Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

It's not my job to know who to sign and I don't spend hours of my spare time looking through twitter to find people who think so-and-so is the next big thing.

All I know is that the names you've mentioned have been averaging mediocre stats in abysmal leagues.

Mediocre stats?

Jahankahbash has one of the highest combined expected goals and expected assist numbers in Europe.

PL 38 Goals 18 Assists 12 - highest goal contributor in Holland this season  (above Neres and Ziyech). Abysmal league that some of the best PL players have come from Eriksen, Van Persie, Robben, Luis Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, Vertonghen...

Maddison - highest overall key passes/90 in the Championship, 14 goals, 8 assists ahead of Neres and Jota. Arsenal, Leicester and Spurs interested already, he’ll be in the PL next season. Same league that Vardy came from. This anti championship snobbery is amusing.

Elyounouissi - scored a goal and assist  against Man City at the etihad in the CL. Also scored against Benfica in the brilliant 2-0 away win in the CL. Yeah very ‘average’.

As expected you don’t have any names, just quick to bash as per.

I guess mahrez was always going to be sh*t because he came from an abysmal league too? Diabate is actually showing signs that’s he’s better than Gray already, but no he must be sh*t. 

Edited by RoyFox

Swiss centre-back Fabian Schär is available in the summer, has a very low release clause in his contract following relegation with La Coruña.

Very similar in style to Dragovic - and he can also score from various angles! Very apt at free-kicks also and has a bomb of a shot on him.

Could be quite the bargain if he performs well at the World Cup.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, Wrighty22 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed but would Jack Butland be a good replacement for Kasper if Stoke do go down?

He would be more than good enough. He'd more than likely take Kaspers place in the team. Unfortunately though there will be the likes of Liverpool and Spurs who would be keen to take him on ahead of us. 

Why do we need to replace Kasper? Yes he’s made mistakes but look at the defence he has infront of him. There are more pressing issues to resolve than Kasper’s position.

We don’t need to replace Kasper, we do however need a reliable back up to him. 

15 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Why do we need to replace Kasper? Yes he’s made mistakes but look at the defence he has infront of him. There are more pressing issues to resolve than Kasper’s position.

We don’t need to replace Kasper, we do however need a reliable back up to him. 

He is a great shot stopper but his kicking and more importantly, his ability to command his area by claiming crosses etc, are both very poor. 

I still think he should start next season as our No.1, but I'd like us to sign a keeper who is genuinely going to push him and not just another obvious back-up! 

More pressing issues yes, but we are hardly short of cash and we need to improve in every single area if possible. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 21:20, HKFox said:

Start with a new manager of Marco Silva. 

Sell / release end of contract : Hamer (We don't need 3gks), Simpson, Morgan, Benaloune, Huth, King, James, Mendy, Slimani, Ulloa, Mahrez. 

A lot of players I know but we only play 1 game a week. A huge squad is not needed, rather a consistent team are needed and the wages can be better spent have a stronger smaller squad. 

Players I would like to sign: 

Cedric, Stones (in Mahrez swap deal) / Gibson most likely. Maddison (Norwich) Rueben Loftus Cheek, 

Would leave us - Give the team 15 games to start the season with a set formation and actually give them a chance in there best positions. 

Schmeichel,

Cedric, Stones Maguire Chilwell,

Gray, Ndidi, Loftus Cheek, Diabete, 

Maddison,

Vardy 

A young side with potential and great speed on the counter. With the correct manager I think this team will play attractive football and would compete in every match. Admittedly Stones could be unrealistic, but for financial reasons a swap deal + cash for us could benefit both ourselves and Man City. Loftus Cheek has the potential to dominate games + alongside Ndidi would be formidable in my opinion. With the sales of a larger squad I don't think this would be too much a stretch financially to obtain. Add in a cb on loan and maybe promote one from the U23s if needed as the 4th choice cb. We would have a midfield of Silva + Iborra as back up so that is good cover there. Leaves us Okazaki and Kelechi Ineacho as striker alternatives. And Marc Albrighton and Harvey Barnes as alternatives on the wing. 

I like this and this is very realistic. Ruben Loftis Cheek is a stretch but very achievable if we play our cards right and pay the right price. Stones would be the toughest to get.

• Like 1

Went to watch paphos fc in the cyprus premier league yesterday, quite honestly they looked better than us of late. Could probably buy the entire team for 50 quid and be an upgrade.

Dem skillzzzz

Edited by Kopic

37 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd like to get rid of Gray and bring in McClean from West Brom. He works his socks off every time I see him , Can get up and down the line and can actually cross the ball. 

I'd like to think we might aim a little higher. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kopic said:

Went to watch paphos fc in the cyprus premier league yesterday, quite honestly they looked better than us of late. Could probably buy the entire team for 50 quid and be an upgrade.

Dem skillzzzz

Mild homo-erotica. Interesting. Something about the roly-poly's in the sand at 1:43 was arousing in a very wholesome way, but I'm left none the wiser about their footballing abilities or indeed how to spell the club's name. 

Edited by turtmcfly

51 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Whilst Mclean is a bad example for my argument here... WHY?! Why should we aim higher, our snobbery around signings since winning the league has done us no good whatsoever

There's plenty of talent in the Championship and Lower Prem that could improve us no end.

But yeah i'd worry if we signed McLean mainly because he's a massive bell end lol 

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Normally I would agree with you. But we've wasted enough money on prima donnas who take too long to adjust to the league. It's time to bring in a few hard working players. I'd put McLean in a similar class to Albrighton, always gives 100% and is better at beating a man and crossing a Ball.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd like to get rid of Gray and bring in McClean from West Brom. He works his socks off every time I see him , Can get up and down the line and can actually cross the ball. 

James McClean is not welcome in Leicester.

23 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Normally I would agree with you. But we've wasted enough money on prima donnas who take too long to adjust to the league. It's time to bring in a few hard working players. I'd put McLean in a similar class to Albrighton, always gives 100% and is better at beating a man and crossing a Ball.

James McClean with his 0 assists this season is better at crossing than Albrighton?

:nigel:

Hi all, new member here. Had to post this because I think we may be overlooking a gem in Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. Watched Villa beat us in the U23s the other night and this kid was dynamite. Does anyone here think the same ?

Hi Mikey , can't get link with this new tablet I have. Anyway this kid tore our defence apart. I honestly think he is a Mahrez replacement. Villa fans are screaming for him to be added to their first team for their play off matches.

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Callum Husdon Odoi, Chelsea youth player, scored twice in the youth cup final the other night. What a talent he is, already played for the 1st team apparently.

No chance we could get him here IMO.