Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

They lost Brady for quite a while, but he was on the bench against us. They had the look of a team who thought they'd cracked it, but they took their foot off the gas slightly thinking the league was easy.

Almost failed to improve enough from the year before and have almost been figured out. Then weren't used to being beat and its snowballed 

30 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

the simple fact is that burnley were fu cking dog shit last year, too. nothing has changed personnel or style wise, they are still just as shit they’re just not as lucky. 

Yesterday I could swear the commentator said they won 12 games by a single goal last season. While you obviously need a certain amount of quality to see games out and get ahead in the first place, it's not maintainable for a long period of time, you've got to build on it, they haven't.

even last season didn’t they go from like early december til about march without winning a game, they were awful just had a few runs of 1-0 or 2-1 wins like you said. 

not to mention that mad set of away results at the start of the season where they got about half their total points from away games against the top 6. that’s obviously never gonna happen again. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

They lost Brady for quite a while, but he was on the bench against us. They had the look of a team who thought they'd cracked it, but they took their foot off the gas slightly thinking the league was easy.

They'd be better off with Tom Brady the way they are going this season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

I swear they score 5 goals a season where one of their average targetmen handballs it in the box

Can't recall whether is was last season but the Vokes handball at Swansea was unbelievable. 

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely, we must start getting more wins at home if we're serious about progression. Our away form is not too bad.

Thing is didn’t Southampton fans warn us of this, along with other things that are alarmingly similar?

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thing is didn’t Southampton fans warn us of this, along with other things that are alarmingly similar?

Aren't they also precisely where we don't want to be as a club right now? I wish they'd warn us about that, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Aren't they also precisely where we don't want to be as a club right now? I wish they'd warn us about that, too.

Isn’t that more to do with them simply not replacing well enough? :dunno: 

Edited by Matt

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

What makes you think we'd do any better? There's absolutely nothing out there at the moment.

Hang on, where have I said we would? I’ve made my feelings known on recruitment side of the club and our managerial appointments in the past leave a lot to be desired.

That should not be used as a defence for the current management however. Both departments need looking at and questions need asking.

Back to where this started though; Our home and away form was being discussed, people were saying our away form was reasonably ok and our home form, performances and results needed improving. 

I then simply stated or asked a rhetorical question raising the point didn’t Southampton fans tell us this when he first came, the question/point was ignored and the subject was changed.

The point people raise about ‘I bet Southampton fans would want Puel back now’ or anything along those lines is a poor argument, did the replace poorly, yes, would still like him in charge - I doubt it.

Edited by Matt