Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man City will score 5 today.

Newcastle are relegation fodder. Truly terrible side.

1-1 may be finish 5-1 then

• Like 1

Pellegrini, a manager once linked with us and many people, myself included, would have loved this at the time. I don’t think there’s much more he can do there, the whole club just seems so toxic that even the best in managers in Europe couldn’t resolve their issues. 

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's early days for him there but shouldn't think he'll get many chances if he continues to play like he is, also was thinking today what a waste Shaqiri is at Liverpool as well, would have had a massive role if he'd sign for us.

Just 2 massive examples off big clubs buying players simply so other teams can't have them of which there are many other examples.

I'd like to think in the future players might be more savvy and realise this...chase the money or get less money (But still very decent) and major gametime?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just 2 massive examples off big clubs buying players simply so other teams can't have them of which there are many other examples.

I'd like to think in the future players might be more savvy and realise this...chase the money or get less money (But still very decent) and major gametime?

It's probably hard for a top player at one team to look at the line-up for another team and think "I probably can't make that team".

All they see are titles with a big team but it usually end up with time on the bench.

Just now, gurru991 said:

It's probably hard for a top player at one team to look at the line-up for another team and think "I probably can't make that team".

All they see are titles with a big team but it usually end up with time on the bench.

Oh I can imagine it'd be tough to turn it down, don't get me wrong and who am I to say they should turn it down! lol

The biggest example of it was Drinkwater to Chelsea though. Anyone could see he'd get very limited gametime there.

Just now, Matt said:

Oh I can imagine it'd be tough to turn it down, don't get me wrong and who am I to say they should turn it down! lol

The biggest example of it was Drinkwater to Chelsea though. Anyone could see he'd get very limited gametime there.

I agree with you, super tough but it was a move that stole two years from Drinkwaters career. I know the money is still rolling in but most top players want to play.

• Like 2

It's not all about money though. If you have confidence in your ability and see a bigger/better club come for you then you're handed a chance to win multiple trophies. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Sterling got called out for "chasing money" but at the end of the day he's won a league title and a league cup. For every good example there's a bad example.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1