell is nowhere near ready yet and Iborra had a howler - Shinji should have started and Gray is a winger whatever he thinks so should start there - more worrying than the first half was the refusal to acknowledge how shit we were at half time and make changes - leaving Chilwell on the pitch was a terrible mistake as he was nowhere and floundering.....Fuchs wouodnahve done a better job today and bringing on Leo and laving Nacho on the bench is wierd - but basically Roy got it right......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seenitall said:

Classic thinking we just have to turn up today so Puel has to take some blame for state of mind - so many players below par - Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Wilf - Chilwell is nowhere near ready yet and Iborra had a howler - Shinji should have started and Gray is a winger whatever he thinks so should start there - more worrying than the first half was the refusal to acknowledge how shit we were at half time and make changes - leaving Chilwell on the pitch was a terrible mistake as he was nowhere and floundering.....Fuchs wouodnahve done a better job today and bringing on Leo and laving Nacho on the bench is wierd - but basically Roy got it right......

I agree with all of the above - very perseptive post.