Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Mourinho certainly brings a lot of negativity onto himself but there is definitely a anti-Mourinho agenda in the media. If Klopp fails to win the title after having spent nearly £200m the press will still have a Klopp wankfest because he shows pashun and laughs. BT Sport are so in love with him, it's sickening. Mourinho finished 2nd Last year and was still treated with disdain. Klopp will finish 2nd this year and be celebrated.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mourinho certainly brings a lot of negativity onto himself but there is definitely a anti-Mourinho agenda in the media. If Klopp fails to win the title after having spent nearly £200m the press will still have a Klopp wankfest because he shows pashun and laughs. BT Sport are so in love with him, it's sickening. Mourinho finished 2nd Last year and was still treated with disdain. Klopp will finish 2nd this year and be celebrated.

Klopp is an entertainer, and the media love him for that. Mourinho is dry, grumpy, indifferent to negative in his attitude towards the press.

Of course, one sells better than the other. The yellow press especially make and break people at their will. All a matter of the appropriate propaganda.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

It's like Dyche and Pearson really. 

Very little between them, pretty similar as managers, but Dyche likes the press and plays for them while Pearson dislikes them and doesn't hide it. 

They did their best to hound Pearson out while they're still up Dyche's arse now. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mourinho has changed massively from the character that entered the PL over a decade ago. He'd have had the press in his pocket back then but the tide has shifted and he's no longer able to play mind games with everyone and get results. It's broken him, you can tell. But with it he's lost his charm and humour, his arrogance is now seen as delusion and every job he's in he falls out with the majority within 2-3 seasons. 

I'd love to know what he thinks has happened in the last decade for him to have become like this, he's a fascinating man but I'm growing tired of his antics. He's all set to move in to national management after this, I don't see where else he goes domestically without further decline. He may well get instant results as well with a country, and although the pressure there is possibly higher I think the periods where there's no international games and him being out of the limelight would benefit him. 

I'd piss if they went after Wenger.

• Like 2

I think the illness and death of his father has quite obviously had an impact on the guy, its got to be hard to take the time to mourn when the whole world is jumping on you for results in your professional life. 

But he also isn't able to blame himself and take responsibility when things go wrong, he lashes out and makes enemies for himself in the process and that's also slowly worn him down throughout his career. 

When he first arrived in England there was little expectation and no track record of failure. Now he's become terrified of losing because he can't actually process that and cope with it so he rarely responds year by year with increasingly defensive teams and increasingly blaming everyone else for his short comings. 

• Like 1

Manchester United are a car crash in slow motion. Before the season started you could see this happening and it’s playing out almost as you’d expect. Mourinho is reaping what he’s sown. He’s talked the talk from day one but hasn’t delivered. He’s been there a few years now but they still play tame football instead of the swashbuckling style that Fergie’s teams were known for. They’ve blown tons of money on underperforming players.

Just a matter of time before he goes and I guess it will be Zidane that comes in given he’s free. 

I also agree with the posters above who suggest he has mental health issues and / or reacted badly to family bereavements. At this point he’s just become a parody of himself. 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's a bit in that clip on the BBC of Mourinho leaving the press conference that sums up a genuine problem in Premier league football, really. 

It's as he exits, the camera pans out to a room full of journalists giggling and laughing to themselves like self congratulatory little school bullies. 

I don't like Mourinho but I like those little parasites less. They don't care about the game, the sport, they just want to sell drama and gossip stories for clicks and advertising inches and it's perverse. 

I remember them having the audacity to call Pearson a bully and it wound me up then. This is a room full of guys sat faceless and anonymous the other side of the camera in a collective huddle, baiting and poking an individual alone in the spotlight, asking them the same questions over and over hoping they crack and they get a story. 

There's bullies in that dynamic but it's not the managers.

Yep,Parasites.

Bring you up,to knock you down even harder.Perhaps going a bit over the top,but it’s like some sort of mental abuse,a little game to see when you will break.

They are after one thing only.Themselves.The media have too much influence and unfortunately most of the public ( FT included) fall for their pathetic,but successful tripe.

whatever you think of these well paid individuals,behind it all they have feelings and families.

You watch the likes of Klopp suddenly become another victim in a few years.It will happen.

• Like 1

Just strikes me as someone who has lost he's love of the game! I think he's time at RM just burn't him out. Seemed to rekindle it for a while during he's return to Chelsea, but the ending there made him even more bitter.

It a shame as at one time, he was funny, interesting, and breath of fresh air to the PL.

I hope he leaves an takes some time out, and comeback like before! 

The media seems to love hunting someone down, you only have to look at the treatment of Robson, Taylor as England managers, the treatment of Wenger a PL legend.

It's almost like they want to see someone mentally destroyed! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

There's a bit in that clip on the BBC of Mourinho leaving the press conference that sums up a genuine problem in Premier league football, really. 

It's as he exits, the camera pans out to a room full of journalists giggling and laughing to themselves like self congratulatory little school bullies. 

I don't like Mourinho but I like those little parasites less. They don't care about the game, the sport, they just want to sell drama and gossip stories for clicks and advertising inches and it's perverse. 

I remember them having the audacity to call Pearson a bully and it wound me up then. This is a room full of guys sat faceless and anonymous the other side of the camera in a collective huddle, baiting and poking an individual alone in the spotlight, asking them the same questions over and over hoping they crack and they get a story. 

There's bullies in that dynamic but it's not the managers.

He was quite happy to use the platform to publicly ridicule a team doctor who was only doing her job.

14 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

He was quite happy to use the platform to publicly ridicule a team doctor who was only doing her job.

Yeah he's an arsehole, like I said, I don't like the guy particularly. I never have.

But two wrongs, etc. 

I also find it quite telling how the media are now regarding themselves as the "victim":

"Why is Mourinho so angry with the media?"

What has eaten away at him, and continues to do so, is that his record fails to insulate him from the kind of criticism he thinks others - who have not achieved anything like as much as him - seem to escape.

United finished runners-up to Manchester City last season, and before the season's opening game against Leicester, Mourinho questioned why Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp and Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino receive what he feels to be an easy ride despite their failure to win a trophy.

He said: "It is difficult for me to believe we finished second when I listen, when I read, because you are capable of making people that finish second look like they were relegated and people who win nothing, finish below us, and you make them look like serial winners."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45325320

Priceless.

• Like 1

Mourinho is an absolute genius, anyone who doubts that is an idiot.

But Manchester United isn't and never has been the club for him. He needs a club where he's THE man, the undisputed top dog. I think that's why he's fluffed at Madrid and United.

His performances at Porto, Chelsea and Inter were nothing short of brilliance. He needs a club like Dortmund or Atletico, a huge club but short of being the absolute biggest.

His 2005 Chelsea side is still one of the best i've seen in the PL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

But Manchester United isn't and never has been the club for him. He needs a club where he's THE man, the undisputed top dog. I think that's why he's fluffed at Madrid and United.

His performances at Porto, Chelsea and Inter were nothing short of brilliance. He needs a club like Dortmund or Atletico, a huge club but short of being the absolute biggest.

Was a genius. He hasn't moved on with football and is still doing the same things he did with Porto and Chelsea. And he is a highly unlikeable person. I really hope he never gets another job in the prem as he is a total bell end. I have disliked many prem managers over the years, but he is by far the biggest nob of them all. Cannot take away what he achieved in the past, just like with Wenger, but that doesn't mean they are any good now. Football changes and you either change with it or get left behind. And my biggest issue with him is hes far too arrogant to admit when hes wrong or when hes messed up. Always blames the players or the ref or the opposition tactics. Klopp, Pep, Poch,pretty much any other prem manager would never publicly slate their players like he does. Certain managers its sad when they leave the prem, like Claudio and Wenger to an extent but i dont think many will be sorry to see Jose go. He has alienated pretty much everyone in English football! 

What mourinho does brilliantly is divert attention. Man Utd lost 3-0 at home, everyone should be talking about how bad the team was but Mourinho comes out acting like a twat in the press conference and all of a sudden he gets all the attention. It's genius and he's the best at it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

What mourinho does brilliantly is divert attention. Man Utd lost 3-0 at home, everyone should be talking about how bad the team was but Mourinho comes out acting like a twat in the press conference and all of a sudden he gets all the attention. It's genius and he's the best at it

You sure? :pearson:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Was a genius. He hasn't moved on with football and is still doing the same things he did with Porto and Chelsea. And he is a highly unlikeable person. I really hope he never gets another job in the prem as he is a total bell end. I have disliked many prem managers over the years, but he is by far the biggest nob of them all. Cannot take away what he achieved in the past, just like with Wenger, but that doesn't mean they are any good now. Football changes and you either change with it or get left behind. And my biggest issue with him is hes far too arrogant to admit when hes wrong or when hes messed up. Always blames the players or the ref or the opposition tactics. Klopp, Pep, Poch,pretty much any other prem manager would never publicly slate their players like he does. Certain managers its sad when they leave the prem, like Claudio and Wenger to an extent but i dont think many will be sorry to see Jose go. He has alienated pretty much everyone in English football! 

He won the league 4 seasons ago.

Edited by AKCJ

Never liked him was always disrespectful to other managers was particularly rude and nasty about Ranieri and then got all chummy when 1st he won the league with us and then when he was sacked.  Two-faced. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Alot has changed in 13 years though.. Perhaps he hasn't moved with the times?