Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Stoke (H)..pre match thread.

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan/Drago

Maguire

Fuchs

Iborra

Ndidi

Silva

Mahrez Vardy Nacho

Subs: Hamer, Morgan, Gray,Diabate, Albrighton,Amartey Chilwell.

Just a slight change...I would Like us to try that 3 man midfield,

5 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

Amartey

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Mahrez

Iborra

Ndidi

Albrighton

Gray

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Dragovic, James, Silva, Diabate, Iheanacho, Chilwell.

Morgan????

• Like 1

Bit of a family affair, personally, this one.

Mother, an uncle, a cousin, and grandparents are from the Stoke-on-Trent/Cheshire area.

All mostly moan about their team/club, and have done since Mark Hughes first started to struggle - so quite hoping this continues after the result of this game without too much negative mental wellbeing effect..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Hoping for a comfortable win. Taking my daughter to her first game and son to his second. Think mahrez will have a good game again and get a goal. Would like to see diabate but guessing albrighton will start, would like to see silva play behind vardy to 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

Why are people dropping Chilwell for this? Thought he was great last night. 

Love him when he gets forward. He's good on the ball, can attack with it and put in a good delivery- everything Puel wants and Simpson can't do. But his defending is a liability. I'd rather we sort a solid defence and get a grip on 7th place. Plenty of time for our younger players to shine.

Up the foxes

• Like 1

We have a run of Prem games where we should be looking at maximum points to put the willies up Arsenal.

Kasper 

Chilwell

Maguire

Dragovic

Amartey

Ndidi

Iborra

Diabaté

Silva

FreeMehrez

Vardy

Stoke are going to set up to be hard to break down so we need our attacking team out. Morgan dropped because Drago is more mobile and faster thinking. simpson dropped because he's just not good enough and kills our attacking flow. Gray was very good this weekend but Mahrez is still here so we need to use him until he walks out for good in the summer and Diabaté ahead of him because he seems special. Finally Iheanacho dropped - which I wish wasn't the case as he works well with diabaté but I feel Silva needs to grow into the key that unlocks the doors by playing as our CM. Iborra over James for his defensive heading ability which we're going to need.

Get off to a good start with an early goal and win 4-1. Get off to a good start but fail with the early goal 2-1.

Our push for Europe starts here.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

We have a run of Prem games where we should be looking at maximum points to put the willies up Arsenal.

Kasper 

Chilwell

Maguire

Dragovic

Amartey

Ndidi

Iborra

Diabaté

Silva

FreeMehrez

Vardy

Stoke are going to set up to be hard to break down so we need our attacking team out. Morgan dropped because Drago is more mobile and faster thinking. simpson dropped because he's just not good enough and kills our attacking flow. Gray was very good this weekend but Mahrez is still here so we need to use him until he walks out for good in the summer and Diabaté ahead of him because he seems special. Finally Iheanacho dropped - which I wish wasn't the case as he works well with diabaté but I feel Silva needs to grow into the key that unlocks the doors by playing as our CM. Iborra over James for his defensive heading ability which we're going to need.

Get off to a good start with an early goal and win 4-1. Get off to a good start but fail with the early goal 2-1.

Our push for Europe starts here.

(I say this in good friendly faith) I really hope you get your top 8(-1) finish FIF.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

(I say this in good friendly faith) I really hope you get your top 8(-1) finish FIF.

Secretly everyone does. I've absolutely no doubt it'll happen.

14 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

Why are people dropping Chilwell for this? Thought he was great last night. 

Excellent going forward although his final ball is still an issue ,but he certainly was not great defensively.

I'm worried this is going to be yet another game of being the better side but drawing because we cock up one of the basics, such as defending a corner.

We have to be winning this for me especially now that we've drawn with Swansea and taken nothing from Man City or Everton. Our run coming up looks good but I think of the three Stoke H, Bournemouth H and WBA A, this is the most winnable. We often struggle at Bournemouth and I'm convinced West Brom aren't the worst side in the league. Reminds me a little of three years ago (where does the time go?).

They won their first game under Lambert but in fairness it was at home to a Huddersfield side that were getting routinely beaten soundly. They couldn't have had an easier game that day. Since then they've drawn with Watford at home, lost at Bournemouth and drawn with Brighton at home. We have to be beating these. I think in the last two seasons this was as simple a fixture as we had.

I'll say 1-0 to us again.