Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I've heard Mahrez has been offered a new contract on improved terms and he may be looking at staying, given the overall lack of interest. Anyone know if there is anything in it? 

Hope not and no thanks.   More Tantrums in January 2019/162 pages/Strike/Stays/More speculation in Summer 2019/another 150 pages.   I think we have all had enough of this circus???

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hope not and no thanks.   More Tantrums in January 2019/162 pages/Strike/Stays/More speculation in Summer 2019/another 150 pages.   I think we have all had enough of this circus???

I think you're right, we're all tired of it now. It would be like having an unfaithful girlfriend back, she might be very good at doing the business, but you'd always be looking over your shoulder!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I've heard Mahrez has been offered a new contract on improved terms and he may be looking at staying, given the overall lack of interest. Anyone know if there is anything in it? 

Lol good joke 

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I also heard that he is waiting outside the Etihad with his trousers round his ankles.  Anyone know if there is anything in it?

14 hours ago, MCFC said:

Any football fan who wouldn't want Sterling at their club must have serious delusions of grandeur. Unless they support Real Madrid/Barcelona. 

Deary me.

Have you been watching the World Cup?

Sterling been absolutely terrible. 

He must have missed 6 or 7 gilt edged chances.

He hasn’t scored to England for approaching three ****ing years.

Had Vardy been given the same game time he probably have bagged four goals in this tournament.

As well as Gareth has done; this is a massive blindspot he’s got.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Deary me.

Had Vardy been given the same game time he probably have bagged four goals in this tournament.

Sterling is the best player England have only his confidence has been damaged by the intense scrutiny he gets put under.  I think Southgate knows how good he is and wants him to score so that he can get his confidence back in an England shirt then you might see the player that plays for Manchester City.  

As well as England have done, it's largely down to the defence and set pieces.  The midfield player is non-existent so players like kane, Sterling and Vardy just do not get the ball in front of them.

• Haha 3

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5930547/amp/Leicester-star-Mahrez-set-Man-City-medical-60m-deal-agreed.html

Medical in the next 48 hours apparently, according to the Daily Mail, but it isn't Laurie Whitwell so take it with several tablespoons of salt.

Players are going off to France today. Mahrez will be expected there tomorrow unless we have given him special dispensation to miss it.

Edited by brucey

all reports said its imminent

i think it's time to create new threads ( open letter to mahrez or farewell to ryad )

i think ryad mahrez is like a beatifull butterfly that fly from one city to another city 

Leicester city have hien mahrez the wings to fly very high and man city will give him opportunity to fly even higher. but all the credits goes to Leicester city.

60 m is a bargain for a quality player like mahrez as the different WC matches have shown that those national teams have lacked player like him in matches where players could not unlock defenses ( e g  Portugal Germany  Argentina ....)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

all reports said its imminent

i think it's time to create new threads ( open letter to mahrez or farewell to ryad )

i think ryad mahrez is like a beatifull butterfly that fly from one city to another city 

Leicester city have hien mahrez the wings to fly very high and man city will give him opportunity to fly even higher. but all the credits goes to Leicester city.

60 m is a bargain for a quality player like mahrez as the different WC matches have shown that those national teams have lacked player like him in matches where players could not unlock defenses ( e g  Portugal Germany  Argentina ....)

Love Riyad but you’ve just indirectly rated him higher than Messi and Ronaldo. You cannot be serious.

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Love Riyad but you’ve just indirectly rated him higher than Messi and Ronaldo. You cannot be serious.

thanks mate 

I m talking about Bernardo silva and quaresma fir Portugal and pavon fir Argentina   

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

Sorry, but 2 goals in 40 odd games suggests that, despite his other attributes, Sterling is basically not contributing towards England's goalscoring threat !

I know he is not.  He scores for Manchester City so the issue is more the players he is playing with and the intense criticism he receives rather than his innate ability.  I don't care one bit for England, but it's up to England fans.  if they want to see him play like he does for Man City, support him.  If they are more interested in their own petty agendas then carry on abusing him and questioning him and you'll get half the player.

13 minutes ago, Naz said:

I know he is not.  He scores for Manchester City so the issue is more the players he is playing with and the intense criticism he receives rather than his innate ability.  I don't care one bit for England, but it's up to England fans.  if they want to see him play like he does for Man City, support him.  If they are more interested in their own petty agendas then carry on abusing him and questioning him and you'll get half the player.

You can't blame England fans because sterling is a crap finisher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Deary me.

You clearly haven't been watching it if you think Sterling is a bad player. Sure, he hasn't got an end product BUT he is a midfielder and being a prolific goalscorer isn't the role of a midfielder. He is a very good footballer in my opinion, creative and flamboyant with pace to burn. Having said all of this, Mahrez is the player I would choose out of him and Sterling. I'm under no illusions, Mahrez will score 20 and assist 20 in their team which is why 60 million is a joke.