Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Europa league spot

Europa league spot  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Europa league spot

• Yes
    • No

29 minutes ago, Percy Thrower said:

Messing up against the likes of Palace & Watford certainly won't help. 

Disappointing results, but you cannot expect us to win every game we're slight favourites in.

You could flip it around and say we got an unexpected point against Man Utd and win against Spurs.

21 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Hopefully we get 7th but I don't think we will, Burnley aren't slipping up but hopefully they have a dip soon

Burnley haven't won in 5, they've already had a bit of a slip up. Likewise, we did as well, that's why it was so important to beat Huddersfield. 

They've got tough games next 5 - home to Man City and Man United and then away to Palace, Newcastle and Swansea who ALL need points to beat the drop. Whereas we have some really good home fixtures (Watford, Swansea, Stoke) all coming up. Confident we can be above them by the end of Feb.

Any English club in the Europa League should be just about the wealthiest clubs in the competition, it always baffles me how poor our teams do in the competition. Personally I'd play a reserve side in the first stages of the Europa League as I still think it should have the quality to go through.It's a great opportunity to play squad players in meaningful matches. Even with the squad we have today we could still put out two very competitive teams on a Thursday and Sunday with nobody playing twice.

Vardy

Albrighton Okazaki Mahrez

Ndidi Silva

Chilwell Maguire Morgan Simpson

Schmeichel

Slimani

Gray Iheanacho Barnes

James Iborra

Fuchs Huth Dragovic Amartey

Hamer

• Like 3

I did some pretty basic analysis for my fantasy team based on points per game of the opposition, which took into account the points per game of an opponent playing at home or away. 

I can't remember any of the numbers off the top of my head but we had the lowest points per game for our opponents in the whole league. (I.e. the teams we're playing at home are in theory poor away and the teams we have away aren't as strong at home.)

I'll share it later when I get in. 

And yes it was worth the time spent doing it.. I have far too much money invested into Fantasy Football this year lol

Edited by Nod.E

18 hours ago, Gerard said:

Any English club in the Europa League should be just about the wealthiest clubs in the competition, it always baffles me how poor our teams do in the competition. Personally I'd play a reserve side in the first stages of the Europa League as I still think it should have the quality to go through.It's a great opportunity to play squad players in meaningful matches. Even with the squad we have today we could still put out two very competitive teams on a Thursday and Sunday with nobody playing twice.

Vardy

Ndidi Silva

Schmeichel

Slimani

Gray Iheanacho Barnes

James Iborra

Hamer

Such a strong squad it's a joke, we should be more than capable to handle cup demand

19 hours ago, Daz93 said:

Burnley haven't won in 5, they've already had a bit of a slip up. Likewise, we did as well, that's why it was so important to beat Huddersfield. 

They've got tough games next 5 - home to Man City and Man United and then away to Palace, Newcastle and Swansea who ALL need points to beat the drop. Whereas we have some really good home fixtures (Watford, Swansea, Stoke) all coming up. Confident we can be above them by the end of Feb.

Arse have really easy Jan, but very tough looking Feb. Should to looking to pinch their spot when we beat them in March.

19 hours ago, Gerard said:

Vardy

Ndidi Silva

Schmeichel

Slimani

Gray Iheanacho Barnes

James Iborra

Hamer

Slimani Iborra Ndidi Silva already have experience at that level (and more).. if we di make it into the tournament  we could go very far on paper.

like always i think we just need our backline strengthened.

Edited by les-tah

35 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Slimani Iborra Ndidi Silva already have experience at that level (and more).. if we di make it into the tournament  we could go very far on paper.

like always i think we just need our backline strengthened.

Everyone in both of those squads except Maguire has some sort of European experience, whether it's Europa or Champions League. That's absolutely insane lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Just put a tenner on us winning the league.. I know I know, that's mental.

If we win all of our remaining games we will finish on 78 points.

To beat this Man City will only need 17 points from their remaining 16 games to get 79 points.

Yep ... that's pretty mental

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO
  • Like 2

On 1/3/2018 at 15:55, ZeGuy said:

Here we go again.

One win against Huddersfied and people talk about 5th place. 

Not a single chance. Niente, nada, nichts.

7th-8th would be great.

Didnt they say the same about winning the league? Didn't they say the same thing about Leicester at UCL not making out of the group stage? This is football, anything can happen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Didnt they say the same about winning the league? Didn't they say the same thing about Leicester at UCL not making out of the group stage? This is football, anything can happen

We'll talk again about it in may.