Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Stoke (H)..pre match thread.

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Iborra or Silva in for James Diabate for Okazaki that’ll be my choice with these changes !!

At Home a decent performance and we can beat these big style would love to see a 6-0 to the Blue Army but I’ll take a cheeky 1-0 win for us any day !!

Just really hoping Puell gets this right on Saturday no silly changes too early on !!

Type of game James is likely to play in, Iborra hasn't done enough to warrant a start, Silva still isn't fully ready.

The fixtures we have left will tell us a lot about Puel, apart from maybe Spurs on the last day, the remaining fixtures we have are all winnable and there's about three months left of the season still.

Time to start dishing out some statements starting with a solid convincing win on Saturday.

A view from Stoke.  https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413681  Hardly brimming with optimism

Leicester of course are in that no-man’s land where we’d currently kill to be- unlikely to get into Europe, but trying to make things interesting for themselves by asking things like ‘oooh, I wonder if we’ll finish in the top-half?’ or having an existential crisis over what the exact point of finishing 8th is.

To us- the poor sods who, like rats clambering to get out of a septic tank, are locked into a life-or-death struggle at the bottom, clubs pondering such trivialities make us want to spit. It was us a few years ago. Lolling around in 9th or 10th like privileged middle-class suburban kids contemplating their navels, oblivious to those less fortunate fighting over cans of soup at the local food bank.

We moaned then about the lack of excitement. Believe me, we had nothing to moan about, and if you’re a Leicester fan reading this, or the fan of any club other than us, thank your lucky stars, because there’s only one place we’re going- and it’s the dark place where Barnsley and Reading live.

The goal average stats point towards a 2 or 3 goal win for the home side here. I think a small bet on both 2-0 and 3-0 could be the way to go.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

A view from Stoke.  https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413681  Hardly brimming with optimism

Leicester of course are in that no-man’s land where we’d currently kill to be- unlikely to get into Europe, but trying to make things interesting for themselves by asking things like ‘oooh, I wonder if we’ll finish in the top-half?’ or having an existential crisis over what the exact point of finishing 8th is.

To us- the poor sods who, like rats clambering to get out of a septic tank, are locked into a life-or-death struggle at the bottom, clubs pondering such trivialities make us want to spit. It was us a few years ago. Lolling around in 9th or 10th like privileged middle-class suburban kids contemplating their navels, oblivious to those less fortunate fighting over cans of soup at the local food bank.

We moaned then about the lack of excitement. Believe me, we had nothing to moan about, and if you’re a Leicester fan reading this, or the fan of any club other than us, thank your lucky stars, because there’s only one place we’re going- and it’s the dark place where Barnsley and Reading live.

The goal average stats point towards a 2 or 3 goal win for the home side here. I think a small bet on both 2-0 and 3-0 could be the way to go.

Quite funny, but he is miscalculating our potential somewhat.  We are not wondering if we'll finish top half

Top half is a bare minimum for us at this point. 7th is not unrealistic in the slightest.

41 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

If Berahino doesn't score tomorrow, it will be two years without a goal. He cannot buy a goal.

We know how this is going to go. 

I've already got money on it, we love helping lost causes rediscover form :blush:

Crouch late equaliser is always on the cards.

Just hope we pummel them from the off. Only concern is if Morgan and Simpson start together we will just lose possession and Stoke will counter constantly. If Schmeichel has a bad day it could be like Palace again.

26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

25 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Very humble contribution from that Stoke fan- there is an air of gloom over their chances on the Oatcake forum too . Bit of a contrast to their chippy attitude in  previous years - so the stage is all set for Crouch to head in a 85th minute winner 

Crouch will struggle as hes out injured.

As reported on about three pages on oatcake. But you are right surri the attitude is a lot different on that site. A little hard for them to spout bollox while fighting relegation lollol 

Hope we get to see Silva and Mahrez start in the same team (not sure that has happened) could get some delightful football.

Vardy

Albrighton  Diabate  Mahrez

Ndidi  Silva

Chilwell  Maguire  Drag  Simpson

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Just hope we pummel them from the off. Only concern is if Morgan and Simpson start together we will just lose possession and Stoke will counter constantly. If Schmeichel has a bad day it could be like Palace again.

If Morgan starts ahead of Dragovic tomorrow Dragovic is in his rights to burn the stadium down

Edited by les-tah

3 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

If Berahino doesn't score tomorrow, it will be two years without a goal. He cannot buy a goal.

We know how this is going to go. 

I think we should have a go at guessing the minute he’ll score as we all know he will. I’m going for the obvious- 44 minutes. Scuffed grass cutter into the corner, Berahino wheeling away with a smug look on his face as if he’s been scoring with no problems week in week out. 

Edited by funkyrobot

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I think we should have a go at guessing the minute he’ll score as we all know he will. I’m going for the obvious- 44 minutes. Scuffed grass cutter into the corner, Berahino wheeling away with a smug look on his face as if he’s been scoring with no problems week in week out. 

just had £50 on him anytime.

thats a dead cert just like walcott anytime

Vardy puts it to bed!:vardy:

Jamie Vardy says Leicester have "moved on" from Riyad Mahrez's transfer saga following a meeting among the players.

Mahrez had a spell away from the Foxes squad after failing to push through a move to Manchester City at the end of the January transfer window.

He missed training sessions and also games against Everton and Swansea before returning as a substitute in a 5-1 defeat to City and then starting in the FA Cup win over Sheffield United.

"It is what it is," Vardy told Sky Sports ahead of Saturday's live lunchtime clash with Stoke. "The bid came in, it was turned down, and you can understand his disappointment. But while he wasn't here we were having to get on with it.

"We are all professionals and had to play without him. It happens if he is injured or on the bench, so we just focused on the games. He came back, got us in the dressing room, explained the situation, and you move on.

"Everyone is exactly the same, they know what they have to do and their jobs. It was Riyad who wanted the meeting and got everyone in the dressing room and explained the situation, which is kept behind closed doors between us, and as far as everyone else is concerned that's that.

"You have to make sure it's like that, with the dressing room we have got everyone is a close-knit group so for him personally to want to do that shows what he is about."

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

Hope we get to see Silva and Mahrez start in the same team (

Thought that for the first hour of the Swansea game

silva wanted to play tight passing sequences and couldn’t really find a partner !!

could be profitable if we can get those two together isolating the right side of their defence 

• Like 3