Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

By the way, Everton pulled in 31,000 for their tie last night - I wonder if they priced it sensibly...

Just went to their site to find out 

Adults 25-64 £15

65+ and under 25’s £10 

under 18’s £5 

55 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Just went to their site to find out 

Adults 25-64 £15

65+ and under 25’s £10 

under 18’s £5 

Fair play to Everton for getting that attendance with those prices. I wonder if we should look at moving our Under 22 pricing up to 25. 

59 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah the Liverpool love in is sickening. I thought Spurs had their arsekissers but I forgot how bad this lot are.

I don't kissarse..but enjoy watching other teams play good football,because that's what it's all about in the end...being entertained.

running around like some...bahhh humbug character,throwing disdain around like autumn falling leaves...life is too short...

Liverpool,Spurs rarely play poor football. They have ,well spurs have,some players,and fans on@fightingcock forum,that just fking irritate!!

History wise I have little sympathy with Arsenal,and Forest.

I don't like the English plastic fans who cant,/won't support their local team,then go for one of the old big 6.

Though,since middle 60s..Everton and BvB are my 2nd teams,with B vB just as fanatical,(nearly) as Leicester.

I have been fortunate,away from forums to be friends or acquainted with Spurs and L'pool fans that are not bellends,

they will recounte r memories,and their great sides,but not with moaning whining lament....

With cross banter, Banks,Clemence,Jennings,Shilton,...Gibson,White. Weller against  all,outfield players!! Worthington-Chivers-Rush

to a man/lass they follow Leicester and other teams,lightly but with distant misty respect. Great banter,but no hate campaigns.

ex-player pundits...brilliant,whether I don't agree with or don't like , again brilliant all part of the entertainment.

Merson,Souness super!!! One real dislike .. he is IME, a complete tosser.Murphy.  Well I ain't perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I'd be quite happy to see Liverpool Football Club cease to exist tbh 

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Personally I have no ill will towards Liverpool football club. I find the media ass kissing of Klopp, Salah and a few others sickening but that's the fault of the media - and the British public that buys the shit and not the club. I've always found Liverpool fans to be passionate, knowledgable and on the whole decent.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

if you have a twitter account and your interests are aligned with football then you’ll dislike Liverpool and their fans. 

Maybe, if you're over 25 years old you might not.

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Personally I have no ill will towards Liverpool football club. I find the media ass kissing of Klopp, Salah and a few others sickening but that's the fault of the media - and the British public that buys the shit and not the club. I've always found Liverpool fans to be passionate, knowledgable and on the whole decent.

I appreciate you wasting 1 of your 11 posts a day on me but I still don't care much for what you say 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

.....ex-player pundits...brilliant,whether I don't agree with or don't like , again brilliant all part of the entertainment.

Merson,Souness super!!! One real dislike .. he is IME, a complete tosser.Murphy.  Well I ain't perfect.

Guilty.  As charged.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Max Wall said:

He didn't actually turn me to drink lol I was already there.

To be fair, you simply can't deny his achievements, whether you like him or not. I was just a kid but lived in Aberdeen when he took over in 1978. He moaned about everything from Old Firm bias to the veruca on his child's foot and everything in between. An olden day Dyche, if you will. Stories of the strokes he pulled were legendary. Often younger players would virtually be dragged out of house parties by Ferguson's network of spies around the city. Aberdeen is a small city, even smaller then before North Sea oil money expanded it and his players got away with nothing. He did break up the Old Firm duopoly which really was an incredible feat His better Aberdeen teams were tough but also had attacking flair that his Man U teams were known for. Having said all that, by the time he retired, I'd been listening to him moan and criticise everything non Man Utd for nearly 40 years. 

I must admit, I have always admired Fergie.  I enjoyed watching his United teams and in addition to his huge achievements in the game, I admired his tunnel vision, dyed in the wool, one-eyed, stubborn as a mule, blinkered-ness.  A true winner.  You get the feeling he would gladly donate a testicle if it gained his team an advantage.

Irritates me when Dyche does it though.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

if you have a twitter account and your interests are aligned with football then you’ll dislike Liverpool and their fans. 

Liverpool & Newcastle I find are the worst. 

Liverpool “fans” have a weird obsession at the minute with net spend. Newcastle think they are a massive club even though they haven’t won a major trophy for over 60 years.

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

I must admit, I have always admired Fergie.  I enjoyed watching his United teams and in addition to his huge achievements in the game, I admired his tunnel vision, dyed in the wool, one-eyed, stubborn as a mule, blinkered-ness.  A true winner.  You get the feeling he would gladly donate a testicle if it gained his team an advantage.

Wouldn't that be classed as Ball tampering? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If Carlsberg done champions league group draws....... 

Barca, Inter,  PSV and the verminous Spuds. 

Luvvllyy jubbbllly! 

I'd actually say that they have a chance.

Some on here need to admit that, as seen at Man United a couple of days ago, they can be a very strong team that can surprise a few.

If they can be consistent, reckon they can actually get a few points from these games.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, murphy said:

Yes. Though I hate to admit it, it probably is grudging admiration I have. An absolute winner as you say. I can't even get him on any charges like 'parking the bus' either, both his Aberdeen and Man Utd teams attacked and were entertaining to watch. Although it will always pale against his time at Man U, what he achieved at Aberdeen, with hindsight, was nothing short of incredible. He used everything he could against both the Glasgow teams to try and gain an advantage and 'took it to' Rangers in particular, probably driven by the fact that he never quite excelled the way he would have wanted to when he played for them. Not quite a one off but one of a very select group of successful football managers in history. 

Well, you did it @murphy. My first ever truly complimentary post about Alex Ferguson. I've got it all out in one go. It will never happen again!

• Like 1