Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Europa league spot

Europa league spot  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Europa league spot

• Yes
    • No

The question is do we want a Europa League spot!. Yes it would be great to be in European competition but we would have to play Thursday's Sunday's and it might be detriment to the league if we were to get it. I know the club would take it seriously if we were to get a Europa League spot but we don't want it to the detriment of our league position. Would the manager prioritise the Europa League like Claudio did with the Champions League, I am not saying I don't want to be in it. I would love to but it would invariably hit our league position.

7th will be the best we can get from now.

It looks like it will be between us Burnley and Everton.. if Burnley carry on losing players to injurys i just dont think they will have the quality to win games ..i think they will get a lot of well organised hard to breakdown draws.

But who knows.

3 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

The question is do we want a Europa League spot!. Yes it would be great to be in European competition but we would have to play Thursday's Sunday's and it might be detriment to the league if we were to get it. I know the club would take it seriously if we were to get a Europa League spot but we don't want it to the detriment of our league position. Would the manager prioritise the Europa League like Claudio did with the Champions League, I am not saying I don't want to be in it. I would love to but it would invariably hit our league position.

For teams who arnt gonna win the league playing in europe is the next big achievement surely its crazy to think otherwise?!?!?!

plus our squad on paper has enough depth atm.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

The answer is yes blud.  Yes fam.

If you're not impressed by the Europa League, look at it like this:  its our only chance of getting Champions League football

• Like 3

I've not ruled out 7th (transfer window/Mahrez dependent) I think Silva and Iborra in the middle will be truly a bit special and maybe we'll eventually go 4 3 3 and have Ndidi in there as well if we get a right back who can carry the ball and another physical, mobile centre back.

6th looks a bit crazy as its 8 points away with Arsenal sat in it and 5th is ten points away so thats unrealistic too.... however I think its important to remember we are dealing with two North London Clubs who face uncertainty. Arsenal are potentially about to lose a couple of key players and reinforcements may take a bit of time to adjust and Spurs, well Spurs will bottle it - its what they do. Defences are already drawing straws at the bottom of the table to see who's going to receive the 5 match ban for breaking Kane's ankle.

So for us to get a UEFA spot and come 7th, do both the cups have to be won by two differing top four finishing clubs? (Unless of course we win the FA Cup in some fantasy miracle land?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So for us to get a UEFA spot and come 7th, do both the cups have to be won by two differing top four finishing clubs? (Unless of course we win the FA Cup in some fantasy miracle land?)

Europa League spots go to Fifth, FA Cup, and League Cup winners, unless the Cup winners already qualified, then it goes to 6th, and then 7th. League Cup will surely go to a top 5 winner, so FA Cup would have to be won by somebody not in top 7 for 7th not to go...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It's amazing we've stayed 8th after the last run of games.

Yes there's a top six this year then there's all the rest. I genuinely think that everybody from Huddersfield in 11th downward has the potential to go down. Although unlikely, anybody winning a couple of fixtures back to back hauls themselves out of it and sends another side bang in trouble as only 8 points separates nearly half the table.

44 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Here we go again.

One win against Huddersfied and people talk about 5th place. 

Not a single chance. Niente, nada, nichts.

7th-8th would be great.

5th I agree, is highly unlikely, but 7th is not much of a stretch at all and as has been said, may well be good enough for a Europa League spot.