Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

One thing Carlos Carlvalhal said that I have always thought is, a lot of people think players who are fast and physically strong are talented.  They are not. Talent is intelligence, not how fast you can run. Talented players know when to pass, when to shoot, when to keep the ball and when to release it.

Edited by Koke

Just now, Koke said:

One thing Carlos Carlvalhal said that I have always thought is, a lot of people think players who are fast and physically strong are talented.  They are not. Talent is intelligence, not how fast you can run.

I've said this a few times football is obsessed with speed seemingly at the expense of intelligence and talent as there's a lot of very fast players who have very little else to offer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I've said this a few times football is obsessed with speed seemingly at the expense of intelligence and talent as there's a lot of very fast players who have very little else to offer.

It's the FIFA ultimate team generation that's done it!

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

One thing Carlos Carlvalhal said that I have always thought is, a lot of people think players who are fast and physically strong are talented.  They are not. Talent is intelligence, not how fast you can run. Talented players know when to pass, when to shoot, when to keep the ball and when to release it.

adama-traore-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-manchester-city-premier-league_jj7poistu1yt1hel6umu0zst2.jpg?t=2137303109&quality=90&w=1280

Prime example.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

adama-traore-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-manchester-city-premier-league_jj7poistu1yt1hel6umu0zst2.jpg?t=2137303109&quality=90&w=1280

Prime example.

I think that is unfair. He is very talented and has come a long way in terms of footballing intelligence.

Some players just need time to get to those levels. He is where Zaha was around the same age and Zaha is many times better than what he was before. I can see Traore vastly improved in a few more seasons.

Now if you were using Townsend as a prime example then I would agree with you. He hasn't made any improvements in his game.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Running at speed with the ball is a talent if you can do it well.

• Like 2

Mourinho ranting about how he is one of the World's Best Managers again!  No one is saying different, but him constantly declaring it, is hardly helping his cause right now. Have some class and keep your blatant arrogance to yourself for a change. He reminds me of Trump! Simply cannot handle any criticism and lashes out at anyone who dares to. Sad. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I miss the days when this cvnt never spoke to the media. Christ, has he ever said anything positive or had words of encouragement for anyone?

With what he achieved as a man utd player he has the right to criticise players if there not playing for the club

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Running at speed with the ball is a talent if you can do it well.

Usually one can learn to improve on passing,and when to hold the ball.....It's difficult to teach somebody to run at speed,at put pace on

in a surge forward,either your fast or not....

2 hours ago, Alex_LCFC said:

With what he achieved as a man utd player he has the right to criticise players if there not playing for the club

I admired Scholes and his career...one of the Ferguson's young guns....

but like you say,once he retired,never a good word in anything football...

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I miss the days when this cvnt never spoke to the media. Christ, has he ever said anything positive or had words of encouragement for anyone?

He's right though

24 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I admired Scholes and his career...one of the Ferguson's young guns....

but like you say,once he retired,never a good word in anything football...

Most the negativity is towards man utd players and quite rightly so

Already like him as both a manager and individual, but what's he said here is spot on really.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "You can see Claude Puel's work is now paying off at Leicester. They have changed the style a bit. It is good football they are playing and they are full of confidence, especially after the last result.

The midfield is really strong. Looks good, defensive line has played together for a while. Ben Chilwell is a massive player for them. Great future, looks a big talent, is a good player."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Koke said:

He's seemed to become so overrated since he retired. Constantly see United fans needing to bring Scholes into 'the greatest PL midfielder of all time' debate. He's nothing on Patrick Vieira for me.

Also the constant criticism of Pogba is boring now. Yeah he annoys me but he is great and Utd are better with him. His range of passing is class. Probably not worth £90m but he can't help that.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1