Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Vardy

Just now, FIF said:

That may be true if his game was based simply on speed. However he's an intelligent footballer and he's getting better with experience. Ronaldo is 33 and slowing but his game is magnificent.

Did you quote the wrong person? I'm discussing nothing but his speed, which will decrease no matter what people say as it's a fact of life.

3 minutes ago, shen said:

The Curious Case of Jamie Vardy? :D

I heard and read lots of bullshit on Internet, I even write some, but this one, if meant, takes the cake.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 hours ago, shade said:

the guy is an animal, powererd by port, red bull and nicoteine. people like vardy don't get slower, if he wasn't running from defenders he'd be running from the coppers, it's in his genetics. keep the absolute legend forever then offer him a job on the coaching staff.

You forgot skittles vodka.

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Did you quote the wrong person? I'm discussing nothing but his speed, which will decrease no matter what people say as it's a fact of life.

I’m 36 now and faster than I was 3-4 years ago. Thus proving that you get faster with age (and it had nothing to do with me being a lazy twat who drank too much and did no exercise in my early thirties).

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well he's not gotten any slower, he will keep his pace until he retires. 

Sorry Ashley, but the recent analysis of him by a journo showed that his stop speed and his average speed were both down this season.

And there goes the 40,000... yay me. @Mark do I get a watch or a clock or something?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sorry Ashley, but the recent analysis of him by a journo showed that his stop speed and his average speed were both down this season.

And there goes the 40,000... yay me. @Mark do I get a watch or a clock or something?

Yet he's made more sprints?

7 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

Looks slightly slower to me. His mind is quicker though

He is definitely slower - two years ago he rarely had to check back to beat a defender he was clear of.  Now he often has to try and use a bit of skill to come back inside, even though we was clear to begin with. Are defenders getting quicker ?  I doubt it ! 

In our title winning season, once he was clear of the last defender he would always  get a shot away -  not always the case now. 

• Like 1

Decent article about our Jamie from the 22nd Feb.. https://www.premierleague.com/news/624925 

No slowing down

At the age of 31, some might have expected Vardy to slow down since inspiring the Foxes to the title.

Yet he remains one of the quickest front men in the league, continuing to test his markers with regular sprints in behind or down the channels.

He has slightly modified his style though, learning to conserve more energy for the moments that matter.

Not closing down defenders quite as often, or making run after run to show for the ball, Vardy now carefully selects the right times to burst into action and sprint into the box.

He is having less involvement in Leicester’s build-up play but, provided that it is not affecting his goal output, that won’t concern his manager, Claude Puel.

He is definitely a little slower nowadays and sadly you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise, but that's balanced out by the fact that he's a much better footballer than he used to be. His touch, passing and anticipation/movement are first rate and the amount of goals he's scoring with first time finishes in the box - this season and last - suggests he's perfectly capable of adapting his game and not just relying on running in behind and onto through balls. Think he's got a good few years left at this level, provided he looks after his body well and gets chances created for him

• Like 2