Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Didn't see it but the result was enough to make my ferkin night. I wondered whether Spurs would achieve something worthwhile and, god bless 'em, they stuffed the Weevils. This is the point where even a club as rich as United are will struggle with disaffected players, recruitment and a manager mired in his own futility. A season or two of mediocrity, hopefully awaits Old Trafford. If they could stretch it to ten I'd be well pleased.

'Theatre of Dreams' indeed. Stuff of nightmares, more like. Unwise to write them off too quickly but what a lovely result.

with you on this one gerb. 

the ultimate glory hunters/plastics club.

looks as though you love it as much as me when they get a beating.

do you remember that fab game in the 70s when the Dennis law backheel goal relegated them? sheer joy.

46 minutes ago, ST20 said:

They were Tottenham fans.

Perhaps, but they were in the United end, they could quite plausibly have been truly awful glory supporting United 'fans'.

54 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Didn't see it but the result was enough to make my ferkin night. I wondered whether Spurs would achieve something worthwhile and, god bless 'em, they stuffed the Weevils. This is the point where even a club as rich as United are will struggle with disaffected players, recruitment and a manager mired in his own futility. A season or two of mediocrity, hopefully awaits Old Trafford. If they could stretch it to ten I'd be well pleased.

'Theatre of Dreams' indeed. Stuff of nightmares, more like. Unwise to write them off too quickly but what a lovely result.

The Spuds winning is NEVER a lovely result! 

• Like 2

I like him,and anybody,who walks out of the press conference,is a hero for me....

Too many Osteriches...

Plus what a great stat,to have up your sleeve....arrogant,of course he is,!! he's done it all,all top managers are arrogant,what

a poor argument to put any manager down...In this difficult time I will stand by him...Good Ol' Jose.!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

theyl need to get fat Sam in soon to try and keep them up.

Scenes at old trafford  when he is announced lol

Having said that united will still be top 5 this year. They clearly made a mistale with pogba and lukaku. If they can get the right players im sure jose will deliver a title but with the way this is unravelling i cant see him getting the chance. I think woody boy has got to go first before jose.

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

anybody,who walks out of the press conference,is a hero for me....

What an odd thing to admire. A lot of suspected criminals have walked out of press conferences when questions have got a bit too close, is that really something you find heroic? Personally, I believe that anyone who walks out of a press conference is weak, they know they are weak and the know they have no leg to stand on if they stay.

However, I love Jose. As do Mankychester. Their main goal is global recognition and global revenue, before football. Jose losing games and being weird in the press is driving their name globally, it is keeping their club in the fore, and that is the only thing Woodward is concerned about, which is why he sanctioned a world record bid for a player they sold for nothing and is poor (the headlines generated for that, and subsequently as it appears to be going sour, are exactly what woodward was employed for). I wouldn't be surprised if he is asking Jose to perform this way, to boost internet content and drive visitors to anything related to their club so they can make more fortunes by being the "biggest club in the world".

56 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Scenes at old trafford  when he is announced lol

Having said that united will still be top 5 this year. They clearly made a mistale with pogba and lukaku. If they can get the right players im sure jose will deliver a title but with the way this is unravelling i cant see him getting the chance. I think woody boy has got to go first before jose.

Scenes at ot when Wenger turns up lol lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Kopic said:

What an odd thing to admire. A lot of suspected criminals have walked out of press conferences when questions have got a bit too close, is that really something you find heroic? Personally, I believe that anyone who walks out of a press conference is weak, they know they are weak and the know they have no leg to stand on if they stay.

However, I love Jose. As do Mankychester. Their main goal is global recognition and global revenue, before football. Jose losing games and being weird in the press is driving their name globally, it is keeping their club in the fore, and that is the only thing Woodward is concerned about, which is why he sanctioned a world record bid for a player they sold for nothing and is poor (the headlines generated for that, and subsequently as it appears to be going sour, are exactly what woodward was employed for). I wouldn't be surprised if he is asking Jose to perform this way, to boost internet content and drive visitors to anything related to their club so they can make more fortunes by being the "biggest club in the world".

Great first paragraph but the second? :blink:

Before we played them I was thinking what a fantastic time it was to do so because of their drama. Didn't work out for us but the intensity surrounding Mourinho has ratcheted up a few notches since then and we're in the final scenes of a movie we've seen before. The way they are playing we might actually be competing with them for 6th or 7th so let's hope Utd take as long as possible to replace him to give us a nice head start! Because as soon as they get a competent man manager in there they will be CL material again. How sweet would that be for Claudio if he, of all people, took over from Jose.

Man Utd have been a bit of a mess ever since Sir Alex left imo, spent X amount of millions on defenders, pretty sure its over £100mil and they look crap, 

theyve looked pretty poor in every single game this season, they could have easily lost all 3 league games this season, mind we kind of caused our own mistakes in the first

Jose wont last the season for me, as it looks like 3rd season jose is back

8 hours ago, Danizen said:

He's lost his fvcking mind! lol

Standard Jose - who is talking about the performance of the players ? About the performance of spurs? It’s all about him and he will take it on the chin and deal with the attention. If the club decide to get rid of him then so be it but if they keep him then the players will be happy that he has taken the flack for the 3-0 reverse and other poor performances. 

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Man Utd have been a bit of a mess ever since Sir Alex left imo, spent X amount of millions on defenders, pretty sure its over £100mil and they look crap, 

theyve looked pretty poor in every single game this season, they could have easily lost all 3 league games this season, mind we kind of caused our own mistakes in the first

Jose wont last the season for me, as it looks like 3rd season jose is back

Same thing happened after Busby's long tenure took them ages to sort out even brought Busby for a while. Enter Fergie who was on a knife edge until he finally won something. Not that winning the cup these days is considered success by the likes of Man U.