Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

12 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He was on loan at notts county when he was 17....

if you goal and assists stats arent all you have considered then maybe you want to break down why he isnt worth 20/25 million in todays market without mentioning them? As it was you that narrowed the arguement down to them and continued to mention them.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread. I've talked at length about why I don't think he's worth that, way before I even mentioned any stats. Continued to mention them? Twice, in 29 page thread. lol

Villa are financially up shit creek and need to sell to get inline with FFP for starters, that puts any buyer in a strong position. No championship player has ever gone for that amount, the very best in that league have been and are still going for around the £15m mark. I don't believe the market is there just yet for a CM who has one decent season at that level. Will Hughes was the great white hope for Derby, performed at a decent level for several years and only fetched £8m

I'm also talking up front fee, not add-ons. Someone could easily go in with a bid that gets bumped up to that if he actually performs.

Edited by Babylon

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If we sell Mahrez for 60 and buy Grealish for 40, that's pretty  much the worst business since "replacing" Heskey. 

That'd probably be the last straw for me, I'd be off to support Boston United. 

lol

Funniest thing I’ve ever seen you write

And spot on too!

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It is... but the loons over in Birmingham actually think that's a reasonable fee, that's the problem. I'd be amazed if anyone bid much more than the £12-£17m upfront for the lad. With a hefty chunk of potential extras to sweeten the deal if he performed.

Maddison, from what I've seen on the pitch and from all the statistical stuff, is the player who I think could tempt someone to go over the £20m mark for a championship player for the first time.

Yeah Maddison is class, at any level he's played at he's excelled. I hope Barnes can do the same but given the chance I'd snap Maddison up. He's the perfect number 10 in our desired system under Puel, so annoying if the injury is going to scupper the deal this summer. He'd be very keen to join us from what I've been told from friends of his as he wants to be closer to home again.

lol lol lol Just looked on news now. One of the feeds is talking about a .......... Wait for it         lol lol lol lol 

£4.5m deal can someone put the link on VT mass suicides in Brum.

Edited by sylofox

10 hours ago, Ozwin said:

If we get £65+ million for Mahrez and spend two thirds of it on Grealish I'm going to post a very angry sounding message to FoxesTalk!

I think a poll would be appropriate to determine whether this should be an open letter ;)

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. For them to be facts they would have to be accurate. You said he had 9 assists and 9 goals he actually has 18 assists and 12 goals. No brilliant but not bad either when you consider he is 22. 

2. I wasn't comparing his record with the oxs just using him as an example of someone who has played in a similar position to grealish when goals and assist stats don't tell the full tale. As you rightly point out the Ox is a top international player. But he has often had poor assist and goal stats playing for much more expansive sides than Steve Bruce's Villa which should hopefully show you that goals and assists aren't the be all and end all when judging a player.

This season? 

I saw league figures of 3 goals and 6 assists the other day(?)

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This season? 

I saw league figures of 3 goals and 6 assists the other day(?)

You are correct, he's pulling in some stats from a loan to Notts County in god knows what league.

Edited by Babylon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Still that's their look out, double the valuation of players CRAZY

Do you really think we are going to pay £40m paper talk money lol lol Our top offer for Siggy last summer was £30m then we walked. Swansea wanted £50m and got £42m.

9 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I’m surprised his numbers are so poor.

Would not have him on my mind at this stage with that output in the Championship.

To be fair to him, he has high chance creation stats... so it could be that the strikers were guff.

• Like 1

Why the hell is anyone on here taking this £40m valuation seriously? 

There is no way they will get anything close to that, and I doubt Villa are even the ones who put that figure out there!

£20m with add-ons is what he will go for. That is the number people should be discussing. 

I think it's still high, but I'm not surprised by it and bit mystified why anyone else is so shocked by it. 

I also think there is a difference in agreeing with it compared to just accepting that this is the market today. 

Hate to break it to all you guys, Maddison won't be far off £20m too...:teehee:

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You are correct, he's pulling in some stats from a loan to Notts County in god knows what league.

Lol you claimed he had 9 goals and nine assists in his whole career, you arrogantly claimed you were dealing in facts. You were proven wrong. League 1 is a good standard for a 17 year old and despite your snobbery towards it goals and assists count towards a players career total as much as championship ones do. 

anyway I grow bored of this debate you don't seem to want to engage me in a proper debate on weather he is worth 20/25 million. My point was never that he is the 2nd coming of Messi just that he is a young, useful, hard working, english, creative midfielder who after the billion pound TV deals is weather you like it or not is worth 20/25 million.   

15 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Key passes/90, dribbles/90, shots/90 are the metrics that matter when assessing attacking midfielders. 

2017/18
Grealish 
Shots p/90 1.9 (Vardy 1.9, Mahrez 2)
Key Passes/90 1.9 (Mahrez 1.6, Albrighton 1.4, Gray 0.8)
Dribbles/90 2.6 (Mahrez 2.3, Albrighton 1.5)

He’s more creative than Gray and Albrighton, plus he plays centrally which we don’t have.

Just because he has been immature in the past and has a suspect barnet doesn’t make him a bad player. £25m for a 22 year old that can create more than anyone from a central position in our team, shouldn’t be scoffed at. 

But they play at different levels so surely that means those stats are pointless. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Lol you claimed he had 9 goals and nine assists in his whole career, you arrogantly claimed you were dealing in facts. You were proven wrong. League 1 is a good standard for a 17 year old and despite your snobbery towards it goals and assists count towards a players career total as much as championship ones do. 

anyway I grow bored of this debate you don't seem to want to engage me in a proper debate on weather he is worth 20/25 million. My point was never that he is the 2nd coming of Messi just that he is a young, useful, hard working, english, creative midfielder who after the billion pound TV deals is weather you like it or not is worth 20/25 million.   

Don't want to engage in a debate?... do check your notifications.  :rolleyes:

Hughes went for £8m and he was all the things you just listed and more. No player has gone for remotely anything close to that. A £25m valuation is not justified "whether you like it or not".

Edited by Babylon