Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man City Away Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I think Ndidi will be instructed to stay on de Bruyne. Give him no space or time.

Again Puel's tactical awareness continues to impress. I think we'll run them close today.

Hope you're right. To me the last team you should be experimenting against is a team of the calibre of Man City. But there again Puel gets most calls right, and no shame if we end up losing.  I'm going for 1-2

Just now, glenny_fox said:

Maybe we should try pronouncing his name different. I think people would like him more if his name is said like matt-eh hamez. 

All set for a wonderful partnership between Hamza and Hamez.

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Yes there is because this scapegoating is ridiculous.

If he was putting in shit performances week in week out then those certain people would have a point.

Whats with the Iborra love anyway, his passing has been atrocious recently.

Why is it a love in, who’s scapegoating, I feel he’s better defensively, especially at set pieces, more mobile than James, and when playing regular, offers much more, but am I allowed to have a different opinion, without being called an idiot.

Iborra hasn’t really been getting a game, and has looked a bit off the pace, and sloppy at times yes, but he also takes risks, and not safe all the time, like I feel James does

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can only assume Amartey has an injury. 

Unless hes gone on strike.........:whistle:

You are literally wrong. ;)

Hope Silva and Diabaté continue their progressions. Surprised that Iheanacho didn't get a start. Hope Mahrez gets put on to play at the end so he can start to prove himself a Leicester player again.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Quite frankly I can't fathom anyone suggesting Iborra has actually deserved to be in over him.

His last two or three starts now have been horrendous from what I remember. He's given the ball away far too much an i'd imagine that's what the professional manager is seeing as well.

Flashes of excellence no doubt, but for me James is just far steadier currently. And Iborra's shockers seem to get glossed over.

James will always divide opinion because he's not a Hollywood pass type player.

la-fi-harvey-weinstein-nypd-20171103&sp=

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This sudden James hate is fvcking stupid.

MOTM worthy performance at Chelsea, decent shift against Watford, one dodgy performance against Everton and suddenly he's the new scapegoat.

Idiots.

He's not a bad player but I think Iborra has more class and skill in his box. 

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Why is it a love in, who’s scapegoating, I feel he’s better defensively, especially at set pieces, more mobile than James, and when playing regular, offers much more, but am I allowed to have a different opinion, without being called an idiot.

Iborra hasn’t really been getting a game, and has looked a bit off the pace, and sloppy at times yes, but he also takes risks, and not safe all the time, like I feel James does

Plenty of comments on here and Twitter over the past few weeks

"James ffs"

"Why James"

"Oh shit James is starting best hunt for a facepalm smiley"

Iborra is better defensively, especially at set pieces but James has an engine, more so than Iborra in my opinion, James can do pretty much everything apart from shoot.

James has been decent since returning but way some speak it's as if he's been utter shite.

I get we haven't seen him at his best but Iborra gives us something at defensively particularly on the near post at set pieces.

Matty James is an Andy King upgrade for me, rarely does anything wrong but never truly stands out. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Quite frankly I can't fathom anyone suggesting Iborra has actually deserved to be in over him.

His last two or three starts now have been horrendous from what I remember. He's given the ball away far too much an i'd imagine that's what the professional manager is seeing as well.

Flashes of excellence no doubt, but for me James is just far steadier currently. And Iborra's shockers seem to get glossed over.

James will always divide opinion because he's not a Hollywood pass type player.

For me an in form Iborra is better, he was a different class early in the season, but like all players he has had a dip in form.

No James isn’t a Hollywood player, he plays it safe, which Iborra does, but he will also look for the pass forward quick if it’s on, and add to that his defensive qualities at set pieces, I’m sorry if my opinion offends people, but I prefer him.

Edited by Monsell1976