Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

11 hours ago, Kopic said:

What an odd thing to admire. A lot of suspected criminals have walked out of press conferences when questions have got a bit too close, is that really something you find heroic? Personally, I believe that anyone who walks out of a press conference is weak, they know they are weak and the know they have no leg to stand on if they stay.

However, I love Jose. As do Mankychester. Their main goal is global recognition and global revenue, before football. Jose losing games and being weird in the press is driving their name globally, it is keeping their club in the fore, and that is the only thing Woodward is concerned about, which is why he sanctioned a world record bid for a player they sold for nothing and is poor (the headlines generated for that, and subsequently as it appears to be going sour, are exactly what woodward was employed for). I wouldn't be surprised if he is asking Jose to perform this way, to boost internet content and drive visitors to anything related to their club so they can make more fortunes by being the "biggest club in the world".

what an odd thing for you to say,..so most of the  persons who walk out of press conferences are criminals.

why should anyone play patsy to stupid questions from the press...why shouldn't he demand respect from journalist morans,who

have their own agendas to,put out immature questions....or are you in the branch...protecting your own!!h

Weak...??? !!!  Odd thought.  This is not politics...he doesn't have to answer..and stay to listen to pathetic story chasers from a row of 3rd

class journalists....

or... and even if it's just all play by Jose....also brilliant...!!!

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Was a genius. He hasn't moved on with football and is still doing the same things he did with Porto and Chelsea. And he is a highly unlikeable person. I really hope he never gets another job in the prem as he is a total bell end. I have disliked many prem managers over the years, but he is by far the biggest nob of them all. Cannot take away what he achieved in the past, just like with Wenger, but that doesn't mean they are any good now. Football changes and you either change with it or get left behind. And my biggest issue with him is hes far too arrogant to admit when hes wrong or when hes messed up. Always blames the players or the ref or the opposition tactics. Klopp, Pep, Poch,pretty much any other prem manager would never publicly slate their players like he does. Certain managers its sad when they leave the prem, like Claudio and Wenger to an extent but i dont think many will be sorry to see Jose go. He has alienated pretty much everyone in English football! 

How has football changed? 

59 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's either a genius, or he's not a genius - I don't think you lose genius.

Most end up going. Wenger lost it and you could argue Fergie did (some of his late signings were atrocious and I recall he even said Phil Jones would be United's greatest signings?). Clough lost it eventually too and there's probably more examples.

Mourinho has been one of the greatest managers of all time, even I used to enjoy seeing his Chelsea side (between 04 and 06) when they were on tv. He's spent a lot at Utd but whoever is their manager now has a bit of a rebuild. Their defence is appauling.

He also has a big problem that his two biggest rivals (Liverpool and Man City) are way better than them now.

But in recent times he's still won the Europa League with United. And guided them to an FA Cup final and won the League Cup. He's still won more than most managers in the league, even recently, so in that aspect he is right.

Edited by Fox92

51 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

what an odd thing for you to say,..so most of the  persons who walk out of press conferences are criminals.

why should anyone play patsy to stupid questions from the press...why shouldn't he demand respect from journalist morans,who

have their own agendas to,put out immature questions....or are you in the branch...protecting your own!!h

Weak...??? !!!  Odd thought.  This is not politics...he doesn't have to answer..and stay to listen to pathetic story chasers from a row of 3rd

class journalists....

or... and even if it's just all play by Jose....also brilliant...!!!

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's either a genius, or he's not a genius - I don't think you lose genius.

Then he isn't a genius, he just had some very good ideas. 

Let's be honest, the word genius is hugely over used. Einstein was a genius, Hawking was a genius. Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho, these guys are pretty good football coaches who have a reasonable track record getting the best out of players that will buy in to their philosophy and play exactly the one way they want them to. 

Mourinho is just as ****ed without strong defensive players as Guardiola would be if you sent him to manage Stoke.

Both are dependent on their human skills as man managers. Mourinho was excellent at creating a bubble at Chelsea in which he and his team were stood together against all the outside world and **** anyone that crossed them. They were an unbreakable unit and he'd defend them at all costs. 

What he's lost more than anything over the years but particularly, if you follow the pattern, since his father got extremely ill, is the human side of his game. These days he falls out with squad at the drop of a hat, with staff, with players, with executives, journalists, everyone left right and centre. 

He's lost a big part of what made him successful. 

Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba and Co would have walked over coals for Mourinho. Shaw, Lindelhof, Bailly and Smalling are more likely to use him as a bridge to cross em. 

He can't function like that. You take away his man management and what's left? Basically Tony Pulis to be honest, a solid defensive organiser only currently without solid defensive players. 

Man isn't a genius, he isn't a special one. 

Only football manager I'd say truly came close to genius in my lifetime was Ferguson, who repeatedly reinvented himself and the club and was consistently successful for years and years.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Mourinho certainly brings a lot of negativity onto himself but there is definitely a anti-Mourinho agenda in the media. If Klopp fails to win the title after having spent nearly £200m the press will still have a Klopp wankfest because he shows pashun and laughs. BT Sport are so in love with him, it's sickening. Mourinho finished 2nd Last year and was still treated with disdain. Klopp will finish 2nd this year and be celebrated.

I remember Klopp's first game as Liverpool manager was on BT at Tottenham. They virtually had KloppCam in the corner of the screen for 90 minutes.

Mourinho's always been a win at all costs manager, people don't care about his antics when he's winning games but when you aren't winning at a club under such scrutiny it's only right the fans get the arse.

its very odd, they backed the manager in January and gave him a contract extension but in the summer they didn't back him. I'm not too sure if his contact extension was automatic or offered. Very odd goings on at Old Trafford. I'm enjoying it though lol 

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Mourinho's always been a win at all costs manager, people don't care about his antics when he's winning games but when you aren't winning at a club under such scrutiny it's only right the fans get the arse.

But the fans are supporting him,..it's just the media looking to instigate a story...