Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

40 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I like the Spurs - have done since Blanchflower, McKay, White and Cliff Jones graced the field of play - although never quite forgiven the circumstances in which we lost the '61 final to them.

But any team what stuffs United is flavour of the day for me.

lev24.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

They can't pay me to like Spurs. I don't like most of their fans, their owner and Dele Ali. Their delusion isn't even funny. Atleast when Liverpool fans act intitled, they can fall back on their past. But Spurs? Nah! 

I have to say that I never minded Spurs really. Maybe it was because they never looked like they'd win anything. Not overly keen on them now, that's mainly to do with Alli though. Rose annoys me a fair bit too. 

Oh, and Alan Sugar.

Edited by Max Wall

19 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I have to say that I never minded Spurs really. Maybe it was because they never looked like they'd win anything. Not overly keen on them now, that's mainly to do with Alli though. Rose annoys me a fair bit too. 

Oh, and Alan Sugar.

Yeah, they seem to have a few "unlikeable" people there. 

Tbf, I like their playing style. They play a entertaining brand of football but they seem stuck in a weird place. They have a squad that can make top-4 consistently but their refusel to have a lexury player that they carry who brings those little moments of magic seems to be their downfall. Poch doesn't look too favorably on flair players with questionable work-rate. He demands 110% from his players and it really shows in the second half of the season and the European competitions. 

Plus, they held a grudge against the club for winning the league. What did they expect? The team to lose on purpose? 

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yeah, they seem to have a few "unlikeable" people there. 

Tbf, I like their playing style. They play a entertaining brand of football but they seem stuck in a weird place. They have a squad that can make top-4 consistently but their refusel to have a lexury player that they carry who brings those little moments of magic seems to be their downfall. Poch doesn't look too favorably on flair players with questionable work-rate. He demands 110% from his players and it really shows in the second half of the season and the European competitions. 

Plus, they held a grudge against the club for winning the league. What did they expect? The team to lose on purpose? 

The grudge thing doesn't really bother me that much, it's  quite laughable they hold a bit of a grudge about it. They can play decent football but still remain very flaky despite their win over Man U the other night. I join in with the piss taking on here regarding Spurs but I honestly can't say I hate them. Man U are the team I really loathe, mainly because of the vast amount of plastics they have rather than the club itself. I also lived in Aberdeen during Ferguson's years there, so it feels like I had to put up with him for a century. Any dominance brings that out in me though as I couldn't stand Liverpool when I was at school.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal

12 hours ago, Koke said:

It'll be Fulham.

12 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Wonder if it might be Spurs, with Dembele moaning he can't play every three days and no summer incomings.

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

QPR? Schteve would never forget a birthday. 

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Are we just naming London clubs? lol

Wimbledon.

I don't care if I'm right or wrong, but it'll definitely be Wimbledon.

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

The grudge thing doesn't really bother me that much, it's  quite laughable they hold a bit of a grudge about it. They can play decent football but still remain very flaky despite their win over Man U the other night. I join in with the piss taking on here regarding Spurs but I honestly can't say I hate them. Man U are the team I really loathe, mainly because of the vast amount of plastics they have rather than the club itself. I also lived in Aberdeen during Ferguson's years there, so it feels like I had to put up with him for a century. Any dominance brings that out in me though as I couldn't stand Liverpool when I was at school.

how many bottles were drained because of "fergie time"? 

Tell the truth and shame the devil, Max lol

42 minutes ago, the fox said:

how many bottles were drained because of "fergie time"? 

Tell the truth and shame the devil, Max lol

He didn't actually turn me to drink lol I was already there.

To be fair, you simply can't deny his achievements, whether you like him or not. I was just a kid but lived in Aberdeen when he took over in 1978. He moaned about everything from Old Firm bias to the veruca on his child's foot and everything in between. An olden day Dyche, if you will. Stories of the strokes he pulled were legendary. Often younger players would virtually be dragged out of house parties by Ferguson's network of spies around the city. Aberdeen is a small city, even smaller then before North Sea oil money expanded it and his players got away with nothing. He did break up the Old Firm duopoly which really was an incredible feat His better Aberdeen teams were tough but also had attacking flair that his Man U teams were known for. Having said all that, by the time he retired, I'd been listening to him moan and criticise everything non Man Utd for nearly 40 years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

He didn't actually turn me to drink lol I was already there.

To be fair, you simply can't deny his achievements, whether you like him or not. I was just a kid but lived in Aberdeen when he took over in 1978. He moaned about everything from Old Firm bias to the veruca on his child's foot and everything in between. An olden day Dyche, if you will. Stories of the strokes he pulled were legendary. Often younger players would virtually be dragged out of house parties by Ferguson's network of spies around the city. Aberdeen is a small city, even smaller then before North Sea oil money expanded it and his players got away with nothing. He did break up the Old Firm duopoly which really was an incredible feat His better Aberdeen teams were tough but also had attacking flair that his Man U teams were known for. Having said all that, by the time he retired, I'd been listening to him moan and criticise everything non Man Utd for nearly 40 years. 

Living through the best years of Liverpool and Man United? Sheesh. 

Think like you said, he complained a lot but he controlled his players and his achievements are a thing to admire. 

Many people who succeed in a man-management type job for a long time have an eccentric character. Maybe that's what kept him on top for so long.

For me, I like coaches with an unusual character because they seem a bit more "real" then everyone else. That's probably one of the reasons I like Jose. The many different ways he can taunt and troll over the back of a Sh*thouse 2-1 victory is just too entertaining for me lol 

The media fears them because they call it how they see it instead of winning the favor of the press (a la klopp, Pep... Etc). Sometimes they go overboard but the amount of pressure and scrutiny Jose recieved after finishing 2nd is just laughable. No wonder he acts the way he does seeing how the press has a go at him everytime his team losses. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Living through the best years of Liverpool and Man United? Sheesh. 

Yeah. Not much fun. Really couldn't stand Liverpool for years, even after they stopped winning. In fact, I've just about recovered from it now, just in time for them to win the league so I can start hating them all over again. 

At least this brings it totally back to the thread topic again. Klopp has them motoring at last. Genuinely hope they challenge Man City all season long, can't really see any other team in it but I guess Chelsea or Spurs could have a sensational season. Who knows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Yeah. Not much fun. Really couldn't stand Liverpool for years, even after they stopped winning. In fact, I've just about recovered from it now, just in time for them to win the league so I can start hating them all over again. 

At least this brings it totally back to the thread topic again. Klopp has them motoring at last. Genuinely hope they challenge Man City all season long, can't really see any other team in it but I guess Chelsea or Spurs could have a sensational season. Who knows.

I'm OK with Chelsea winning it but not spurs. Anybody but them. They deserve to stay a meme. 

Pool can win it as long as Man City underperforms. They have the the right players but it's not easy to maintain that much intensity throughout the whole season. Think it will take them another year to figure things out. 

7 hours ago, the fox said:

I'm OK with Chelsea winning it but not spurs. Anybody but them. They deserve to stay a meme. 

Pool can win it as long as Man City underperforms. They have the the right players but it's not easy to maintain that much intensity throughout the whole season. Think it will take them another year to figure things out. 

Anyone but Liverpool. 

My my entire life has been Liverpool fans and the media telling me they’re back and next year they’ll do this and that. I just want them to go away and accept it’s not the 80’s anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anyone but Liverpool. 

My my entire life has been Liverpool fans and the media telling me they’re back and next year they’ll do this and that. I just want them to go away and accept it’s not the 80’s anymore. 

Agree.

Also, Liverpool have by far the most ex players in the media. The pro Liverpool propaganda was at its peak in 2014 when they nearly won the league. Thank God Chelsea did the nation a favour. Unfortunately the vomit inducing love in has returned. 

Someone should do a tally of the pundits and their club affiliations. Liverpool would win this by a margin. 

I'm completely agnostic about Man Utd & Chelsea. 

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Agree.

Also, Liverpool have by far the most ex players in the media. The pro Liverpool propaganda was at its peak in 2014 when they nearly won the league. Thank God Chelsea did the nation a favour. Unfortunately the vomit inducing love in has returned. 

Someone should do a tally of the pundits and their club affiliations. Liverpool would win this by a margin. 

I'm completely agnostic about Man Utd & Chelsea. 

I would say I can’t wait for them to slip away again but of course all that happens then is their cycle starts all over again. Nearly did it, didn’t quite do it, slip off for a few mediocre years, repeat.